• Please log in to reply
284 replies to this topic

#241 mandarindeli

mandarindeli

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:film, my artwork, writing, listening to music, wasting time on the internet, soccer
  • Supports:Galaxy, Chelsea, USMNT, England

Posted 14 August 2007 - 01:45 PM

Wow. I just came back from a week in Switzerland to find this.

If this little business venture were actually kosher, we all would have heard about it in May. I spend way too much time browsing these boards, and I never heard a damn thing about it...unless you count the whining from diesolo about wanting some kind of backpat/nut rub from the First XI over the BAF. This goes way, way beyond the "If you want to do something, do it and others will join in" rule.

I tend to have a hippy-dippy, live-and-let-live, "let's assume the best about people" philosophy, but this has seriously tested it.

Also, I'm more than happy to kick in for a LARS legal fund if that becomes necessary, or even just throw a little extra in the coffee can at the next get-together.

#242 diesolo

diesolo

Reserve Team

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:Galaxy!!!!
  • Supports:GALAXY

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:25 PM

Just to clarify I did mean TommyGun

Maybe that's what he meant when he included Tommy Gunn... who isn't on the boards.

#243 DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,068 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, US, Newcastle, England

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:32 PM

The last time I looked at Nines' website, the "Store" link went to SeaMonster's website for those T-shirts with a small gas mask logo on the back, and the option to print whatever you wanted on the front. I haven't seen anything on those in a while.

This is the link I was referring to:

http://www.redcardclothing.com/

It was announced on this thread:

http://www.soccerpub...p...c=19762&hl=

What's really odd is that Diesolo started that thread. So they had a perfect example that if you wanted to start selling Riot Squad gear, then this how you should go about it.

#244 9ronaldo9

9ronaldo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts
  • Supports:Garaxy

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:41 PM

Taken from [url="http://www.soccerpubs.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=19762&hl="]http://www.soccerpub...p...c=19762&hl=[/url]

[/quote]

Diesolo April 3 2007 12:48am

Is anyone gonna start making shirt?? It would be really sweet if we all walked in chantting and wearing a Riot Squad shirt. A friend of mine does screen printing...let me know, he can start the shirts by friday and have them ready for the first game. I need the approval of the person that made the design. Let me know...

[quote/]

So let me get this straight... In April you needed the designers permission, but in May you said fuck it? What a difference a month makes.
I wish my grass was emo...then it would cut itself.

#245 Gooner

Gooner

First Team

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy / The Gooners

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:46 PM

I was given one before the Chelski match as well - Wish I had known the bigger picture that day myself.

I thought they were just making T-Shirts for their friends. I didn't even know they were trying to sell them, let alone trying to register the Riot Squad as a Trademark - that is seriously fucked up.

The last time I looked at Nines' website, the "Store" link went to SeaMonster's website for those T-shirts with a small gas mask logo on the back, and the option to print whatever you wanted on the front. I haven't seen anything on those in a while.

Just to keep the flow of information clear. I want to make it perfectly clear that EVERYTHING done by Seamonster and his company Red Card Clothing was and is legitimate, upfront and with the permission, cooperation and thanks of S18H, Gunner and Tommy Mack.

#246 Gooner

Gooner

First Team

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:14 PM

I do want to apologize to some specific people, I feel like I let them down (or even more than that) but like I said I would've reacted the same way you guys and gals did:

Spider
Twigg
She-Twigg
Hoondog
El Dude
ESCO
Chopsticks
Steve
Whos that guy
LA Brigade
TommyGUN
SH18 (even though we started in a bad way and we ended in a bad way) he had the balls to always explain why I was wrong or right.

diesolo

Just so I get this right - you don't feel like you owe Tommy Mack an apology. You don't feel like you owe Gunner an apology. And even though SH18 had the balls to point out wrong from right - you didn't feel like you had to listen when it came to something as basic as starting a business based on these guys intellectual property without their knowledge...

#247 kittens

kittens

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:14 PM

We found artist one from India and one in the US...

Not two US artists? On top of everything else...outsourcing. As if theivery wasn't bad enough, it's also painfully obvious that they hate America. :angry:
I miss everything I'll never be.

'Hope has two beautiful daughters, their names are Anger & Courage; anger at the way things are, and courage to see that they do not remain the way they are.' -St. Augustine

#248 Gooner

Gooner

First Team

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:15 PM

This is the link I was referring to:

http://www.redcardclothing.com/

It was announced on this thread:

http://www.soccerpub...p...c=19762&hl=

What's really odd is that Diesolo started that thread. So they had a perfect example that if you wanted to start selling Riot Squad gear, then this how you should go about it.

Again DD - great points. It's called an informal (I assume) licensing agreement and it works when you can trust the people that are involved. Seamonster is family. He is LARS. He has made shirts for LARS and done it in a way that as far as I know NO ONE has any issues with.

#249 LuvKeane

LuvKeane

Player/Manager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,303 posts
  • Interests:ROY KEANE AND FOOTBALL!!! Musical theatre (Non-Sondheim!)
  • Supports:Broadway & Prawn Sandwich Brigade

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:28 PM

Not two US artists? On top of everything else...outsourcing. As if theivery wasn't bad enough, it's also painfully obvious that they hate America. :angry:

Well, he might have labeled the call centre rep as an artist and that's why they are from India.
WEST END = PRE-BROADWAY TRY-OUTS

#250 GirlInTheDirtyShirt

GirlInTheDirtyShirt

Player/Manager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,224 posts
  • Supports:PGP & FHF

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:35 PM

I've been very hesitant to bash Nines because I thought he was a cool dude. He was very giving to LARS, bringing Twigg a nice bottle of Whiskey (?) and She-Twigg flowers at the season opening game. He also seemed very pro-LARS and offered to do anything he could to help. That's what it seemed like to me. So this sucks beyond just he turning out to prove himself an asshole. I have no problem bashing diesolo, never have.

This is all proof positive that politicians are not to be trusted. If all the stories are true, these two are nothing but scum, as others have said.

Don't forget the W&M hats and patches Nines had made. Twigg, wasn't that your design?

Hours and hours have been spent by TM, Gunner, and Skinner (elitist) working on these designs. An annoying amount of time. Only the basest individuals would take credit for someone else's work knowing full well that hundreds of people know who really created the work. It's not hard to believe Diego would do this but I was hesitant to think Nines would. Oh well.

Pass a can around for legal costs, I'll donate.
Fuck you. Seriously.

#251 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:43 PM

Each one of their explanations is just throwing gasoline into the fire. If you guys dont get the clue, just shut up, dont talk. You are embarassing yourselves.

Like that cabbie in Toronto, eh Oz?

I don't think it would take this long to delete some folders and files off a server.

Fuck these guys.

I think maybe the password got lost.

It's probably 'ismellarat' or 'ittakesathief'

#252 Forza

Forza

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, 1860, AS Roma, Newcastle

Posted 14 August 2007 - 04:44 PM

As a fellow artist, I feel for S18H. This is BS, when I read that our motto’s were included my jaw dropped. Ya I have used the Gas mask and some of the other artwork to make myself and James (El Dude) t-shirts for the past Chivas away game “Horns Cause Cancer” only with the intent to be funny and support the G’s in a win. Some people asked to buy some of these. I couldn’t even image doing that. I made those 2 just for shits and giggles, but to market and sell in mass amount from someone else’s idea and concept. *shaking head* damn! Hell I still want to get the gas mask as a tattoo on my arm, but I would feel guilty to do that, unless I got an okay from Skinner and Eddie. *hint hint* Well I just have to add my discontent for this actions. Diego and Jay I thought were working for the same goal of supporting the G’s and not their own pockets…I wont add fuel to this fire. Just I can say I feel for the real artist and concept designers involved. I have had some of my own art stolen in the past. It blows more then a Chivas player working in a bordello.

It’s a sad day in LARS to see this happen.
:unsure:

#253 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts
  • Supports:USMNT

Posted 14 August 2007 - 04:54 PM

Like that cabbie in Toronto, eh Oz?

yup the more he said the more i kept shaking my head in disbelief :)+
Twitter

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders, Galaxy, LA Kings, ASU, Notre Dame(football)

#254 The Sign Guy

The Sign Guy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy Arsenal

Posted 14 August 2007 - 05:06 PM

yup the more he said the more i kept shaking my head in disbelief :)+

The racist cabbie? ahahha

#255 shaggy

shaggy

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 06:16 PM

IM A MAN OF FEW BUT STRONG WORDS...........PINCHES PUTOS !

Enough Said!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users