85 replies to this topic

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

USL just had a dozen Covid cases with LA 2. So traveling is clearly not working.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
If the resumption of the regular season is another bubble somewhere after Orlando, did the players agree to that?

If MLS is now planning to do something like that after seeing some of the snags MLB has hit...I'm not sure there is an appetite for that between players or fans.

Not having fans is a total fail for sports leagues and makes them all look small-time. They should at least be having conversations with states to permit people into the buildings or stadiums. There's no reason they couldn't spread parties out at an arena and get creative with the concourses.

The BLM protesters proved covid can't really spread much outdoors, so to keep acting like fans can't go to games out of fear of catching it is asinine.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
MLB players have shown they aren't responsible enough to behave.

There will be fans who won't be responsible enough to behave. Teams don't want the headache of being responsible for a huge outbreak like that soccer game in Italy was a big root of an outbreak.

The bigger factor is that opening these buildings up and staffing and having to pay for all the extra precautions also isn't worth it for them financially if they can only fill 25%-50% of these buildings as well.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
In a parallel universe, RB-FCDallas tonight ...

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
No stadium is better prepared to handle 25 - 50% capacity than us. Business as usual.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

No stadium is better prepared to handle 25 - 50% capacity than us. Business as usual.

Were pros at tarping off sections.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

We win the Shield when it comes to tarping off sections. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

covid can't really spread much outdoors, so to keep acting like fans can't go to games out of fear of catching it is asinine.

You still couldnt have fans sitting next to each other.

Bathrooms, concession lines, even the concourses would have to be regulated.

Outdoors is safer yes but you still need to avoid close contact.

In Red Bull arena?...sadly (happily?) this is probably workable.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

You still couldnt have fans sitting next to each other.

Bathrooms, concession lines, even the concourses would have to be regulated.

Outdoors is safer yes but you still need to avoid close contact.

In Red Bull arena?...sadly (happily?) this is probably workable.

You couldn't have different parties sitting right next to each other, but they could space them out like outdoor dining.

And then figure out a system to manage who can enter the concourses and when.

It's definitely possible to do, but everything now (in the minds of these governors) is somehow too great of a risk, so stadiums will still be empty even if there are barely any cases. It's silly.

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

The Somerset Patriots have been making it work, selling out every game this summer at 25% capacity. I don't see why it isn't possible at RBA.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

The Somerset Patriots have been making it work, selling out every game this summer at 25% capacity. I don't see why it isn't possible at RBA.

This isn't exactly what's happening. It's not 25%, they are only allowed to have 500 people because that's the limit (which isn't hard for them because they average way more than that normally) and it's a 12 game series that they are playing against a team they made up because their regular season was cancelled.

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
Who they play is irrelevant. Theyre selling out every ticket they have available and doing it two weeks in advanced. If they are allowed 500 people, for their stadium which Im just guessing is probably 3k? RBA should be allowed something similar. I know it wont happen, just spit balling here. Patriots have been able to do it safely and successfully so far

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Who they play is irrelevant. Theyre selling out every ticket they have available and doing it two weeks in advanced. If they are allowed 500 people, for their stadium which Im just guessing is probably 3k? RBA should be allowed something similar. I know it wont happen, just spit balling here. Patriots have been able to do it safely and successfully so far

They average 5,300 a game in a 6,100 seat ballpark.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Do you know why we often times opted not to host us open cup games? Or moved them to Montclair instead of hosting at RBA? Because it's a money loser to open the stadium for such shit attendance games like us open cup vs a u18 squad from Delaware.

So in light of this, plus a global health pandemic, you all want RBNY to open RBA to fans, and are citing 500 fans at games as a reason in favor of this?

Give me a break.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Do you know why we often times opted not to host us open cup games? Or moved them to Montclair instead of hosting at RBA? Because it's a money loser to open the stadium for such shit attendance games like us open cup vs a u18 squad from Delaware.

So in light of this, plus a global health pandemic, you all want RBNY to open RBA to fans, and are citing 500 fans at games as a reason in favor of this?

Give me a break.

Exactly. Somerset also came out and said they are operating these 12 games at a loss...

http://www.atlanticl...article_id=1442

A 12-game schedule, pitting the Somerset Patriots and the New Jersey Blasters, will be conducted at a financial loss to the organization over six consecutive weekends beginning July 17 at TD Bank Ballpark in Bridgewater.

"We are not doing this for the money," Kalafer said during a press conference held inside the Patriots locker room on Tuesday morning.

"We lose money on every pitch that is thrown during this series. This [is] our full community commitment to make certain everybody knows the Somerset Patriots are alive and well and willing to meet their commitment for affordable family entertainment to the fans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users