Smurf shit

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT
I smell Pirlos and Lampards poopy diapers.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
There are a couple of key factors heading into this game:

1) Boy City are firing on all cylinders, but Saunders remains by far their weakest player and can singlehandedly lose games for them. He's let in some absolute howlers lately, like the Shipp goal today and Medranda goal last week.

If the team abandons its 'pass first' mentality and just fires shots on Saunders, chances are one will go in or he could let up a juicy rebound. But if Zizzo and Dax and Sacha continue to look for the pass or hoof crosses in, they aren't going to exploit Saunders' weak positioning.

2) Villa and Pirlo are longtime euro vets, and are masters of the European flop/fake injury. Expect them to be doing jelly rolls on the ground in this game screaming their heads off like their legs just got blown off by cannonballs. They're both soft bitches -- but through gamesmanship during the last derby they were able to get the Red Bulls to back off due to risks of getting a card.

If the ref falls for their sissy bullshit, the double yellow can become a real danger here. RB need to weather the storm.

3) I bet Lampard and BWP both feel like they have something to prove. BWP hasn't scored as of late. Lampard is scoring every game and he is going to want to stick it to the south ward if he does.

4) I think Harrison is going to shit the bed this game. He's been great for Boy City so far, but he is still just a kid and has not played in an atmosphere as hostile as RBA will be next weekend. Combine that with all the media chatter about how great he is that will get to his head and it's likely that he is going to be a dud this game. He's not ready for this kind of match yet.

5) Win or lose, the key is just to make the playoffs. The east is brutally bad this year so even the sixth seed has a good chance to go all the way.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

They got one against us last time but now its time to put them back in their place. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

We're going to lose pts at RBA. Team's gassed, and only look "okay" against teams in the lower half of the division. Lots of stuff going wrong, and they don't seem to have it worked out. 

We'll be lucky to get a pt.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Haig

Haig

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • Supports:Bora Bora Metro
We had better win this - could break the season. I know, we could squeak into the playoffs "where anything could happen" but we've been watching this league for two decades and inconsistent low seed teams with a short bench who shit the bed on the road are just a bucket of chum for better teams in the postseason.
╔╦╗┌─┐┌┬┐┬─┐┌─┐  ╔═╗┌─┐┬─┐┌─┐┬  ┬┌─┐┬─┐
║║║├┤  │ ├┬┘│ │  ╠╣ │ │├┬┘├┤ └┐┌┘├┤ ├┬┘
╩ ╩└─┘ ┴ ┴└─└─┘  ╚  └─┘┴└─└─┘ └┘ └─┘┴└─

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Stop Harrison and you contain the rest of the team. Lampard might be scoring goals but its not with skill its legit just being in the right place in the right time (Three goals, one off his thigh, one off his chest/arm, and todays goal was blocked off the defender, back into him and back into the goal)

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

I smell non-new yorkers (who would otherwise never ever go to the BX, because ew new yorkers) so hungry for "local authenticity" that they're now calling Man City NY the pigeons.

I guess the pigeons rolls off the tongue better than PR-for-human-rights-violating-oil-royals. :)+ Vamos NJ Soda Ad!

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

I smell non-new yorkers (who would otherwise never ever go to the BX, because ew new yorkers) so hungry for "local authenticity" that they're now calling Man City NY the pigeons.

I guess the pigeons rolls off the tongue better than PR-for-human-rights-violating-oil-royals. :)+ Vamos NJ Soda Ad!

💯 so true
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Robles
Lade-Perrinelle-Collin-Bilyeu
Dax-Felipe
Grella-Kljestan-Etienne
BWP

RB needs a switch. Muyl didn't play so well the past two games. Time to give Etienne a chance?
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Robles
Dax-Felipe
Grella-Kljestan-Etienne
BWP

RB needs a switch. Muyl didn't play so well the past two games. Time to give Etienne a chance?

Absolutely not. This is an important game and a guy who hasn't been able to get first team minutes should not be starting.

I think Marsch just needs to start Veron in that position every game until something happens. The team got rid of Sam to clear up space -- not sure why Muyl (who has done little) should be the starter there.

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

Sam did little at that position as well.  Muyl hadn't gotten many minutes at all and still almost has done as much as Sam did.

I'd go with Veron as well because the guy can make some offensive plays.  ANd he looks more comfortable starting than off the bench to me.  To be honest, I'd probably start Veron up top over BWP at this point. BWP doesn't offer much either outside of working hard.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

Robles
Dax-Felipe
Grella-Kljestan-Etienne
BWP

Sorry no.  I say stick with 4231 and 

Robles
Duvall-Perrinelle-Collin-Lade
Dax-Felipe
Grella-Kljestan-Veron
BWP

Let Veron roam.

Give Duvall another shot although he has been up and down. 

Off the bench Muyl, Davis SWP

(for some totally unknown reason I hold out an irrational hope that SWP will pull some magic even though he was flat out bad in the last minutes he played.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Sam did little at that position as well.  Muyl hadn't gotten many minutes at all and still almost has done as much as Sam did.

I'd go with Veron as well because the guy can make some offensive plays.  ANd he looks more comfortable starting than off the bench to me.  To be honest, I'd probably start Veron up top over BWP at this point. BWP doesn't offer much either outside of working hard.

Dude I know you hate BWP but come on -- Veron starting over him? If you are going to say something like that at least offer up a player that has scored goals. Otherwise you look stupid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users