Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Potential tarp removal for this game? 

So have people finally come to grips with the fact that the tarps have nothing to do with renovations and are actually just to make attendance look less bad?  I don't remember if it was here or on twitter where people were throwing around "conspiracy theory" in regards to that logic.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,555 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

So have people finally come to grips with the fact that the tarps have nothing to do with renovations and are actually just to make attendance look less bad? 

Was there anyone that gullible?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

So have people finally come to grips with the fact that the tarps have nothing to do with renovations and are actually just to make attendance look less bad?  I don't remember if it was here or on twitter where people were throwing around "conspiracy theory" in regards to that logic.

Not sure who (in the FO or otherwise) thinks tarps make attendance look less bad! Just leave the freaking sections empty and don't sell tickets there. like they did for the first couple of games. Don't see what the problem is if 20 people sneak there and watch from 218 as opposed to 215. So pointless. Tarps look more bush league than empty seats.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,664 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I keep seeing some people swear by that too but I don't believe it. It makes no sense to not reveal a real plan of the renovations if that's what they really have planned. Until they do that I haven't believed it's anything more then a way to reduce capacity to make the games look better on tv. Which isn't working either.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,555 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
The few people on the far side in TV view should have crowded together into Section 126.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,298 posts

So have people finally come to grips with the fact that the tarps have nothing to do with renovations and are actually just to make attendance look less bad?.

I think there is a 1% chance they are planning something there like the Blue Point drinking deck they had last game. On a larger scale obviously. Only because of DeGranpres comments.

Again, 1% chance.

redredred

redredred

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Supports:metro
Tarps look terrible. Empty seats are less embarrassing. They should have dumped some Yanmar ads on the tarps and then people could imagine that that were making some money off the tarps.
Tarps is an admission that the team isnt even trying to fill the stadium. Empty section allows for wishful thinking that more people might show up some time. Must be kind of depressing for players too.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Seems like everyone agrees. The tarps do look bad. Worse than empty seats. It is basically conceding that we would even have a chance of selling out a game. They are absolutely not dosing any renovations. You can buy a ticket in those sections for the USWNT game.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,620 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

Conceding attendance defeat basically. Maybe it is why the team seems to be mailing it in. If the FO mailed it in with tarps and lack of moves, why feel motivated as a player when fans don't care and neither does the FO?

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,827 posts

don't mind the tarps.  Would rather concentrate people and energy focusing on the field.  

Tab RamosVerified account

Thank you @NewYorkRedBulls! Great win! - Cant believe more people dont fill this World Class stadium every week to watch a team that is always giving everything! I grew up just blocks from @RedBullArena and would have done anything to attend a game at such an amazing facility

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,298 posts

Conceding attendance defeat basically. Maybe it is why the team seems to be mailing it in. If the FO mailed it in with tarps and lack of moves, why feel motivated as a player when fans don't care and neither does the FO?

Anybody have that quote from De Grandpre? He basically conceded trying to get fans to come to the games. Which to me is a clear fireable offense.

Ohhhhh well you know we tried for years and the fans wont come so were just gonna stop trying.

Are you kidding me?!?!

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,062 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
I don't follow the logic of tarps=stop trying. Seems a non sequitur

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,664 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

don't mind the tarps.  Would rather concentrate people and energy focusing on the field.

One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. The people running the on field stuff are completely separate from the people who are supposed to be trying to fill the arena every game.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,620 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

I don't follow the logic of tarps=stop trying. Seems a non sequitur

We've heard quotes from players on this team complaining about lack of attendance. They take notice obviously. It shouldn't affect their performance but I mean it probably does. They wouldn't complain about it if they didn't. Good attendance doesn't mean a good team and bad attendance doesn't mean a bad team, but I don't doubt that bad attendance doesn't have some sort of affect on players. Other things definitely matter more, like proper facilities, investment into the team, etc.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

We've heard quotes from players on this team complaining about lack of attendance. They take notice obviously. It shouldn't affect their performance but I mean it probably does. They wouldn't complain about it if they didn't. Good attendance doesn't mean a good team and bad attendance doesn't mean a bad team, but I don't doubt that bad attendance doesn't have some sort of affect on players. Other things definitely matter more, like proper facilities, investment into the team, etc.

Tarps are a non-factor for attendance or atmosphere. The tarped off sections would have <100 people in them if tickets aren't available for sale for those sections.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users