25 replies to this topic

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Ya pretty cool that Ninja will be repping the Red Bulls. He has a huge following especially with younger generation. Over 5M twitter followers. 

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts
  • Supports:METRO

Who?

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,907 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics

Who?

Exactly. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,501 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Who?

I'm so lost. 

General Robles

General Robles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle
Ninja? Ginger ninja?

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,330 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Who?

Exactly. 

I'm so lost. 

Ninja? Ginger ninja?

Man we're really out to prove we're just a bunch of old farts today lol

Ninja is one of the biggest personalities in online gaming, if you have a teenage kid they'll know who he is. He's what we'd call "hip", "cool" and the "bees knees".

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,505 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Man we're really out to prove we're just a bunch of old farts today lol

Ninja is one of the biggest personalities in online gaming, if you have a teenage kid they'll know who he is. He's what we'd call "hip", "cool" and the "bees knees".

Exactly.  Everyone complaining about lack of marketing, looking for commercials and billboards, needs to understand how big this type of real marketing is.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts
Are we really trying to attract teenage kids to come watch a soccer game, kids that watch other people play video games instead of playing them themselves don't seem to be interested in anything offline. But yea I'm just an old fart who thinks ninjas are cool characters in old kung fu movies.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,505 posts

...I'm just an old fart.

ftfy

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts

ftfy

An old fart who likes to type my words out. Please enlighten me and write out your cool ftfy comment for those of us not living online.

#FUCKredbull

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,530 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

kids that watch other people play video games instead of playing them themselves don't seem to be interested in anything offline

ok boomer

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,330 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Are we really trying to attract teenage kids to come watch a soccer game, kids that watch other people play video games instead of playing them themselves don't seem to be interested in anything offline. But yea I'm just an old fart who thinks ninjas are cool characters in old kung fu movies.

Yeah, why not?

It's wild how "normal" soccer is to that generation. I'm 32 and feel like I'm right at the cusp of where soccer went from being a niche sport to just a sport. I have cousins a few years younger than me that talk about EPL and MLS as casually as we're used to hearing about MLB and NFL. I'd much rather try to convince a 22 year old to get off his computer than try to convince a gen x'er to embrace a sport that they've spent their whole lives culturally dismissing.

And the funny thing is, I'm convinced video games had a lot to do with that cultural shift. Madden dominated sports games for years until EA started to invest more in FIFA. By the mid 2010's FIFA had improved so much that it surpassed Madden as their best selling sports franchise. Tens of million of copies of that game are sold each year in North America. That's millions of kids who are now learning the rules, the different leagues, the biggest players, just because its what their friends do for fun.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts

Yeah, why not?

It's wild how "normal" soccer is to that generation. I'm 32 and feel like I'm right at the cusp of where soccer went from being a niche sport to just a sport. I have cousins a few years younger than me that talk about EPL and MLS as casually as we're used to hearing about MLB and NFL. I'd much rather try to convince a 22 year old to get off his computer than try to convince a gen x'er to embrace a sport that they've spent their whole lives culturally dismissing.

And the funny thing is, I'm convinced video games had a lot to do with that cultural shift. Madden dominated sports games for years until EA started to invest more in FIFA. By the mid 2010's FIFA had improved so much that it surpassed Madden as their best selling sports franchise. Tens of million of copies of that game are sold each year in North America. That's millions of kids who are now learning the rules, the different leagues, the biggest players, just because its what their friends do for fun.

Appreciate your comment and it makes sense, unlike the other fools who prefer one or two word comments most of which aren't even words. The problem I still have is that yes the kids know about soccer, but like their parents who only watch "proper football" like EPL the kids love to play fifa, but will they come out to RBA instead of playing their video games? I don't know but hope I'm wrong because we keep losing long time fans and new fans are not invested in the team enough to watch buckmasters kick the ball around when they could watch ninja.

#FUCKredbull

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Appreciate your comment and it makes sense, unlike the other fools who prefer one or two word comments most of which aren't even words. The problem I still have is that yes the kids know about soccer, but like their parents who only watch "proper football" like EPL the kids love to play fifa, but will they come out to RBA instead of playing their video games? I don't know but hope I'm wrong because we keep losing long time fans and new fans are not invested in the team enough to watch buckmasters kick the ball around when they could watch ninja.

I don't know. Maybe MLS should just not try at all just in case. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,505 posts

An old fart who likes to type my words out. Please enlighten me and write out your cool ftfy comment for those of us not living online.

It means "Fixed That For You."   Pretty sure my adult children and big gray beard puts me in the old fart category as well.

"kids that watch other people play video games" is no different than people who watch other people play soccer.

FIFA has been nothing short of magic in terms of getting "kids" interested and knowledgeable about soccer.   My son's friends who never played the game all picked up an interest and have started going to games largely because of it.    

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users