18 replies to this topic

break516beatz

break516beatz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Man United

Red Bull is looking to buy an English club and take them into the Champions League. The article states that they're looking at a London club, but would also be interested in Everton or Liverpool. 

http://www.mirror.co...SlDprDA.twitter

F U NYCFC

Our home, our club. You will always be #2 in NY/NJ

If you want to hear my ramblings on football and hockey on Twitter, give me a follow: @jeffreykleiman

bukie2k

bukie2k

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts
  • Supports:ManU, Cosmos, Metros

The article states that they're looking at a London club, but would also be interested in Everton or Liverpool

Yeah, that will work.

Good luck flushing 100+ years of history Didi!

When you are born, you get a ticket to the freak show. If you are born in the United States, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Yeah, that will work.

Good luck flushing 100+ years of history Didi!

How about Milton Keynes Dons?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO
Imagine if it was Everton. Harraby would be so heartbroken.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

break516beatz

break516beatz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Man United

How about Milton Keynes Dons?

From what I gather reading the article, they are going to purchase a Premiership club. If I recall correctly, weren't they interested in buying Leeds a few years ago? I'm sure they could buy a club like them or Nottingham Forest but they run the risk of dumping a whole ton of money into a club and not get promoted. 

F U NYCFC

Our home, our club. You will always be #2 in NY/NJ

If you want to hear my ramblings on football and hockey on Twitter, give me a follow: @jeffreykleiman

Fellaini's Afro

Fellaini's Afro

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Everton, BU Bearcats
For London, Chelsea and Tottenham are out. They already have big spending owners.

Arsenal have people packing the place at ripoff prices and they have been restructuring their finances for the last couple years to clear debt, I believe. It's likey a long term project so they're out.

Charlton Athletic are terrible and Tony Fernandes has too big of an ego to sell QPR, so they're both out.

The only London options I think would be West Ham (which I believe are moving to that Olympics stadium), Fulham (their owner has spent a ton and hasn't won much, he's gotta be getting tired of this) and Crystal Palace. None of those are good teams though.

Liverpool have repeatedly said they will not sell so they're off the table. And I think Everton wouldn't sell either. RB would be insane to think fans would show up at Goodison Park wearing Red Bull Red/White for the Merseyside derby. Just wouldn't happen.

As NYRB fans we should also strongly oppose any English move, considering it will instantly turn NYRB into a farm team much like NYCFC will be to Man City.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

For London, Chelsea and Tottenham are out. They already have big spending owners.

Arsenal have people packing the place at ripoff prices and they have been restructuring their finances for the last couple years to clear debt, I believe. It's likey a long term project so they're out.

Charlton Athletic are terrible and Tony Fernandes has too big of an ego to sell QPR, so they're both out.

The only London options I think would be West Ham (which I believe are moving to that Olympics stadium), Fulham (their owner has spent a ton and hasn't won much, he's gotta be getting tired of this) and Crystal Palace. None of those are good teams though.

Liverpool have repeatedly said they will not sell so they're off the table. And I think Everton wouldn't sell either. RB would be insane to think fans would show up at Goodison Park wearing Red Bull Red/White for the Merseyside derby. Just wouldn't happen.

As NYRB fans we should also strongly oppose any English move, considering it will instantly turn NYRB into a farm team much like NYCFC will be to Man City.

Your Arsenal assessment is weird, they're one of the most financially viable pro sports teams in the world. And "rip off prices"? As with many clubs, you have to be in a supporters group to get tix. I've been to many games and found the ticket prices to be on par with other top European clubs... but are def most expensive in the UK: http://www.theguardi...charge-the-most

But I think this is just a crazy Mirror article. If Red Bull were interested in English football I see no reason why they wouldn't follow the same model at RB Liepzig. I would be shocked if they purchased some established club already in the Premiership. 

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

I am against this as it will bump RBNY down the priority list in terms of acquisitions.

Still, as our stadium and practice facilities are complete, it makes sense that they might now be looking elsewhere to expand. RB Leipzig are in a position to secure promotion to the 2. Bundesliga this year, well ahead of schedule. RBNY are in great shape. RB Salzburg are well atop the table in the Austrian Bundesliga. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

RB has a team in the USA, Brazil, Germany and of course, Austria. Why would anyone expect them to stop? If they learned anything they should know not to take over an established team, but rather, start a new team without prior history and work their way to the top. 

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

I am against this as it will bump RBNY down the priority list in terms of acquisitions.

You really think this is a concern? We're still an MLS team, playing in NYC with a low salary cap... I think there's enough talented players in the world to maintain competitive squads. My concern would be more about fueling Red Bull hatred by whitewashing the history of another club... 

bukie2k

bukie2k

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts
  • Supports:ManU, Cosmos, Metros

Or they could jettison the team outright and work a long term shirt and stadium sponsorship deal with either NYCFC (doubtful) or the Cosmos (wouldn't bet against it).

When you are born, you get a ticket to the freak show. If you are born in the United States, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

I don't like the idea at all. But i'd love to have some popcorn ready to see the fan reaction in England if it ever happened.

If they want a team in England, then start one and build it from the ground up. Work your way up the ladder.

RedBullsFC

RedBullsFC

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts
  • Supports:club: NYRB/////country: USA

Can't imagine they would buy an establish prem team and dump all that history in the can and slap that redbull logo on everything. There would be riots on the streets if that were to happen to any of the english clubs in the top flight. Now league 1 or 2 different story

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

On the other hand if RB has an EPL club its possible we could get a bunch of good young EPL prospects on loan, frequently, for little to no salary. 

Basically, what we were worried about NYCFC benefiting from. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

Metro4LIFE

Metro4LIFE

Electron Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,421 posts
  • Interests:Metro, Graffiti, Art, Hookers
  • Supports:Metro

On the other hand if RB has an EPL club its possible we could get a bunch of good young EPL prospects on loan, frequently, for little to no salary. 

Basically, what we were worried about NYCFC benefiting from. 

Yeah just look at what the Austrian team has sent over...

Soy Del Metrooooo, Del Metro soy yoooooooo!

FootballClubMaps.com :: High Quality Football Posters from around the globe. Get yours today!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users