What the flying FUCK?

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
I could have sworn that NYRB sent out a tweet confirming that he had the visa...did they take it down? Strange that they would jump the gun...

GotWings?

GotWings?

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Supports:Metro
It's my understanding that the NCIS approves a visa based on whether the job/applicant is relevant for that visa. When an applicant is approved, the next step is to attend an interview at a US Embassy where they assess whether the applicant is deemed worthy of entering the United States. The Embassy has the power to deny a visa that has been approved by Immigration.

Perhaps Rodgers had his visa approved but was denied at the Embassy?

This is pure speculation by me, but may explain why we thought he was approved but ultimately received further issues.

Jamez973

Jamez973

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gambling, Personal Finance, Relaxing
  • Supports:Strippers & Red Bulls
Here we go again.
R.I.P. - Metromedia aka Metro

Rufulk

Rufulk

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

It's my understanding that the NCIS approves a visa based on whether the job/applicant is relevant for that visa. When an applicant is approved, the next step is to attend an interview at a US Embassy where they assess whether the applicant is deemed worthy of entering the United States. The Embassy has the power to deny a visa that has been approved by Immigration.

Perhaps Rodgers had his visa approved but was denied at the Embassy?

This is pure speculation by me, but may explain why we thought he was approved but ultimately received further issues.

You're basically correct. USCIS (not NCIS) first must approve a case, and issue an approval notice. The applicant (Luke) must take the approval notice to the consulate and apply for a visa. You're also correct that at the interview, the consular officer examines criminal history, etc to determine whether the applicant is "admissible" to the US. As discussed earlier in the thread, in Luke's case, he would need to get a waiver of admissiblity, as he had previously been determined to be inadmissible. However, since he had already obtained this waiver for a previous visa issuance, it should have been rather routine.

Luke's statement "Got my visa" indicates (to me at least) that he his waiver was approved and that he received the actual visa in his passport. Maybe he just attended the interview and got verbal confirmation that the waiver was approved, and was waiting for the visa to arrive, but was subsequently notified that there was additional screening? Here are my guesses (again, guesses) as to what may be the issue:

1. His case was put into "administrative processing." This process is a DOS screening of applicants to determine whether they are a threat to the United States. It typically requires a time-intensive search by DOS in the United States to okay the visa approval, and wire back to the Consulate that its okay to approve. I have only seen this type of screening for applicants in Arab countries and (quixotically) India, so I find this to be unlikely. Approval typically takes about 3-4 months.

2. Border officers can also make determinations as to admissibility. It's possible he was stopped at the border by a jerk border officer.

Interested to see how this all plays out.

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
Probably doesn't help that if you youtube "Luke Rodgers", the 3rd item is a video from last November titled "Luke Rodgers of New York Red Bulls almost killed a woman...".

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

Probably doesn't help that if you youtube "Luke Rodgers", the 3rd item is a video from last November titled "Luke Rodgers of New York Red Bulls almost killed a woman...".

Someone please make a better one than this .... :unsure: http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

It's possible he was stopped at the border by a jerk border officer.

Probably a DC fan...

C.O.Jones

C.O.Jones

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Supports:CF Cadiz

Someone please make a better one than this .... :unsure: http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Maybe she can be James973's new avatar??????

vonlages

vonlages

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Supports:WerderBremen RedBulls
Why so Long since last update. What is the status on luke?
Does he also need a visa to go to Mexico?

He should have been with the team by now, no?
"They're more fun to agitate than Philly fans, and that's saying alot, because those fools are like human cartoons." - Faux Fur & Soccer Shirts

Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, football, hockey, basketball, baseball
  • Supports:Red Bulls
B Lewis said it was approved so I would go with that being truth here.

Grimnitz

Grimnitz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hertha BSC, FC Harlem

B Lewis said it was approved so I would go with that being truth here.

Before or after this:

@JackBell- Now hearing that Luke Rodgers visa still a problem. Oopa.

Because B-Lew retweeted that as well
"What do I have to do to get you into my van?"~Konrad

“Sellouts are extremely important to us for what we're trying to start here.”-Chris Heck
http://www.facebook.com/VikingArmySC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users