JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Home to Petke RSL on Saturday, June 1.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

Love the schedule format change to playing conference teams 2 times, non-conference once. As balanced as a schedule as your gonna get in this league.

Notes

1) We have a very easy schedule to start . Also with the 2nd week bye, this will be very helpful for a CCL run

2) Only 2 home weekday games is good. They are against boring opponents anyway.

3) Last home game vs DC Scum should have a great atmosphere. As should the Galaxy game.

4) Playing at DC on a Wednesday again is outrageous. I wanted to make that trip this year. MLS needs to schedule these rivalries with traveling fans in mind. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

Playing at DC on a Wednesday again is outrageous. I wanted to make that trip this year. MLS needs to schedule these rivalries with traveling fans in mind. 

While MLS hypes rivalries, it does not give a damn about travelling away fans.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

While MLS hypes rivalries, it does not give a damn about travelling away fans.

As cynical as it is, it makes sense; TV audience is more important to them in the long run than a couple of thousand traveling fans (that's league-wide). Easier to zoom in at fans in a stadium than move weekend TV schedules.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
I'm fully convinced the league is trying to ensure that our arch enemy is NYCFC rather than DC. This way they can try and pair off Philly with DC.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Good news for USL season ticket holders. There are 6 dates which both teams have home matches scheduled. The team is working to change some of the USL dates to avoid conflicts. There may still be a double-header for one of the matches.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I'm fully convinced the league is trying to ensure that our arch enemy is NYCFC rather than DC. This way they can try and pair off Philly with DC.

MLS's insistence on rivalries as a major marketing tool is so cringey. Since I started following the Red Bulls there have been no less than 6 teams that have either been labeled a rival by either MLS or broadcasters. Philly was called a rival before we even played a single game against them!

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

One does not have to be a conspiracy enthusiast to believe this.

The Falcon

The Falcon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

According to Ben Baer, calculating home and away opponent's points in 2018, we have the easiest schedule in the league this year.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

MLS's insistence on rivalries as a major marketing tool is so cringey. Since I started following the Red Bulls there have been no less than 6 teams that have either been labeled a rival by either MLS or broadcasters. Philly was called a rival before we even played a single game against them!

One does not have to be a conspiracy enthusiast to believe this.

I don't even think there's any effort to pretend otherwise.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

According to Ben Baer, calculating home and away opponent's points in 2018, we have the easiest schedule in the league this year.

Because we don't have to play ourselves. (As opposed to say Orlando, who doesn't have to play... Orlando.)

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

Saturday March 30th Away at chicago at 1pm Est is awesome.  SeatGeek stadium is only a few miles from Chicago MDW airport and they run game day buses from the Chicago MDW airport "Orange Line "L" train" stop. So basically a bus to and from the airport and I have points on southwest to easily cover the fare. The early start time will allow me to fly in, go to the match and fly home the same day.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

???

If everyone in the East plays every Eastern team twice and every Western team once, doesn't everyone have the same schedule?

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

???

If everyone in the East plays every Eastern team twice and every Western team once, doesn't everyone have the same schedule

East and West are different, and as MF pointed out, we don't have to play ourselves, and Orlando doesn't get to play themselves.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Saturday March 30th Away at chicago at 1pm Est is awesome.  SeatGeek stadium is only a few miles from Chicago MDW airport and they run game day buses from the Chicago MDW airport "Orange Line "L" train" stop. So basically a bus to and from the airport and I have points on southwest to easily cover the fare. The early start time will allow me to fly in, go to the match and fly home the same day.

Those buses can be really inconsistent. I waited an hour for one for the USWNT - Brazil match this summer and it never showed. I had checked the CTA website; they should have been running.

If you get there and the bus is not there, take an Uber and hop out when you can see a path to walk to the stadium. You might have to scoot down an embankment, but it's better than waiting 45 minutes in stadium traffic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users