11 replies to this topic

Red Card

Red Card

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, USMNT
Does this effect things at all, or is NYRB ownership just a company investment and it doesn't matter who owns the company? Do the owners have a personal interest in the team at all?

from msn:

Thai billionaire who founded Red Bull dies at 89
By msnbc.com staff and news services

BANGKOK -- The self-made Thai billionaire who created the renowned Red Bull energy drink three decades ago has died, state media in Thailand reported Saturday. He was 89.

Thai state television broadcaster MCOT said that Chaleo Yoovidhya died of natural causes on Saturday. It cited an executive at the Thai Beverage Industry Association.

The Bangkok Post reported that he died at Bangkok's Chulalongkorn Hospital.

Chaleo founded T.C. Pharmaceuticals. In the 1970s, it formulated an energy drink prototype called Krathing Daeng, or Red Bull in English. It was popular among Thai truck drivers and laborers.

Chaleo then co-founded a company in 1984 with an Austrian partner who helped turn Red Bull into a global brand.

Chaleo was the 205th richest man in the world with a net worth of $5 billion, according to Forbes magazine's 2012 ranking. The Bangkok Post said that he was the third richest man in Thailand.

Religious rites were expected to begin Sunday and continue through until March 24 at Wat Kreuwal Voraviharn, the newspaper said.

Joe x Joe

Joe x Joe

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Yes we will be sold and renamed to the Metrostars and we can all finally live happily ever after.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

Yes we will be sold and renamed to the Metrostars and we can all finally live happily ever after.

speaking about renaming what if they renamed it somethings worse or something like Cosmos of NYFC or NYSC?
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Telegraphed

Telegraphed

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

speaking about renaming what if they renamed it somethings worse or something like Cosmos of NYFC or NYSC?

That would be perfect! I already have my season ticket holders "blue card"

Posted Image

-DELETED-

-DELETED-

First Team

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull New York
He has a son who I think I read somewhere holds something like 1% of the company making he and his father the majority owners by just that 1%. That son likely inherits his father's holdings. Of course in a company this big and successful the eventually departure of one of the founders had to be anticipated with built in plans to deal with it. Doubt it'll have much of an effect on the company. The sense has been that the Thai co-owner was only too happy to step back and let Mateschitz make him a billionaire.

On the other hand in these matters one never knows...

LeftCoastMetro

LeftCoastMetro

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, Juve
Rest in Peace. All respect to a guy who made his fortune on keeping exhausted truck drivers on the road by pumping them with chemicals. Red Bull Pride! <_<

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA
If you are going into surgery, you won't mind if your surgeon slugged down a can of Red Bull before he started the operation.

If you are on trial, you won't mind if your lawyer slugged down a can of Red Bull before he started cross-examining the cop.

RB has its place in our society, and may co-owner Chaleo rest in peace.

Metro4LIFE

Metro4LIFE

Electron Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,421 posts
  • Interests:Metro, Graffiti, Art, Hookers
  • Supports:Metro

If you are going into surgery, you won't mind if your surgeon slugged down a can of Red Bull before he started the operation.

Oh I DO Mind on so many levels. If my surgeon need RB to stay up Id rather he reschedule the surgery and maybe change to another surgeon. Also I dont want someone with jittery hands from the caffeine to be slicing things on my body.

Soy Del Metrooooo, Del Metro soy yoooooooo!

FootballClubMaps.com :: High Quality Football Posters from around the globe. Get yours today!

NickyG

NickyG

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Supports:1996 NEW YORK

Rest in Peace. All respect to a guy who made his fortune on keeping exhausted truck drivers on the road by pumping them with chemicals. Red Bull Pride! <_<

http://en.wikipedia....i/Krating_Daeng
“You can change your wife, your politics, your religion, but never, never can you change your favorite football team.” – Eric Cantona

jamison

jamison

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York
http://en.wikipedia....i/Krating_Daeng

The working class image was boosted by sponsorship of Thai boxing matches, where the logo of two red bulls charging each other was often on display.

Ok, that got a giggle.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Heir dodging justice:
http://nypost.com/20...-killing-a-cop/

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Heir dodging justice:
http://nypost.com/20...-killing-a-cop/

Wanted! https://www.reuters....e-idUSKBN26Q1NW

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users