Chukwubuike Junior Adamu to New York Red Bulls?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Bkyoungboss

Bkyoungboss

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
MLS Transfers
@MLSTransfers
Source: #RBNY reached out to Salzburg about loan for 19 y/o forward Chukwubuike Adamu. Involved with Salzburg in preseason but hasn't made 1st team bench. Some interest to go on loan from SV Ried in Austria. If there was ever a time for Struber to have pull, this is it.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Saw this.  Don't trust MLSTransfers in general, but the move could make sense.

I'll wait until I hear from anyone else before I seriously think about this happening.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
Mls transfer is not that bad he has some actual sources compared to transfer mls. This would be a great signing adamu is a top tier attacking prospect

rob5412

rob5412

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls ,Red Bulls2

Mls transfer is not that bad he has some actual sources compared to transfer mls. This would be a great signing adamu is a top tier attacking prospect

This person has not made the bench for Sallzburg , Aaronson comes in and starts , this does not seem to be a great prospect.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

This person has not made the bench for Sallzburg , Aaronson comes in and starts , this does not seem to be a great prospect.

Kind of hard when he has Koita, Daka, Berisha, Okafor ahead of him. Before that, Haaland and Hwang hee Chan

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Nice! I posted this guy in the Random name board a month or so ago - looks like the real deal!

rob5412

rob5412

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls ,Red Bulls2

Kind of hard when he has Koita, Daka, Berisha, Okafor ahead of him. Before that, Haaland and Hwang hee Chan

Good Point - He  has Barlow and White ahead of him  -Not that big of a challenge although Jorgensen did not make it.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Aren't they different positions?

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
Adamu scored 14 in 20 last season in the reserves, 6 in 12 so far this season. Austrian U21 international

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
Scored 6 in 7 in uefa youth league he can play at the next level just needs the chance

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Take in to account these are all Liefring not RBS highlights, but I'm excited if this is true:

Junior Adamu 2019/20 - YouTube

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
At least they are looking for a 9, although I dont know the likelihood of this move happening.

With Koita possibly facing a ban for doping, Salzburg might not be eager to let Adamu leave unless that decision goes in their favor.

Id rather they signed someone outright than helping Salzburg develop their players, but if this was a last resort option for a 9 upgrade I wouldnt hate it.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Judging by some of the highlights, he'll be def right at home in a building designed to hold 20k+ with it being mostly empty and plenty of corporate signage to be seen. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts

The important point is that even though he has youth caps for Austria, he has no senior caps, so this will allow us to add Nigeria to the all-time international roster...

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

The important point is that even though he has youth caps for Austria, he has no senior caps, so this will allow us to add Nigeria to the all-time international roster...

Wild that there has been no Nigerian yet. 

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users