482 replies to this topic

123NYwins

123NYwins

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Supports:Metropolitan SC, USA, & DC folding

I don't know what we can do to accomplish this. RB obviously knows that it has offended many fans of the clubs which it has puchased and re-named. It must think that it can survive the loss of a percentage of the existing support, while retaining some and creating new fans. RB has done the same thing in other sports, although I'm not sure if Jaguar Racing had many fans, prior to its purchase by RB.

I really do believe that if a group:
-Displays brand-damaging banners visible on TV at multiple games a season
-Contacts Red Bull Austria over and over with reminders of their failures, whether it's attendance or whatever
-Issues press releases calling attention to unsatisfactory practices, like the USOC one last year

the likelihood of Red Bull selling in the near future would be increased from wherever it is now. It's worth it even if it goes from 3% to 5%.

That's just the beginning of what can be done. You can be sure that if people left leaflets inside/outside Red Bull Arena decrying Red Bull GmbH and their products and then contacted Red Bull Austria letting them know about it, someone high up would find out about it and their RBNY asset might start to eventually be viewed in a different light.

I'd rather have no reason for this and just cheer for the team but I look forward to ridding ourselves of this divisive force. Less whining, more action.

Disclaimer: Those content with RB are not lesser fans. I am not disparaging your fandom or our team. This is a real club and this is all part of the club identity being built. The current Red Bulls, the former Metro, and the future whatever are all part of the culture.

#RedBullOut

"This is where I’m from. A team I represented for over 10 years. If I had been going somewhere it would have just been a job."

-Mike Petke

John Flushing

John Flushing

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,701 posts
  • Interests:www.metrofanatic.com
  • Supports:My Own Self Interests.

Can I see some type rendition that recognizes the Red Bulls as well. Maybe a red bull logo across from the MF one =)

I do not want to see any recognition of that corporation at all.
"What shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

onionsack

onionsack

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

I do not want to see any recognition of that corporation at all.

Ditto. Isn't it bad enough this club has to bare the burden of the logos on the shirt as a sponser, the crest as its identifying badge and mark, and carry the name of the very corporation that owns the team?

Last thing needed is another free advertizing on this site for that bullshit.

RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users