Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

We can afford to have an elder statesman as the 3rd DP. Someone not as terrible as Collin was at the end, but someone who has been around the block, has proven themselves to be steady and reliable for most of their career and is looking for one last pay day.

This guy is our #4. Or he should be anyway. We still need that #3. A proven veteran.

Zubar, or maybe Olave re-visited. But at 175k-200k. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Tymatt

Tymatt

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls/MetroStars
I went to a match earlier this year as a neutral when Orlando were playing Nycfc(can guess I have a relative who supports them) anyway Tarek and Spector were both playing as the two CB’s. Tarek has a lot of qualities I like through seeing that game up close and a couple of others for Orlando on Espn+ this year. As some have already said I’m sure Cj brown had a lot to do with acquiring him. Tarek definitely played much better with Spector before he got hurt that very game and had to be paired with lamine sane for the 2nd half of the game and also for most of the season too. Tarek is quick, strong, athletic for a cb has a left foot can play left back too and reads the game well enough to at least be a 3rd choice cb. If you want my opinion when he was playing tarek had to basically cover the whole left part of the pitch (cb and lb)defensively considering Orlando’s left back el munir couldn’t defend for shit through all the games I watched Orlando play. So he’ll certainly cover a lot of ground. Should be a good option to slot in when we lose potentially both of our cbs during the gold cup plus should be good injury cover. Could also be 2nd cover to Lawrence if he gets hurt as well. Let’s not forget that Colin wasn’t even playing when we acquired him in 2016 from Orlando and became our best defender that year. Sure Redding was a miss but I think tarek when he has played has shown more than him. At 26 I would say he can still improve tarek and I think he could start in most mls defenses say except for us and skc. Let’s not forget Aaron long was a late bloomer(sure Portland and Seattle played him out of position). Anyway we only gave up a 4th round pick and got a cheap player who won’t count as an international. This was a good pickup and I hope to get more this offseason.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Tarek is quick, strong, athletic for a cb has a left foot can play left back too and reads the game well

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=wO17inLmI_E

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

How many caps does he have for Egypt? Two?

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=SkYYhu2DHhk

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=SkYYhu2DHhk

He got a lot of work in those 10 minutes. He acquitted himself well. Physical without being clumsy and fouling.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=wO17inLmI_E

That clip is a good reason why I often turn off the sound when watching games. The commentators just have diarrhea of the mouth, talking incessantly about stuff not connected to the match. LOL

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

commentators ... have diarrhea of the mouth

It was like they were speaking another language!

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Good trade.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Has the physical tools and over the past few games, has really come into his own

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

He's surprisingly clean with the ball too, takes good touches and can make a line breaking pass here and there.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Been a pleasant surprise so far. 

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

Good trade.

they owed us for the other one tho

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Considering how much we gave up, this might be one of the best trades in team history already. (van den Bergh for 7th rounder is obviously better, but is the most comparable.)

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

A 4th round pick is less than magic beans.  Fantastic trade.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

It's been a great trade, so far. He's been an unsung hero. 

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users