C.O.Jones

C.O.Jones

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Supports:CF Cadiz
Anyone know the status of his visa?
What if Luke was a bad boy during the offseason, and perhaps had a run in with the law? Would that have caused a delay in the visa renewal process? I hope I'm wrong, I'm just speculating on this-just curious to know what the legal eagles who frequent here know how this would hinder his renewal process-if this is indeed the case, or what is the usual timeframe in the visa renewal process because a simple lapse in the visa. (I know there was a previous thread about this, but I cannot remember if anyone brought up this scenario on that thread.)

Rooney22

Rooney22

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro
Backe said today that we shoud have an answer by next week

Rufulk

Rufulk

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
If LR was arrested and/or convicted over the summer, I would speculate he is pretty much fucked. The Department of State runs the consulates overseas, and have wide discretion over whether or not they issue visas. Further, there is no real appeal for a visa denial. Given his arrest history, any subsequent arrests would probably be a death sentence for future visa issuance.

Assuming he hasn't had any further issues, it is not unheard of to have significant delays in obtaining a new visa with a criminal history. First, there are several documents have to obtain, most notably a clearance from the UK police department, which can some time to obtain. Second, you have to get a special interview with a certain part of the consulate. The London consulate is typically very full anyway, but this special part that handles criminal interviews can take 2-3 weeks just to get an appointment. I had one client with who got a an arrest two days before he was supposed to go with clients to the Indy 500, and, needless to say, he was very disappointed to hear this.

Third, and let's hope this isn't the case, he may need to get a waiver of his inadmissibility. These can take upwards of 20-22 weeks to obtain. Based on my cursory understanding of his convictions, I doubt this is the case, so let's hope not.

For those interested, see the following link to the US Consulate's website: http://london.usemba.../add_crime.html

Rufulk

Rufulk

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
Follow up to the above. According to reports from May 2011, Luke did have his initial visa application actually denied: http://espn.go.com/s...y-handle-soccer

Therefore, he probably had to go through the whole 20-week, 212(d) waiver for inadmissibility for his initial visa application. I just called a colleague who confirmed that re-applying for a 212(d) waiver is way more straight forward once you have already received a waiver.

metro bomaye!

metro bomaye!

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Supports:METRO | Betis
If he had gotten in trouble, we almost surely would've heard about it...right?

Red Bull Out

C.O.Jones

C.O.Jones

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Supports:CF Cadiz

Follow up to the above. According to reports from May 2011, Luke did have his initial visa application actually denied: http://espn.go.com/s...y-handle-soccer

Therefore, he probably had to go through the whole 20-week, 212(d) waiver for inadmissibility for his initial visa application. I just called a colleague who confirmed that re-applying for a 212(d) waiver is way more straight forward once you have already received a waiver.

Thanks for the information. I just find it a tad suspicious that NYRB (aka Soler) would forget to have his visa renewed. The FO may have done some questionable things in the past, but clubs (or players) would never let visas just expire, forgetting to renew them.
I still think there is more to this story than we're privy to.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
The longer this goes, the more pessimistic I get. Hopefully we get good news this week...

Trumanaldo

Trumanaldo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Supports:MetroBulls, Liverpool, NFFC, COBRA
Luke posted he got his visa. What a great week for the Red Bulls!
I'd rather die than live in a world where I can't kick your ass.

"Seattle fans talking trash on Justin TV but I have absolutely zero soccer knowledge to counter with" - Philadelphia Union Fan.

http://redbullrant.wordpress.com

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

Luke posted he got his visa. What a great week for the Red Bulls!

post screenshot?

Trumanaldo

Trumanaldo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Supports:MetroBulls, Liverpool, NFFC, COBRA
He posted it on facebook. Go check it out.
I'd rather die than live in a world where I can't kick your ass.

"Seattle fans talking trash on Justin TV but I have absolutely zero soccer knowledge to counter with" - Philadelphia Union Fan.

http://redbullrant.wordpress.com

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
Feeling a bit optimistic for next year. Back line is solidified. Front line has more depth. Marquez can go back to midfield where he'll be of better use. Lindpere re-signed.

Now if everything goes right we should be able to break that record for ties, rather than just compete for it.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Luke Rodgers

Iv got my visa, be joining the red bulls in mexico this week. Cant wait!
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull
Woo-Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
Yeaaaa buddy

5 year plan

Grimnitz

Grimnitz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hertha BSC, FC Harlem
#relieved
"What do I have to do to get you into my van?"~Konrad

“Sellouts are extremely important to us for what we're trying to start here.”-Chris Heck
http://www.facebook.com/VikingArmySC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users