Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

More live soccer today, this time in the Costa Rican Primera League:

Herediano at Saprissa, 10 pm on ESPN3

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Is Fredo going to wreck me?
https://www.nj.com/n...upport-him.html

Those who parents died in nursing home after his Health Dept. compelled them to accept Covid cases disagree:
https://nypost.com/2...o-late-goodwin/

Fredo now blaming CDC:
https://nypost.com/2...ng-home-deaths/
I have not seen a link to a CDC mandate yet.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
I like Cuomo and I think hes handled this pretty well.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I like Cuomo and I think hes handled this pretty well.

At minimum his press conferences have been really well done, he's able to put his own ego aside and deliver the facts. He sticks to what his plan is, why he's doing it, and the information its all based on. He speaks with empathy and responds to "gotcha" questions with poise. The only one who has really been able to get under his skin even a little through all this is Trump, but squabbles between Trump and governors was inevitable.

The nursing home thing isn't a good look though, feels like any other time he's pointed back to federal guidance he's been able to be pretty specific about it. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

...The only one who has really been able to get under his skin even a little through all this is Trump,...

Seems like he spent more time calling out Mitch.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

watched the K-league on YouTube. ...
maybe a handful of other people in the stadium.

Did you take a close look at those other people?
https://www.bbc.com/...otball/52740867

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

I also like Cuomo and in the press conferences but the nursing home thing is massive.  Most of the deaths of this damn virus is in Nursing homes so protecting them is everything.  A vast, vast majority of people manage with this just fine.  

As far as I see, some states didn't have Covid patients being admitted to nursing homes so it's clearly a state by state decision.  If that's the case, then the governors that did the wrong deserve every bit of shit coming their way and the governors who did the right thing deserve to be recognized.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

I also like Cuomo and in the press conferences but the nursing home thing is massive.  Most of the deaths of this damn virus is in Nursing homes so protecting them is everything.  A vast, vast majority of people manage with this just fine.  

As far as I see, some states didn't have Covid patients being admitted to nursing homes so it's clearly a state by state decision.  If that's the case, then the governors that did the wrong deserve every bit of shit coming their way and the governors who did the right thing deserve to be recognized.

And Murphy gets lumped in with Cuomo on the nursing home debacle. 

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

A round-robin style tournament with the league’s 26 teams broken up into four groups, group stage matches counting toward the regular season, and a knockout round tournament at the end, is how the proposed MLS tournament in Orlando would be, according to The Athletic.

The tournament format will reportedly feature four different groups, split up by conferences. Each group will compete in five matches within itself with the top two teams from each group to be featured in an eight-team, knockout-style tournament. As the regular season will extend beyond this proposed Orlando tournament, the five group-stage matches would count towards each team’s 2020 MLS Regular season records.

Should the regular season continue after the proposed Orlando tournament, it will be abbreviated. Nashville SC will remain in the Eastern Conference for the remainder of the season. MLS would also expand the playoffs to nine seeds per conference, and there would be no inter-conference play.

https://sbisoccer.co...-mls-tournament

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
Have you heard Alejandro Bedoya (interview with Twellman on Fox)? He said sending the players to Orlando for 8 to 10 weeks with nowhere to go, nothing to do but practice and play, and without their families will essentially be a luxurious prison. Much like MLB, I think the players will not be rushing to support this unfortunately.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

https://sbisoccer.co...-mls-tournament

So looks like MLS is accelerating the inevitable move of Smashville joining the Eastern Conference. With Sacramento, St Louis, and Austin joining MLS and only Charlotte, as an East of the Mississippi team, Smashville was going to be an Eastern Conference Team at the end of the day. In these uncertain times, any footie is good. This season is a wash. Lets move on and just get back to some sort of normalcy.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal
And the reward for this tournament is, what, pride?

Still seems pointless.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Still seems pointless.

The same thing could be said about the Leagues Cup...

Oh, wait.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

And the reward for this tournament is, what ...?

A cup? Replacing the USOC?

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

Still seems pointless.

Restart the season. The idea is that the round-robin games are going to count toward the regular season. The knock-out round games, however, are pointless.

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users