• Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.
<3 Meara <3

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
Awesome show this week. "Yes, we all agree it gets hot in the summer months, Dave" (paraphrase)

Dave Martinez

Dave Martinez

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts
  • Supports:Soccer in New York

Awesome show this week. "Yes, we all agree it gets hot in the summer months, Dave" (paraphrase)

by FAR, my favorite line of the show.

Meara was fantastic. Good sense of humor.

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

<3 Meara <3

Ey youse guys

Dave Martinez

Dave Martinez

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts
SR! Episode 82 - Travis Clark of Top Drawer Soccer joins me as I fly solo on this one.

LOTS of Rafa talk, a breakdown of DCU and a new nickname for Markus Holgersson! Mark will be back next week ... until then ... I am manning the ship.

Enjoy!

http://www.seeingred...2-san-jose.html

Grimnitz

Grimnitz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hertha BSC, FC Harlem
Good show Dave, did you record this 20,000 leagues under the sea to keep Mia from stealing the show? Fish, did you bring a duffle bag to smuggle Luke back with you?
"What do I have to do to get you into my van?"~Konrad

“Sellouts are extremely important to us for what we're trying to start here.”-Chris Heck
http://www.facebook.com/VikingArmySC

Dave Martinez

Dave Martinez

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts

Good show Dave, did you record this 20,000 leagues under the sea to keep Mia from stealing the show? Fish, did you bring a duffle bag to smuggle Luke back with you?

Dude, no matter what I do, whenever I record the show alone, I sound like I am in a bathroom.

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Dude, no matter what I do, whenever I record the show alone, I sound like I am in a bathroom.

I thought I heard flushing on the background...

All kidding aside, I know some people like to ride Marquez hard, some of it deservedly, but it really pains me to see the man like this. I imagine that at this point in his career he is fighting his own demons. It happens in all sports where the great ones have to deal with the fact that they cannot do the same things as before, that not long ago they were at the proverbial top of the world.

And I dare to think of Marques as a great one because I have not seen through the years that many players in his position through the years with his technical ability and his way to play the game. And that is the maddening thing, there is always the hope that he can deliver a magical play, but those moments are becoming less and less frequent.

I know many US fans despise him, but I really wish one day we can have a player of his caliber. Who knows, maybe we will call him 'The Kaiser of Michigan'.

Cheers

Dave Martinez

Dave Martinez

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts

All kidding aside, I know some people like to ride Marquez hard, some of it deservedly, but it really pains me to see the man like this. I imagine that at this point in his career he is fighting his own demons. It happens in all sports where the great ones have to deal with the fact that they cannot do the same things as before, that not long ago they were at the proverbial top of the world.

And I dare to think of Marques as a great one because I have not seen that many players in his position through the years with his technical ability and his way to play the game. And that is the maddening thing, there is always the hope that he can deliver a magical play, but those moments are becoming less and less frequent.

I know many US fans despise him, but I really wish one day we can have a player of his caliber. Who knows, maybe we will call him 'The Kaiser of Michigan'.

Cheers

Only argument I would make here is he WAS playing great. This one instance really destroyed alot of goodwill he was establishing this year. We will see how he rebounds.

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Only argument I would make here is he WAS playing great. This one instance really destroyed alot of goodwill he was establishing this year. We will see how he rebounds.

I would say he was doing OK by his standards, nowhere near his then lower level before loosing his starting spot at Barcelona. I might add that he still seems to be struggling with the speed opposite players close down on him and the non-calls on plays he would have gotten in Spain.

Cheers

Mr Fish

Mr Fish

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull NY
It's a disaster in DC as New York's matador defense gets trampled in the rain. Dave and Mark are here to talk you off the ledge before chatting with forward Kenny Cooper. We end as always with your emails. Buck up, little camper! It's Seeing Red!

Grimnitz

Grimnitz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hertha BSC, FC Harlem

And I dare to think of Marques as a great one because I have not seen through the years that many players in his position through the years with his technical ability and his way to play the game. And that is the maddening thing, there is always the hope that he can deliver a magical play, but those moments are becoming less and less frequent.

Cheers

Fuck off, that goes to Bo Schembechler, hands down.
"What do I have to do to get you into my van?"~Konrad

“Sellouts are extremely important to us for what we're trying to start here.”-Chris Heck
http://www.facebook.com/VikingArmySC

Mr Fish

Mr Fish

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
We're back to break down the win over the Revs & wonder how NY will do without TH14. Gals expert Josh Guesman joins as well. Give a listen!

Mr Fish

Mr Fish

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
New York waltzes into and out of the Home Depot Center with a 1-0 shutout as the defense shuts down MLS' glamour club, and Dave and Mark are here to break down the superlative Red Bulls' effort. Dax McCarty stops by to share what's going right with the Red Bulls. Fantastic listener mail ends it.

boburuncle

boburuncle

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, USMNT, USWNT, Bayern Munchen

Gals expert Josh Guesman joins as well. Give a listen!

I listened intently to "Gals expert Josh Guesman" watched the game and am still single. At least NYRB won ! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users