• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,079 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Need the Apple App.

No Apple +

MLS package is separate. Price TBD

included if you have season tickets. 

Select matches / maybe feature of the week available to Apple app, Apple + and concurrent on other broadcasters TBD.

A lot of it still TBD.  The price point is going to be a big decision making data point.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Need the Apple App.
No Apple +
MLS package is separate. Price TBD
included if you have season tickets. 

Select matches / maybe feature of the week available to Apple app, Apple + and concurrent on other broadcasters TBD.

Thanks. I think it's crucial that MLS pack is a standalone. Price point is key, too. I would happily pay 5/month, would be okay with 10/mo and only begrudgingly pay more if I have to. Many others would be turned off by >10 a month, I would imagine.

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,079 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Thanks. I think it's crucial that MLS pack is a standalone. Price point is key, too. I would happily pay 5/month, would be okay with 10/mo and only begrudgingly pay more if I have to. Many others would be turned off by >10 a month, I would imagine.

Mark and Joe on Seeing Red speculated about $80-100 per season.  But that was just a guess.  Any higher and you may consider signing up for a cheap season ticket to get access, then reselling the rest of the tickets.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Mark and Joe on Seeing Red speculated about $80-100 per season.  But that was just a guess.  Any higher and you may consider signing up for a cheap season ticket to get access, then reselling the rest of the tickets.

I guess that's in the ballpark of being reasonable, probably even a bit much, especially if they start that high. Paramount+ is 60/year (ads) or 120 (no ads) and includes Champions/Europa League, Serie A, and a lot of USNT games, in addition to various movies/shows. Peacock is the same with Premier League/NBC content. ESPN+ is now 84/yr (La Liga, Bundesliga, assorted other stuff).

My guess is they'll start at 5/month and inch up over time if successful.

ig101

ig101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,035 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Steve Jobs would make it free  :)+

blank25

blank25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Supports:red bulls

The streaming service (Apple Or Amazon) are paying megabucks for rights to MLS games for 2023 season. Does this mean MSG, ABC, Fox, Fst1, Espn 1 & 2 espn + and spanish language won't broadcast any games in 2023? Does anyone confirm this fact? 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,130 posts

Mostly no as I understand

there will be occasion co broadcasting with the services mentioned I believe mostly national 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,070 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

No, MSG will not carry games next year. Part of the Apple TV deal was that no regional sports networks in any market will carry MLS, you can only watch through Apple TV. Some games may continued to be covered by other national networks like ESPN or ABC, that's still in the works.

For local coverage, Apple TV will give you the option to use the team's radio broadcast (Harmon/Jolley in English, Fusaro in Spanish) as audio for the game.

Bjorn The Bear

Bjorn The Bear

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • Supports:RBNY - Nets - USMNT

As long as steve and shep are still calling the games i don't care. If not, I won't be happy. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

As long as steve and shep are still calling the games i don't care. If not, I won't be happy. 

They wont be, Steve might be one the broadcasters under the Apple umbrella but not going to be doing every RBNY match I wouldnt think.

Not sure if Im going to miss either of them to be honest. MSG broadcast was so outdated and low budget, with neither Steve or Shep traveling for road matches and everything MLS presented as a side show to international soccer (World Cup, etc.) instead of a viable league. It isnt 1996 anymore.

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea

They wont be, Steve might be one the broadcasters under the Apple umbrella but not going to be doing every RBNY match I wouldnt think.

Not sure if Im going to miss either of them to be honest. MSG broadcast was so outdated and low budget, with neither Steve or Shep traveling for road matches and everything MLS presented as a side show to international soccer (World Cup, etc.) instead of a viable league. It isnt 1996 anymore.

Man I grew up with Shep. This hurts. Not gonna lie.

Bjorn The Bear

Bjorn The Bear

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • Supports:RBNY - Nets - USMNT

I'm going to miss them for nostalgia reasons

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,154 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I miss Tommy Smyth being the color commentator. But them's the breaks. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users