390 replies to this topic

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,428 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

He didnt grow up enough. He took almost no responsibility for the USMNT exit and showed zero class and respect for his old club with his antics in the playoffs. Some players wont even celebrate a goal against a former club, nevermind pull the bullshit he did trying to Sacha carded.

He got boo'd here for his USMNT performance, and took that as justification to go full Mike Magee on us.  Were it not for the USMNT shit, I have no doubt there would have been no drama or ill will like we had with him.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,189 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Why? He grew up with this team.

Doesn't matter to me that he played here before. I liked him when he was here but between the pathetic performance in T&T and the bullshit he pulled against us in the playoffs last year he's dead to me. Bradley and him are my most two hated players and I will never support these two ever again.

I've always been country before club but the T&T game and the Toronto playoff series absolutely changed my view on it for now. I just can't ever root for these two.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,324 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

They won a bunch of domestic titles, sure. But to me, they'll always be remembered as the pair who couldn't get it done. Plain and simple. I'm glad I don't have any US jerseys with their name on it. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, and Glenn Stampiglia

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

He got boo'd here for his USMNT performance, and took that as justification to go full Mike Magee on us.  Were it not for the USMNT shit, I have no doubt there would have been no drama or ill will like we had with him.

Agreed, but Jozy was a "star" player on what was probably the worst performaning USMNT ever (I'm including the all of qualifying, not just the T&T game) - he's got to be able to take the boos.  I'm down on Bradley too, but at least he was man enough to stand in front of the South Ward during an injury break and take all the abuse that was targeted at him.

Doesn't matter to me that he played here before. I liked him when he was here but between the pathetic performance in T&T and the bullshit he pulled against us in the playoffs last year he's dead to me. Bradley and him are my most two hated players and I will never support these two ever again.

I've always been country before club but the T&T game and the Toronto playoff series absolutely changed my view on it for now. I just can't ever root for these two.

Feel the same.

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,580 posts
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro
The last nail was put in the coffin was hiring Arena in the first place. There’s a reason he still hasn’t found a job. He was a coach that was still playing with players from 10 years ago. The USA team on Wednesday with Pulisic would have easily defeated a T&T. I think US Soccer jumped the gun too quickly and should have let Sarachan do what he’s been doing with the young guys. Right now it’s tough to tell who would be best for th job without knowing the MLS.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts

The last nail was put in the coffin was hiring Arena in the first place. There’s a reason he still hasn’t found a job. He was a coach that was still playing with players from 10 years ago. The USA team on Wednesday with Pulisic would have easily defeated a T&T. I think US Soccer jumped the gun too quickly and should have let Sarachan do what he’s been doing with the young guys. Right now it’s tough to tell who would be best for th job without knowing the MLS.

Arena was awful but I'm no fan of Sarachan either. 

Personally just want Vermes to take it over.  Think wherever that dude coaches, they'll be winners.  Not too different than Marsch, but I'd just rather Marsch stayed here.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,324 posts

Vermes is responsible for his semi-modest spending team getting 4 trophies in 2012. SKC is now 3rd all time with trophies won (7), behind DC and LA. 

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,301 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Vermes is responsible for his semi-modest spending team getting 4 trophies in 2012. SKC is now 3rd all time with trophies won (7), behind DC and LA. 

The scum won almost all of them back when the league was shit. NEVER FORGET!!!
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,324 posts

*since 2012.

After the early MLS 1.0 success, DC has won the Shield and the USOC twice since the RBNY re-brand. Chicago has won 1 trophy since our re-brand. 

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Not to let anybody on the field that night or Arena or Klinsmann or the leadership of US Soccer off the hook, but the other day I was thinking about the concept of the Bradley/Jozy generation as a failed one. I don't think that's right.

They definitely weren't as talented as some of the previous teams. But Dax McCarty couldn't buy a national team call-up when he was one of the best domestic midfielders in MLS. Neither could Kljestan, despite being the all-time most UCL capped American with Anderlecht. Fielhaber is another one where people were clamoring for him to get called up. Tim Ream goes to England, and is consistently left out. Same with Danny Williams. There are probably other examples.

Meanwhile, Klinsmann tried to make Bradley into a 10.

Also, Bradley should always and forever be booed by the South Ward for the comments he made about the fans after the Costa Rica game.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Not to let anybody on the field that night or Arena or Klinsmann or the leadership of US Soccer off the hook, but the other day I was thinking about the concept of the Bradley/Jozy generation as a failed one. I don't think that's right.

They definitely weren't as talented as some of the previous teams. But Dax McCarty couldn't buy a national team call-up when he was one of the best domestic midfielders in MLS. Neither could Kljestan, despite being the all-time most UCL capped American with Anderlecht. Fielhaber is another one where people were clamoring for him to get called up. Tim Ream goes to England, and is consistently left out. Same with Danny Williams. There are probably other examples.

Meanwhile, Klinsmann tried to make Bradley into a 10.

Also, Bradley should always and forever be booed by the South Ward for the comments he made about the fans after the Costa Rica game.

Bradley was in his correct position during this qualifying cycle.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,189 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

but the other day I was thinking about the concept of the Bradley/Jozy generation as a failed one. I don't think that's right.

They missed the world cup for the first time since 86, it's definitely a generation failure to me.

Yup, those comments turned me on Bradley that night and everything else that happened after it furthered my hatred of him.

I've never believed in karma anyway but them winning the MLS Cup was such a joke considering how they acted.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,067 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

the Bradley/Jozy generation ...
Dax McCarty couldn't buy a national team call-up when he was one of the best domestic midfielders in MLS. Neither could Kljestan, despite being the all-time most UCL capped American with Anderlecht. Fielhaber ... Tim Ream ... Danny Williams ...

We can only speculate about how the USMNT would have fared with MB & JA replaced by others. Still, no matter who stepped on the field, any team that could not finish third, in a hex with Honduras, Panama & Trinidad, must be considered an abject failure. Winning the Gold Cup should be a step on the path to the WC, not a high point.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,067 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
USMNT are playing Bolivia in Chester on Memorial Day, before flying to Dublin & Paris.
I have not even been motivated enough to check the line-up, much less drive to Chester.
They may also play Brazil at MetLife in September, then Mexico on 9/11.
https://www.starsand...tember-friendly

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,949 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Ton of young players are being brought in. Impressive the level of talent there is nowadays.

If the US fielded a first choice U20 team, we'd be a dark horse to win the championship.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users