82 replies to this topic

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Tom Bogert on Twitter: "As far as my understanding of the CBA (fun reading!!) & talking to sources for clarity on free agency: There's still a cap on what other MLS teams can offer a player in free agency. In real terms: Alexander Callens and Aaron Long can only get DP offers from their current teams." / Twitter

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts

Tom Bogert on Twitter: "As far as my understanding of the CBA (fun reading!!) & talking to sources for clarity on free agency: There's still a cap on what other MLS teams can offer a player in free agency. In real terms: Alexander Callens and Aaron Long can only get DP offers from their current teams." / Twitter

Great, so we can sign Long to a DP deal, then trade him to LA for 50 Garber Bucks.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Slomojones

Slomojones

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

The devil you know....  look at who we brought in to replace him.  Would you rather have Fabio or another Fletcher?

I'll take whatever is behind door #3
This post is dedicated to all the slow defenders of the world. Godspeed! my brothers

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Have to figure the following:

Klimala is bought out
Zach Ryan is waived
Elias Manoel is not extended
Tom Barlow, as much as I would LOVE to see him depart may still be around.

Serge Ngoma should be healed and ready to go
Roald Mitchell is rumored to be added as an HGP and is doing quite well at Wake Forest.

Add a few reliable veteran players, at least one being a DP and let Ngoma and Mitchell get some minutes. If Cam Harper and Omir Fernandez are still around, let them get some time in their natural forward positions with NYRBII as much as possible as they are supplemental pieces right now as winger/wingbacks.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts

Add a few reliable veteran players

You lost me there.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Have to figure the following:

Klimala is bought out
Zach Ryan is waived
Elias Manoel is not extended
Tom Barlow, as much as I would LOVE to see him depart may still be around.

Serge Ngoma should be healed and ready to go
Roald Mitchell is rumored to be added as an HGP and is doing quite well at Wake Forest.

Add a few reliable veteran players, at least one being a DP and let Ngoma and Mitchell get some minutes. If Cam Harper and Omir Fernandez are still around, let them get some time in their natural forward positions with NYRBII as much as possible as they are supplemental pieces right now as winger/wingbacks.

omir is a natural winger hes a solid depth piece I think Ryan may stay around another year he doesnt cost much

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Besides long, is anyone else on an expiring contract?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Ryan's salary doesn't count against the cap, since he is on the Supplemental roster. Neither does Ngoma's. I think Omir is still on the Supplemental roster as well, but could be in the final yr of it, currently. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users