34 replies to this topic

irishstevenj

irishstevenj

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Supports:Metro

No breaking story or press release yet, but it's on the team site: http://www.newyorkre...ls.com/schedule

Mar. 6 vs. Toronto, 1:30 p.m. (MSG)
Mar. 12 at Montreal, 4 p.m. (MSG2/MSG Plus) 

Mar. 19 vs. Houston, 7 p.m. (MSG2) 

Apr. 1 at New England, 7 p.m. (UniMas) 

Apr. 9 vs. Sporting KC, 7 p.m. (MSG2) 

Apr. 13 at San Jose, 10:30 p.m. (MSG) 

Apr. 16 at Colorado, 9 p.m. (MSG) 

Apr. 24 vs. Orlando City, 7:30 p.m. (FS1) 

Apr. 29 vs. FC Dallas, 7 p.m. (UniMas/Univision) 

May 6 at Orlando City, 7 p.m. (UniMas) 

May 13 at D.C., 7 p.m. (UniMas) 

May 18 vs. Chicago, 7:30 p.m. (MSG)

May 21 at NYC, 3 p.m. (FOX) 

May 28 vs. Toronto, 7 p.m. (MSG) 

June 19 vs. Seattle, 7:30 p.m. (FS1) 

June 22 at Real Salt Lake, 10 p.m. (MSG) 

June 25 at Columbus, 7:30 p.m. (MSG) 

July 3 at NYC, 12 p.m. (ESPN) 

July 10 vs. Portland, 6 p.m. (ESPN2) 

July 13 vs. Orlando City, 7:30 p.m. (MSG) 

July 17 at Philadelphia, 7 p.m. (FS1) 

July 24 vs. NYC, 1 p.m. (FOX) 

July 31 at Chicago, 7 p.m. (MSG) 

Aug. 7 at LA Galaxy, 9:30 p.m. (FS1) 

Aug. 13 vs. Montreal, 7 p.m. (MSG) 

Aug. 21 at D.C., 3 p.m. (ESPN) 

Aug. 28 vs. New England, 2:30 p.m. (ESPN) 

Sept. 3 at Vancouver, 7 p.m. (MSG) 

Sept. 11 vs. D.C., 1 p.m. (ESPN) 

Sept. 18 at Toronto, 7 p.m. (FS1) 

Sept. 24 vs. Montreal, 7 p.m. (MSG) 

Oct. 1 vs. Philadelphia, 7 p.m. (MSG) 

Oct. 16 vs. Columbus, 5 p.m. (MSG) 

Oct. 23 at Philadelphia, 4 p.m. (MSG) 

A couple of notes here: 

- The Apr. 13 and 16 games may change based on whether or not the local hockey teams are in the playoffs, after round one MSG doesn't have TV rights to any of those games. Oct. 16 and 23 depending on what the 2016-17 NHL schedule looks like, and maybe the Oct. 1 game due to preseason. 

- YouTube will livestream U.S. Open Cup games when they're scheduled, though when RBNY drew the Cosmos last year, MSG televised it, so depending on who we draw, it may happen again going forward. ESPN2 televised the Open Cup final in 2015. 

- CCL games remain Fox properties, which means those games will air on FS1, FS2 or Fox Soccer Plus. 

The Falcon

The Falcon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Thanks.

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

I am always amazed how on one hand MSG gives a lot of support to our team and by extension MLS, and on the other hand, its sister corporation Newsday, gives close to zero coverage for professional soccer although NYCFC and the Cosmos are close by. Newsday = old fashion soccer-hating print rag. Thank goodness for cable tv and the Internet.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Thank goodness for cable tv and the Internet.

I honestly can hardly wrap my head around how much the internet has changed the soccer landscape since the late 90s. Back in the day, sometimes we didn't even have regular season games on TV at all. Now I can watch pretty much any game I want from any team over the internet and it's relatively inexpensive. Crazy stuff, man.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

No breaking story or press release yet, but it's on the team site: http://www.newyorkre...ls.com/schedule

Apr. 1 at New England, 7 p.m. (UniMas) 

Apr. 29 vs. FC Dallas, 7 p.m. (UniMas/Univision) 

May 6 at Orlando City, 7 p.m. (UniMas) 

May 13 at D.C., 7 p.m. (UniMas) 

What are the chances they have that SAP/English language thing figured out this year?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

What are the chances they have that SAP/English language thing figured out this year?

My Spanish is pretty shaky, but given Sandoval's commentary, I never even try to switch to English.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

My Spanish is pretty shaky, but given Sandoval's commentary, I never even try to switch to English.

This.

irishstevenj

irishstevenj

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts

I respect the hell out of the guy for being a bilingual broadcaster, but yeah, it's not the best. 

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

The SAP finally worked at the end of last season for optimum cablevision subscribers. You have to chose the french option on the Secondary audio function to get English. And it has to be tuned to Univision Deportes Network. Unimas won't work.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

I question why I even bother buying MLS Live with how many away games are on national TV.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

The SAP finally worked at the end of last season for optimum cablevision subscribers. You have to chose the french option on the Secondary audio function to get English. And it has to be tuned to Univision Deportes Network. Unimas won't work.

Well, that's intuitive.  No idea how I missed that.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

I love hearing him wax poetic about the green rectangle.

I don't speak any Spanish at all, and I gave up on the English language UniMas commentators after about 2 weeks.  Caligiuri might have been even worse than Sandoval, as difficult as that seems.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
At least Caliguiri understands the sport. Sandoval sounds like he shotgun 3 red bulls, did a few lines and put on a headset and asked to talk about a subject in which he had no clue.

Don't even get me started on the names. Michael Dax, Perry Nelly, Sam Lloyd, Bradley Wright, etc...
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

nlk10010

nlk10010

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

If by "they" you mean services like FIOS then I'd venture to say they have it figured out pretty well, Most every station I've tried that broadcasts SAP works fine. OTOH, if by "they" you mean UniMas/UD then slim to none, and slim just left town. I mean, what's their incentive? MLS doesn't care and as a reward they (UniMas) will probably be carrying even more playoff games this season.

Of course you could always try streaming online a 5 second out-of-synch secondary channel. Now THAT'S an experience.

I wonder what would happen if things were reversed; i.e. the secondary channel was Spanish and failed to work on all providers because of the way the English-language station was encoding it.

"The company loves its money.

If they could, they'd go to strip clubs and throw naked women at money."

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
At least we get the UniMas games out of the way early

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users