HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team
ALAWB_0.jpg

As much as I deeply appreciate the kudos and comments from you all respect should also go out to a gentleman named Thomas Dolan. He has a flag sitting over in section 102 that was the basis of the design. So do me and him a HUGE favor, and give him a shout out and pat on the back. He deserves to be in the spotlight as well!

Just properly giving credit where credit is due.

As for the rest of you that inspired me to give the proposal to Marc in the first place...

THANK YOU!!!

Please remember if nothing else, this flag represents ALL of us in Metro Nation. Not just the casuals fans. Not just the season ticket holders or the hard-core supporters. ALL OF US! Some will say its 8 or 10 years too late, and that's completely understandable. But it's a hell of a lot better than nothing at all. I sat with Marc up in the skybox and gave him suggestion upon suggestion about ideas to improve the game experience in South Ward. Told him that you desperately need a bigger base drum to bring the thunder during your songs and chants.

Hammered him about our grave disappointment of the ownership's decision of not fielding a USLPro team, and the repercussions it could possibly have down the road if it is not enacted. Told him it's like building a skyscraper without a foundation. Absolute lunacy. Told him that buying a championship never works, at least with us. In a league where parity is the rule, having a USLPro team and a SYSTEM in place will make the difference between being in the championship hunt every season - in EVERY competition, or being referred as a joke of a franchise.

Needless to say, it was a very good conversation. I can only hope that he can follow through on half of the suggestions I gave. I just didn't sit there watched the game and dining on sushi, salmon and other stuff. Although, I have to admit, the salmon was very good. The folks up there do indeed eat and drink very well.

Oh, and one more thing. The flag does have an overall theme in case anyone asks. It's a very simple one, one that describes us in a nutshell...

We are Many. We are One. We are Metro.

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

tumblr_n6bn7eXu2y1tqxusbo1_500.gif

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

NYC is Red

NYC is Red

Reserve Team

• PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Man United, US Soccer

"We are many. We are one. We are Metro." Well said. Hopefully de Granpre and the other execs will take to heart what you said about the USL pro decision. You never know.

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
FINAL WORD:

"The phrase "As long as we're breathing..." means two things to me that I live my life by, which is passion and commitment. As long as I am still breathing, as long as my players are still breathing, as long as WE are still breathing, we will continue to represent you to the best of our ability and give you what you guys deserve."

- Mike Petke - Head Coach, New York Red Bulls

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Banner looks great! Thanks for voicing your opinions to De Granpre for the fan base hopefully it stuck with him.

metro bomaye!

metro bomaye!

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Supports:METRO | Betis

Bravo. Brilliant work all around....

"As long as we're breathing" should become our club motto.

Red Bull Out

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

Bravo to the Club for putting it up in the rafters.  And I don't compliment or agree with a lost of the stuff this club has done/does, but that banner made me happy inside as a fan since I was 5 in 1996.

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

chunas

chunas

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 989 posts
  • Supports:RedBulls
Ok! So this is Metro Nation flag not a Metrostars one .
Ok I want La Doce flag up there too.

Peace!!!!
what just happen!

123NYwins

123NYwins

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Supports:Metropolitan SC, USA, & DC folding

Any photos?

#RedBullOut

"This is where I’m from. A team I represented for over 10 years. If I had been going somewhere it would have just been a job."

-Mike Petke

ig101

ig101

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Any photos?

Only took one on a shitty phone.

h9FMJ3c.jpg

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Any photos?

Here's mine. I took it when I was leaving the stadium. The security guard gave me a break and cleared the area for me to take the shot.

14y0tud.jpg

Giants3b

Giants3b

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:laying in the dirt
  • Supports:San Francisco Giants
This is just amazing. I still can't believe it's a thing.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

All the credit to "As Long As I'm Breathing" goes to ESCer Cesar Vaz.  He was the one who came up with the song in the 1st place, he asked me to provide some of the lyrics (10%), while he came up with the rest.  

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

All the credit to "As Long As I'm Breathing" goes to ESCer Cesar Vaz.  He was the one who came up with the song in the 1st place, he asked me to provide some of the lyrics (10%), while he came up with the rest.  

Thanks for that Eleazar. All this time I was wondering who came up with the song and the lyrics. 

fifty7

fifty7

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Supports:US soccer, Cosmos, Everton

http://gothamist.com...t_around_to.php

This was a very cool read.

Red or Green, at least we're TRUE not Blue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users