102 replies to this topic

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Down 1:0 to Miami FC, 30 minutes in. Goal by Speedy Williams.

Miami provides starting lineup... RBNY, nothing.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Miami provides halftime subs (ex-RBNY II Janos Loebe...) RBNY, nothing.

Down 2:0 now. Thanks, Miami FC.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Woof, no wonder they don't want to put out any info.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

2:0 final.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Speedy Williams, Bolu Akinyode and Janos Loebe all played for Miami FC today. You know how I know that? Their team provides coverage.

This preseason coverage is a joke from a PR/social standpoint. No updates whatsoever, no preseason roster, no preseason lineups. Its like the team intentionally wants to lose fans. Nothing on the team website, very few social media posts. While I get the team is a joke, there was more coverage for preseason before social media and that's as sad as the forward situation has been the past couple years.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Speedy Williams, Bolu Akinyode and Janos Loebe all played for Miami FC today. You know how I know that? Their team provides coverage.

This preseason coverage is a joke from a PR/social standpoint. No updates whatsoever, no preseason roster, no preseason lineups. Its like the team intentionally wants to lose fans. Nothing on the team website, very few social media posts. While I get the team is a joke, there was more coverage for preseason before social media and that's as sad as the forward situation has been the past couple years.

I dont know if they think being secretive is beneficial to them, or why they think that.

Everyone knows how a Red Bull team plays with some slight differences. We havent gotten a preseason roster either, although by the looks of things both Pendant and Jensen were left in NJ.

In previous years we got lineups, halftime changes and goal score updates, thats all Im really looking for from a preseason match with no streaming.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I dont know if they think being secretive is beneficial to them, or why they think that.

Marsch used to play some of these games, like releasing lineups in numerical order as to not tip their hand. That's a different story than just phoning in coverage of the first real preseason game of camp though, there's really nothing to hide here. It was a backup squad against a lower division side...

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Who is #90?

bla.jpg

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Who is #90?

bla.jpg

that looks like Jake Lacava to me.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

I'm pretty surprised they decided to only do 60 minutes for the friendly unless the intrasquad games have been pretty intense.  We dont have a lot of opportunities left to get fitness and pressing synced up against other teams, with only two preseason games left.

Struber has his work cut out for him with all the new guys he needs to integrate at the same time.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

looks like Jake Lacava to me.

# change?
https://en.m.wikiped...iki/Jake_LaCava

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
90 is Jake LaCava.

Fairly common for players to switch numbers moving from USL to MLS or also wearing what's available there (#90 probably had some shorts laying around from Rza).

Wouldn't be surprised if he signed an MLS deal but also fairly common to switch USL numbers too, especially if they become available across both MLS/USL teams.

@CurseofCaricola

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
Piecing pictures/short video together:
Coronel
Duncan-Reyes-Tarek-Gutman
Davis-Casseres
Valot-Clark
Harper-White

LaCava, Carmona, Barlow, Edelman, Fernandez, Nealis also seemed to get some playing time.

Unknown: the 3 draft picks, Sowe, Meara, Lewis, Egbo, Tolkin, Diarra, Estrela, Yearwood, Royer
Not in camp: Pendant, Jensen, Edwards, Fabio

@CurseofCaricola

reyes7

reyes7

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Supports:rbny

https://twitter.com/...172229726142470

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Piecing pictures/short video together:
Coronel
Duncan-Reyes-Tarek-Gutman
Davis-Casseres
Valot-Clark
Harper-White

LaCava, Carmona, Barlow, Edelman, Fernandez, Nealis also seemed to get some playing time.

Unknown: the 3 draft picks, Sowe, Meara, Lewis, Egbo, Tolkin, Diarra, Estrela, Yearwood, Royer
Not in camp: Pendant, Jensen, Edwards, Fabio

Not sure how to read that lineup. Looks close to what could be first choice with a few exceptions, maybe more of a diamond with Valot and CCJ as the 8s and Davis as the 6 (not a fan)

Edwards having visa issues is going to be a problem. Duncan doesnt provide the width and crossing ability that Struber usually requires from his outside backs.

Fábio is going to have ~2 weeks of training before the first match.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users