26 replies to this topic

vflkirwan

vflkirwan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts
  • Supports:Metro/VfL Wolfsburg und die US Boys

If it touches NJ, it's automatically is gross.

Unless there is some way for NY to take advantage of it........then its ok.

matador

matador

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,594 posts
  • Supports:metro, USMNT

Being a native NY'er, that's blasphemy!  Everything in NY is better and NJ isn't taken seriously.  Actually, NJ is like the dirty kid in school who everyone said had the "cooties."  If it touches NJ, it's automatically is gross.

Yes, this is a trolling post.  But in reality, many NY'ers actually feel this way weather it's fair or not.

the good/awful thing is that with the ridiculous number of transplants there seems to be less jersey hate going on.  real new yorkers still rag on the B and T crew but if you moved to brooklyn from wisconsin 6 months ago youre less likely to talk shit about jersey.

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

I'm so happy i didn't spend my 20s doing that crap. I have so many friends now waking up in their 30s, wanting some stability and having nothing to show for after a decade of working their ass of to barely afford life in a hip neighborhood.

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Supports:Metros

I want to make sure I'm not misunderstood here, I love Jersey, I'm even inexplicably a Devils fan.  I just don't like Broboken. And in my experience the snob NY people are usually snob Manhattan transplants. I can't count the number of times I say 'I live in Queens' and the response is like I said 'I live in Somalia'. But that's fine, more Sorriso's for me. 

metros11

metros11

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,906 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

And in my experience the snob NY people are usually snob Manhattan transplants.

So I'm assuming there are at least 43,507 of these snobs you talk about.

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

Pebble

Pebble

insightful, deep and most creative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,467 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Rangers FC, #RedBullOut

Not trying to be n asshole but is there any reason why you use that colored font? Your posts are miserable to read cause of it.

Yes. 

Being a native NY'er, that's blasphemy!  Everything in NY is better and NJ isn't taken seriously.  Actually, NJ is like the dirty kid in school who everyone said had the "cooties."  If it touches NJ, it's automatically is gross.

Yes, this is a trolling post.  But in reality, many NY'ers actually feel this way weather it's fair or not.

I know you're not trolling but I've dealt with it quite a bit and there is no exception to New Yorkers in this "I'm from the city mentality". I also happen to think that a lot of those from outside the area that move in have grabbed hold of this and used it as well. Listen to Extra Time Radio and hear the one guy ask "Where in Brooklyn?" He just really likes saying he lives in Brooklyn.

the good/awful thing is that with the ridiculous number of transplants there seems to be less jersey hate going on.  real new yorkers still rag on the B and T crew but if you moved to brooklyn from wisconsin 6 months ago youre less likely to talk shit about jersey.

I disagree. I think you are just as likely, if not more so. I think there is some jest involved with those born and raised in New York. I think the transplants do it maliciously. 

I want to make sure I'm not misunderstood here, I love Jersey, I'm even inexplicably a Devils fan.  I just don't like Broboken. And in my experience the snob NY people are usually snob Manhattan transplants. I can't count the number of times I say 'I live in Queens' and the response is like I said 'I live in Somalia'. But that's fine, more Sorriso's for me. 

You're cool, man. No need to worry. I'm no real fan of Broboken, either. I just think don't think it's nearly as awful given how actually safe it is along with how many genuinely good restaurants and bars there are. 

#RedBullOut

Thursday, November 27, 2008 -

After another Hatch shank over the crossbar...
"And Hatch wonders why nobody is covering him." - Tony Meola

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Yes. ]

Ok just was wondering. I like reading your posts it's just makes it hard to with that color.

anamorican

anamorican

Agent of Nothing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Supports:Monster

Ok just was wondering. I like reading your posts it's just makes it hard to with that color.

He used to post in blue but that hue went through liquidation and he was forced to start posting in a new color.

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Supports:Metros

He used to post in blue but that hue went through liquidation and he was forced to start posting in a new color.

I always assumed it was because Rangers started to suck.  ;)

Pebble

Pebble

insightful, deep and most creative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,467 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Rangers FC, #RedBullOut

I always assumed it was because Rangers started to suck.  ;)

Blue on black doesn't work. I had to go orange... 

#RedBullOut

Thursday, November 27, 2008 -

After another Hatch shank over the crossbar...
"And Hatch wonders why nobody is covering him." - Tony Meola

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

One good thing i have to say about RBA. A LOT of stadiums have been built in the past decade under the pretense that they would be a catalyst to turn the location into a "Stadium District" that would entice new development and attract people. RBA is one of the only places i've seen this actually happening. Whatever happens with the new developments in front of the stadium, i really hope there's bars on the ground floor to pre-game. Just don't let it become applebees. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
An update:
https://www.nj.com/h...17-stories.html
Not sure that high-rises are the way to go.
I like the size of the buildings west of RBA.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users