• Please log in to reply
509 replies to this topic

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,722 posts

Haha, It was only a day or two that I wrote that this team was entertaining to watch only to travel down to Philly to see that travesty. 

Rivas just doesn't work hard. He planted himself in the middle and never drifted wide to change it up. 

DE7 just couldn't find any inner Messi, the ball wouldn't stay under control or he couldn't protect it well.

Lade just can't bring it offensively. When Murillo is back i am not sure we see much of him again. The attack died with him every time.

Adams had an off game, a lot of poor passes.

Rzat was off as well, have seen him play better.

Collin is toast. Why didn't we use Long in the middle?

Even Lawrence hesitated on taking people on. I couldn't quite get the funk they were all in.

Very little crossing of the ball, we showed no width and allowed them to clog the middle.

It was amazing to see how hard BWP worked when he cam on. They should lock Rivas in a room for a week and just loop a tape of his vs BWP's performance until he gets it or bring up someone else and give them a chance.

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts
  • Supports:Metro
1. Is Etienne a striker or an attacking midfielder? Im not sure anyone from the coaching staff to Etienne himself has figured this out.

2. What quality striker is going to ride the pine behind BWP in a super sub role?

3. If youre going to use the Open Cup as a way to blood USL guys then why didnt we see some USL strikers...not named Rivas. Sorry, but they need to dump this guy ASAP. Half season and no signs of life. Eject.

For me though this loss is on the teams overall defending. If you want to win big games on the road then you have to keep a clean sheet. Or at the very least keep it to one goal. The 3 man CB thing doesnt work...and Collin is done.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,848 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I think the 3 man CB thing could work if it was Long Parker and one of either Ndam or Fidel. Not Collin. 

Etienne can score, he can dribble. usually played LW and RW for RB2. i don't mind him as striker off the bench. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

I think the 3 man CB thing could work if it was Long Parker and one of either Ndam or Fidel. Not Collin. 

Id have to see it a few times but Id go for it. Especially with Escobar. If Long and Parker are your destroyers then Escobar is your distributor. Could be a nice combination considering Parkers distribution (dont get me wrong Im VERY happy hes here).

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,284 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Etienne can score, he can dribble. usually played LW and RW for RB2. i don't mind him as striker off the bench. 

Have we seen him play the wing yet this season? Seems like he could be good there, and like Veron, Marsch doesnt trust him there.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,848 posts

Have we seen him play the wing yet this season? Seems like he could be good there, and like Veron, Marsch doesnt trust him there.

Yeah, I think that's what it is. He trusts Etienne's thirst for goals, hence he gets PT up top. 

"Metro..."

Slomojones

Slomojones

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Supports:NYRB
Etienne looked good against nyc in the open cup (minus the goal of course). At this point i prefer him as a super sub.
This post is dedicated to all the slow defenders of the world. Godspeed! my brothers

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Yeah, I think that's what it is. He trusts Etienne's thirst for goals, hence he gets PT up top. 

"Thirst" is an excellent word choice. Unfortunately, we haven't really seen him actually drink from the well consistently.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,842 posts

Etienne is doing some good things but there has to be more finish...  He'll do something amazing but a lot of the time blow it at the last moment.  He's definitely improved from recent years so that's a positive though.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,848 posts

Etienne is doing some good things but there has to be more finish...  He'll do something amazing but a lot of the time blow it at the last moment.  He's definitely improved from recent years so that's a positive though.

This. 

"Metro..."

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,367 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Id have to see it a few times but Id go for it. Especially with Escobar. If Long and Parker are your destroyers then Escobar is your distributor. Could be a nice combination considering Parkers distribution (dont get me wrong Im VERY happy hes here).

We used that formation for pretty much the entire second half of last year's season, so we know it can work. Just can't do it with a guy like Collin who can't keep up with the run of play anymore.

Also unpopular opinion at the moment, but I'm not ready to give up on Rivas. We just had a few stories come out about how personal issues and travel back to Colombia have kept him out of shape, so I'm not ready to cut him yet because he looks out of shape now. He's gotta earn his minutes going forward but I don't think he's a total lost cause like Redding seems to be.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Lol, it's not because he's Jamaican. Stop trying that nonsense LOL.

Guy who got hardcore triggered by seeing Arab flags in the SW refuses to believe people of different nationalities are treated differently despite there being multiple articles written on this exact subject.

Shocker.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,915 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
DC got bounced tonight on penalties and Chicago went to Atlanta and won.

Round of 8 is set...
Orlando at Philadelphia
Louisville City (USL) at Chicago
Kansas City at Houston
Portland at LAFC

Slomojones

Slomojones

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Supports:NYRB
The only teams i could stomach this year would be louisville or chicago (for dax)
This post is dedicated to all the slow defenders of the world. Godspeed! my brothers

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,116 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Round of 8 is set...
Orlando at Philadelphia
Louisville City (USL) at Chicago
Kansas City at Houston
Portland at LAFC

CHI & KC still taking the USOC seriously,
although the Fire have not won since 2006.
PHI were finalists at home in 2014 & 2015.
Lost both times.
https://www.mlssocce...mpaign=06212018

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users