Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

if it wasn't for DEJr, we wouldn't have had the 3rd Shield. Best part is him breaking some motherfucker's ankles while doing it. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts
  • Supports:Metro

III) All loans run through the end of the MLS season (player reverts to his original club only after MLS Cup);

https://www.mlssocce...-league-history

BUT BUT BUT official rules and regulations leave a gray area:

"Except in an instance where the player is recalled as outlined above, he must remain with his new club for the entire MLS Season."

Are playoffs part of "entire MLS season"? Probably, right?

https://www.mlssocce...and-regulations

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

game tied at 0 in the 85th minute. do you want Alex Muyl fumbling over his own 2 feet in the corner because he has no left foot? or would you rather have DE7 there try to make something out of nothing 1v1?

I think Muyl sucks, and the obvious answer to your question is Muyl.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

I'm not even particularly defending the idea of keeping Etienne. If he stays I'm fine with it and if he leaves I won't sweat it. I'm just saying that, "this team that just proved it sucks at building a roster doesn't want him" is a really stupid way to try to prove he isn't good. DC sucked and they didn't want Kemar. Turns out there's a reason they sucked. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

III) All loans run through the end of the MLS season (player reverts to his original club only after MLS Cup);

https://www.mlssocce...-league-history

BUT BUT BUT official rules and regulations leave a gray area:

"Except in an instance where the player is recalled as outlined above, he must remain with his new club for the entire MLS Season."

Are playoffs part of "entire MLS season"? Probably, right?

https://www.mlssocce...and-regulations

"player reverts to his original club only after MLS Cup" doesn't seem very gray

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts

"player reverts to his original club only after MLS Cup" doesn't seem very gray

That's in a 6-year-old article about loans, not in the official rules.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

As if MLS' official rules are either official or rules. As. if. :P

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

game tied at 0 in the 85th minute. do you want Alex Muyl fumbling over his own 2 feet in the corner because he has no left foot? or would you rather have DE7 there try to make something out of nothing 1v1?

Trying to hold on to the tie, it's Muyl, 100%.   Going for the win?  DE7.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Hassan Ndam is also absent from the 2020 FCC roster.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Hassan Ndam is also absent from the 2020 FCC roster.

Dibs!

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

I'm not even particularly defending the idea of keeping Etienne. If he stays I'm fine with it and if he leaves I won't sweat it. I'm just saying that, "this team that just proved it sucks at building a roster doesn't want him" is a really stupid way to try to prove he isn't good. DC sucked and they didn't want Kemar. Turns out there's a reason they sucked. 

At some point though it is not unreasonable to think that if RB didn't want him and the worst team didn't want him, overall he didn't really produce much, perhaps he is not as good as some people here seem to assume?

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

At some point though it is not unreasonable to think that if RB didn't want him and the worst team didn't want him, overall he didn't really produce much, perhaps he is not as good as some people here seem to assume?

It's confusing... 

He does something flashy occasionally and could be considered OK depth.  Is that worth caring significantly whether he's on or off the team?  I don't think so.  I've moved on from the idea of him turning into a meaningful player.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Exactly, he simply isn't a good player. A few glimpses of great plays doesn't negate that.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
I think the biggest concern I have with Etienne is that he was given plenty of competition for a spot between him, Muyl, Ivan, Fernandez, Epps, Valot and Mines and could not break through to solidify a spot.

If that didn't motivate him, even with the amount of time he was given, I'm not sure he lands in MLS.

We said similar things about other HGPs (need more time, shows sparks, play well in USL) that never land in MLS (Kassel, Hot, Allen, Metzger, Moreno, etc...).
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

I think the biggest concern I have with Etienne is that he was given plenty of competition for a spot between him, Muyl, Ivan, Fernandez, Epps, Valot and Mines and could not break through to solidify a spot.

If that didn't motivate him, even with the amount of time he was given, I'm not sure he lands in MLS.

We said similar things about other HGPs (need more time, shows sparks, play well in USL) that never land in MLS (Kassel, Hot, Allen, Metzger, Moreno, etc...).

We do have a tendency to overrate around here.  Generally, when the club has parted with HGs, the move has turned out to be the right one.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users