Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
https://www.metro.us...uMFAvAk.twitter

Dyer saying Politz and Mines closing in on HGP deals.

Also, the return of former HGP Amando Moreno?!? I'd love to see him back.

Personally, I have heard that Erik Sa, Billy Stevens, and Steven Echavarria are all close as well.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

https://www.metro.us...uMFAvAk.twitter

Dyer saying Politz and Mines closing in on HGP deals.

Also, the return of former HGP Amando Moreno?!? I'd love to see him back.

Personally, I have heard that Erik Sa, Billy Stevens, and Steven Echavarria are all close as well.

Do tell on Moreno ?

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
He hasnt seen much PT with Xolos.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

and he's lucky that Henry's retired and no longer has his NYC apartment.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

I wouldn't mind going into the season with Moreno and Bonomo being the two main backups to BWP.  Hopeful that one of the kids could end up putting in a solid shift.

Politz seems to be a left back and he's 21 so could he factor in with 1st team minutes or is that too crazy?  With Taxi being a goner, there's certainly a spot open.  Lade obviously likely to start, but beyond him.

And I seen enough of Mines to know that I really like him.  Happy about that.  Kid has a ton of ability.  Put him on the 2's all year.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

I wouldn't mind going into the season with Moreno and Bonomo being the two main backups to BWP.  Hopeful that one of the kids could end up putting in a solid shift.

Politz seems to be a left back and he's 21 so could he factor in with 1st team minutes or is that too crazy?  With Taxi being a goner, there's certainly a spot open.  Lade obviously likely to start, but beyond him.

And I seen enough of Mines to know that I really like him.  Happy about that.  Kid has a ton of ability.  Put him on the 2's all year.

I am okay with Bonomo and Moreno as backups if we are still only trying to play with one forward in our base formation.  Both of them have different skillsets but have good upside.  

Politz is a no brainer signing.  ACC defender of the year and plays a position of need for us depth wise.  I thought he also played some CB which would be a plus, but young, cheap solid defenders is something we need.  

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Moreno has 11 appearances and a single goal in the four years since he's left. I'd welcome him back, but he's be a fringe/2 option at best.

I'm excited for Mines, though, if only because we'll have a Connecticut homegrown guy on the roster now. He won't be 18 until May. Playing as a full-time professional as a teenager is going to help him immensely.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

I am okay with Bonomo and Moreno as backups if we are still only trying to play with one forward in our base formation.  Both of them have different skillsets but have good upside.  

Politz is a no brainer signing.  ACC defender of the year and plays a position of need for us depth wise.  I thought he also played some CB which would be a plus, but young, cheap solid defenders is something we need.  

Yeah, definitely in regards to a 1 forward set up.  BWP's never really looked great in anything outside of 1 forward so that's why I lean that way.

As far as Politz, was just looking for some Taxi alternatives because it really sounded like he's gone.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

I've only seen Moreno play once when we beat Reading Utd in USOC play. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Would we still have Moreno's rights? It's not like we sold him, he declined his option and moved on.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Moreno... meh... can't play BWP position. We need a guy that is atleast taller then lade at that position. Maybe wing...

Didn't Hercules gomez call him lazy when they were in tijuana?. Not expecting much from him.

Moreno would be a rb2 signing I'd they sign him

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts

Would we still have Moreno's rights? It's not like we sold him, he declined his option and moved on.

No. And knowing MLS, since he was called into a single camp recently, they will classify him as a USMNT player and lock him in for anyone to take.

@CurseofCaricola

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

Moreno... meh... can't play BWP position. We need a guy that is atleast taller then lade at that position. Maybe wing...

Didn't Hercules gomez call him lazy when they were in tijuana?. Not expecting much from him.

Moreno would be a rb2 signing I'd they sign him

have him earn his way back by showing hustle with the reserves? 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts

have him earn his way back by showing hustle with the reserves? 

He was in the USMNT camp recently. Can't see him coming back for a USL contract. But absolutely the starter there on a loan basis to get back into the system.

@CurseofCaricola

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

makes sense. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users