77 replies to this topic

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

The issue is not only are they largely striking out on the young talents, its that they arent balancing the squad with experienced DPs.

They could make the entire roster u22 talents as long as they give me 3 DPs the likes of Buksa, Bou, and Gil.

Thats their best shot at winning in this league while still maintaining the global philosophy

I'd be happy with 1 impactful offensive DP at this stage, let alone 3.

P.s. salary charges for Royer, Diarra, Pendant, Jense, Jorgensen, Egbo = 2.6M

Salary charges for Gil = 2.8M, Lodeiro 2.7M, Ruidiaz 2.1M. Sigh.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

Gil = 28 years old, Lodeiro 32, Ruidiaz 31. Sigh + a grumble.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

I'd be happy with 1 impactful offensive DP at this stage, let alone 3.

P.s. salary charges for Royer, Diarra, Pendant, Jense, Jorgensen, Egbo = 2.6M
Salary charges for Gil = 2.8M, Lodeiro 2.7M, Ruidiaz 2.1M. Sigh.

Technically, for DPs your cap only gets hit up till a certain number. Ive lost track of what what number is, but it used to be somewhere in the 700-800k range. Maybe its a little higher now.

This fact shows to me Red Bull barely wants to spend money on salary and keep MLS on the books to pay for players.

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Technically, for DPs your cap only gets hit up till a certain number. Ive lost track of what what number is, but it used to be somewhere in the 700-800k range. Maybe its a little higher now.

This fact shows to me Red Bull barely wants to spend money on salary and keep MLS on the books to pay for players.

its about 600k is the max senior salary

reyes7

reyes7

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Supports:rbny

In 2021, a Designated Player who is at least 24 years old during the League Year will carry the Maximum Salary Budget Charge ($612,500) unless the player joins his club after the opening of the Secondary Transfer Window, in which case his budget charge will be $306,250.

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
Done https://twitter.com/...3400190976?s=21

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Done https://twitter.com/...3400190976?s=21

So thats it for this xfer window?   Are you shitting me?  Remember all the talk about getting all these guys on loan and keeping our powder dry so we can make adjustments after seeing what we have?     What more do we have to see?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
I think a striker may still come in by trading valot and after signing monzon they will have one more senior spot open

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

loan until 2022 with option to buy.  better than a 3 month loan have a lot of time to evaluate him.    if you are taking risky guys loan with option is way to go.  if they suck its nice to be able to return them versus Jorgy and pendant situations

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

I think a striker may still come in by trading valot and after signing monzon they will have one more senior spot open

Cangialosi mentioned last night that a striker was rumored to be on the way.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Cangialosi mentioned last night that a striker was rumored to be on the way.

tumblr_nt8pedAJxu1s6frvto1_500.gif

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
I still think a CAM is more necessary than a striker, we need someone to link play. Already invested in both Klimala and Fabio, a rotational option at striker doesnt really move the needle

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts

They couldn't get this done a month ago?

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

I still think a CAM is more necessary than a striker, we need someone to link play. Already invested in both Klimala and Fabio, a rotational option at striker doesnt really move the needle

i used to agree with that but i think they are equal needs.  Klimala had the glute thing on saturday but we basically are forced to play him Wednesday because we dont have another playable striker.  We need a 10 but have functioned with Amaya playing as a 10 earlier in the season (but he is out of form now) and Wiki creates chances but is raw.  Fabio and Klimala have no competition in squad which is bad for their development, plus as long as we are talking about signing a "real forward"  it would be nice to bench a forward when they are out of form versus waiting for them to get out of their funk.  Imagine if one of them is actually hurt and we have to watch Barlow play forward with Omir in second half.

ideally sign a false 9 type that can do both

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

i used to agree with that but i think they are equal needs.  Klimala had the glute thing on saturday but we basically are forced to play him Wednesday because we dont have another playable striker.  We need a 10 but have functioned with Amaya playing as a 10 earlier in the season (but he is out of form now) and Wiki creates chances but is raw.  Fabio and Klimala have no competition in squad which is bad for their development, plus as long as we are talking about signing a "real forward"  it would be nice to bench a forward when they are out of form versus waiting for them to get out of their funk.  Imagine if one of them is actually hurt and we have to watch Barlow play forward with Omir in second half.

Thats a fair point. Ideally wed sign someone who has the versatility to do both like Struber used Cauley Woodrow at Barnsley. He played both at the 10 and ST, despite being a natural ST. Would give RBNY the flexibility to play with all 3 in the XI, while also using the signing as someone to spell Klimala or Fabio

Edit: Your edit agrees with my point

Double edit: If its Omar Sowe or another RBII guy I might off myself

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users