134 replies to this topic

#16 BenBurton

BenBurton

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,904 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:02 AM

Somebody had to do it. At least we now know who the captain is.

#17 tonyz

tonyz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Supports:Chicago

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:06 AM

Somebody had to do it. At least we now know who the captain is.

And who got WEBOS!

#18 jokerman326

jokerman326

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,112 posts
  • Supports:Fire

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:08 AM

So Blanco hits a guy in the armpit, Burch pushed him down, and while he is down, Simms knees him in the face (oh, nobody has mentioned that yet), then Blanco (allegedly) cuts Simms eye open (? I'd like to see that), and Burch is wondering wtf he got a red card for? he's lucky that he himself wasn't pushed down BY another Fire player and kneed in the face by Blanco.

#19 giaco

giaco

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Chicago Fire, Tottenham Hotspur F.C., Guiness, and a lot of other things.
  • Supports:Chicago Fire

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:23 AM

And who got WEBOS!

¿un par de juevos?

#20 BenBurton

BenBurton

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,904 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:47 AM

Some level headed DC fan described the headbutt as brushing eyebrows or something like that. Looks like everything has been blown out of proportion.

#21 jokerman326

jokerman326

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,112 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:54 AM

Some level headed DC fan described the headbutt as brushing eyebrows or something like that. Looks like everything has been blown out of proportion.

AM I wrong in that the home side FO staff have no business physically getting in other players' faces and getting them off the field? That that position lies squarely on the side of the refs and police/security?? DCU may not want to make too much out of it... "yeah, MLS FO, one of our interns went over there, got in his face, and told him if he knew what was good for him.....wait a minute... no, he never went over there... he never said a thing. Blanco's just a crazy guy who you have been giving special favors to because of his race!" (last part pretty much said by Burch.
).

#22 ciudadcentral

ciudadcentral

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:14 AM

Dear MLS:
Please ban Blanco. Especially for away games in Houston and LA.
Because you don't want one of the highest paid attractions on the field.
And when he's on the field, let any dickhead who who wants hack him.
your truly,
MLS Fans

#23 jokerman326

jokerman326

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,112 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:27 AM

The world according to Marc Burch:

I bumped shoulders with him and he threw an elbow at me and kicked me so I was just sick of him. He gets away with a lot of stuff because he's Blanco AND HE'S FROM MEXICO"

"I physically confronted him, he confronted me back, who the HELL does he think HE IS to retaliate against ME? Where I come from, the Mexicans know their place. They don't get any special treatment like being able to hit back. Who the hell is the league to let him get away with hitting back?" WTF is that about? What special treatment is he getting? Did any other previous player from Mexico get special treatment from the refs or league because of where they are from? What a freakin "I'm a victim of reverse racism" whiny lil BITCH.
Can I argue that King David gets to hack at Marsch, Marsch hacks back, Beckham gets up, runs into Marsch, gets in his face, and only Marsch gets a yellow card? Yes, I can. How the league changes rules left, right, and center for Beckham? Yes I can... ah, MLS obviously is giving special treatments to the brits.. I am such a victim....

"..so I went over and I pushed him. I mean, I didn't hit him or go after him, I just pushed him down"

Well, which was it? You went over to him, at him, to physically confront him.... or you didn't go after him. You "bumped shoulders" with him......... or you physically placed your hands on his body and shoved him to the ground so your teammate could knee him in the face?" Keep your god-damned story straight, mister. Furthermore, there are some Rochester players and fans who would take exception to your "I'm against hacking" attitude you suddenly developed. Like I said, he'll whine to the league and refs, but brag to the bitches in the press and at the clubs.

#24 fireloco98

fireloco98

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Interests:soccer, music, different beers

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:32 AM

What else is new. This always happens. Every single time.

#25 pylon

pylon

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:49 AM

more from Burch:

He's a great player but when he's out there he's doing stuff that you shouldn't be able to get away with."

He didn't, and neither did you. You both got sent off.

#26 UkrainianFireFan

UkrainianFireFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Interests:FIRE

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:11 AM

i dont condone this, but atleast SOMEONE has passion on the team.

lately it seems him, busch and i cant believe i am about to say this, barett are the only ones with passion. sometimes blanco is invisible and most of the time barett sucks ass, but they have passion

#27 jokerman326

jokerman326

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,112 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:31 AM

i dont condone this, but atleast SOMEONE has passion on the team.

lately it seems him, busch and i cant believe i am about to say this, barett are the only ones with passion. sometimes blanco is invisible and most of the time barett sucks ass, but they have passion

You have forgot Thorrington. I will say this concerning Blanco's captaincy: let Thorrington take the armband for Toronto. Think of it as a penalty.

God, who'd have thought 2 years ago we would be discussing JFT as a possible Captain, and one of the squad's best players??? The two can be Co-captains, and allow Thor to wear the armband, if only to talk to the officials.

#28 m311ton

m311ton

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:34 AM

This is clearly a team that is very frustrated. Last night we saw a build up of frustration explode on the field after blowing yet another lead. This whole team is burning up because of it, and unfortunately it all came out in a negative form. Hopefully Denis can sit this team down and channel their frustration to play lights out football.

#29 Es Brennt

Es Brennt

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,779 posts
  • Supports:FIRE

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:35 AM

This is great.
Posted Image
www.theredcardna.org

#30 giaco

giaco

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Chicago Fire, Tottenham Hotspur F.C., Guiness, and a lot of other things.

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:37 AM

That is fuckin' hilarious! I'm just glad they don't have one of him stepping on a cat! That'd make me cry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users