27 replies to this topic

Harraby Lad

Harraby Lad

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,606 posts
  • Supports:several real football clubs

What do we have to complain about again?

The FACT they are named after an energy drink and have no connection to anything locally.
Master of Karate and Friendship for everyone.

adiamas

adiamas

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

The FACT they are named after an energy drink and have no connection to anything locally.

Horse.

Dead.

Beating.

You're a douche.

Harraby Lad

Harraby Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,606 posts

Horse.

Dead.

Beating.

You're a douche.

Anything but addressing the issue as usual.

DHatch

DHatch

Site Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,283 posts
  • Supports:Mighty Metros

Anything but addressing the issue as usual.

What don't you get? YOU are the only one with this issue but for some reason love to project it as if were some global pandemic. There are a handful of others who don't like it but got over it. The fact is, there's NOTHING to address, you are the only one who keeps writing this garbage as if it were a real issue. There might be a name for the condition you have....just not sure what this called yet.

The Metrologist

The Metrologist

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
  • Supports:Metro

The fact is, there's NOTHING to address

Well, there is the fact that as long as things are status quo, the Company will prioritize signing and showcasing aging, expensive, creaky semi-busts like the 5 Million Dollar Men over building the kinds of teams that win you MLS championships. And thus, you won't ever win any MLS championships.
That's kind of worth addressing.
No one makes TV commercials to get people to look at their billboards.

RBNY 4 LIFE

RBNY 4 LIFE

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Chelsea
Red Bulls is the name, and that's it...get over it. It was soooo much better when Metromedia was promoted...we won tons of championships back then right?! They were sooo in touch with the community in the middle of a swamp. Metrologist and Harraby, I'm not even sure why you bother to come around here. Obviously we don't share your opinion so why do you feel the need to keep repeating yourselves? It's old. You must have no life if this is how you spend your free time....sad. Normally I chuckle and ignore your posts but you guys are a broken record. If you can't see there has been significant change in this team over the course of this year then I don't know what to tell you. As far as saying RB won't ever win any MLS championships by signing those kind of '5 million dollar men'...we had no shot at all at winning this year right? Not even closeee. I can't wait 'til the Cosmos have a message board so you two can suck their dicks and leave these boards to actual fans.

The Metrologist

The Metrologist

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

Red Bulls is the name, and that's it...get over it. It was soooo much better when Metromedia was promoted...we won tons of championships back then right?!

Who said that? Not I.

They were sooo in touch with the community in the middle of a swamp.

Who said that? Not I.

You must have no life if this is how you spend your free time....sad.

This hardly takes up any of my free time. What am I doing here? I'm a fan of soccer who lives in the NY area and is willing to at least give MLS the time of day. Not many other places to keep tabs on and discuss local and national US pro soccer issues.

As far as saying RB won't ever win any MLS championships by signing those kind of '5 million dollar men'...we had no shot at all at winning this year right? Not even closeee.

I said, as I've been saying, as I will continue to say, that their chances were negligible.
I was right again.

I can't wait 'til the Cosmos have a message board so you two can suck their dicks and leave these boards to actual fans.

Where do you get the idea that I'm oh so excited about the Cosmos?

DHatch

DHatch

Site Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,283 posts
  • Supports:Mighty Metros

Well, there is the fact that as long as things are status quo, the Company will prioritize signing and showcasing aging, expensive, creaky semi-busts like the 5 Million Dollar Men over building the kinds of teams that win you MLS championships. And thus, you won't ever win any MLS championships.
That's kind of worth addressing.

Status quo? Coming in first place in the East, signing 2 players still in their prime from Barcelona and building the best soccer stadium in the US is status quo? Since you're apparently the talent scout extrordanaire who would you have signed with that money? Im sure based on your enormous experience and intelligence, they would want to come here to play for you too.

Calcio20

Calcio20

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars FC Juve USMNT

OK Im a working class guy who pays his taxes and Gives back to the local's I love my team this is true as all who know me. PM me and we can chat about other concerns dear to my heart besides your so called soda soccer team.
1.My Union hall has many blood drives a year. Contact me . Blood is Blood.
2. We are allways looking for people to donate time for habitate for humanity.
3.Also and this is bad on me for not bringing this up with the ESC we are always collecting needed items for our men and women overseas.

The Metrologist

The Metrologist

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

Status quo? Coming in first place in the East, signing 2 players still in their prime from Barcelona and bulding the best soccer stadium in the US is status quo? Since you're apparently the talent scout extrordanaire who would you have signed with that money? Im sure based on your enormous experience and intelligence, Im also sure they would want to come here to play for you too.

Status quo = RB being here and having their name on the organization. As long as that's the case, the emphasis will always be on flash and fireworks and hype of the kind we saw when Henry arrived, which is distinct from real on-field success. The brand comes first under RB, period. Big Expensive Stars wearing the brand do more for RB here and worldwide than would the next Javi Morales or David Ferreira - so Big Expensive Stars are who you're going to get. In a world in which the act of throwing lots of money around draws attention, the whole point of RB spending $10 million on two players was simply that - to turn heads and put the RB name on people's lips by spending $10 million on two players, regardless of whether they're right for the team's needs in the long-term (or even the short-term.) If you think either Henry or Marquez are really "in their prime" - much less that they will be motivated enough, healthy enough, and surrounded by sufficient talent to extend their Europe-grade primes in this league over the next few years of their contracts - then I fear you're not really paying attention.

Stadiums are nice if you've got an architecture fetish. But beyond that? Who cares. There's lots of shitty teams playing in remarkable buildings. I give you the Dallas Cowboys, the Baltimore Orioles, the Pittsburgh Pirates, and so on.

Who should have been signed? I'm not paid to answer that question, nor do I really give a damn.

GSS Face

GSS Face

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Interests:punk,Oi!,hardcore,ska,reggae. the stuff that most people hate because its not popular or on mtv.
  • Supports:USA,WHUFC,NYRB,US Ancona1905
the metrologist and i have had our disagreements but he is right. on a side note, if you read some of his posts from the past he wasen't too happy about the metrostars thing either. harraby on the other hand is just trying to get you guys all fired up. he'll post something and later on post something else that contradicts what he originally posted. its quite obvious that when you guys respond in an abrasive manner, hes getting his fix for the day. by all means continue to rip on the guy though. its funny to see him backtrack and claim that hes innocent and dosen't want people to fight him or burn his shop down.
Let's have a war!
Jack up the Dow Jones!
Let's have a war!
It can start in New Jersey!
Let's have a war!
Blame it on the middle-class!
Let's have a war!
We're like rats in a cage!

It already started in the city!
Suburbia will be just as easy...

Joe x Joe

Joe x Joe

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Who should have been signed? I'm not paid to answer that question, nor do I really give a damn.

But you give a damn enough to come here and bitch and moan on a consistent basis. Cool.

The Metrologist

The Metrologist

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

But you give a damn enough to come here and bitch and moan on a consistent basis. Cool.

Only it's not "bitching and moaning." It's putting across a perspective that's different from yours, and the majority of the people here, apparently. Sorry you can't process that. There's a reason for this forum which everyone pretty much gets. If such discussions offend you so, why did you come in here?

I've been on the mark a hell of a lot more often than not: still no honors to speak of here, and still almost no one outside the hardcore takes this undignified experiment seriously. Nothing wrong with pointing that out - in fact, I'd say I'm right to do so. God only knows how the "haters" would be strung from the tallest tree and battered if the tables were turned and this organization won anything. But then it's not about "hate," at least not for me. Just calling it the way I see it, from the p.o.v. of someone who follows the sport and the league, but doesn't see through red glasses. It's not anything personal. Can't say the same for the strange, sad people who launch ad hominem attacks as if they knew me or the others who don't see it their way.

Harraby Lad

Harraby Lad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,606 posts

its funny to see him backtrack and claim that hes innocent and dosen't want people to fight him or burn his shop down.

You make me sound like a reasonable human being. Carry on.

GSS Face

GSS Face

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Interests:punk,Oi!,hardcore,ska,reggae. the stuff that most people hate because its not popular or on mtv.
  • Supports:USA,WHUFC,NYRB,US Ancona1905

You make me sound like a reasonable human being.

hardly...you do enough on a regular basis to make yourself seem completely irrational.
Let's have a war!
Jack up the Dow Jones!
Let's have a war!
It can start in New Jersey!
Let's have a war!
Blame it on the middle-class!
Let's have a war!
We're like rats in a cage!

It already started in the city!
Suburbia will be just as easy...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users