914 United.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,584 posts

Good piece by Bobby Warshaw highlighting some small changes Marsch/RBNY made to destroy NYCFC:

https://www.mlssocce...reak-rbny-press

Very good piece

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Citeh fans who buy the more expensive tix to sit amongst the Red Bull crowd are ... just your usual bandwagon riders, and a lot of them left early on Saturday, sickened by their team's gutless performance.  I even saw one taking a red t-shirt with her.

Where were these people between 1996 & 2015? Did they ever attend a game at GS? Come to anything at RBA? They will take Metro North or the NY subway to YS, but not NJ Transit to Newark or the PATH to Harrison? 🤦‍♂️

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

Where were these people between 1996 & 2015? Did they ever attend a game at GS? Come to anything at RBA? They will take Metro North or the NY subway to YS, but not NJ Transit to Newark or the PATH to Harrison? 🤦‍♂️

To be fair, all of our owners did a fantabulous job of pushing soccer fans away from Metro for differing reasons and it is far easier with less wait to get home via the subway than it is the PATH.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Very very few of their fans had any interest in MLS before it was shiny and new. The Jersey gimmick is less of an actual argument and more of a cover for I didnt care about the MLS until a proper footy club like Man City got involved.

Im still shocked people actually believe that their fans were dying for a team that represents the city but couldnt drag themselves to Jersey for two fucking decades.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

Where were these people between 1996 & 2015? Did they ever attend a game at GS? Come to anything at RBA? They will take Metro North or the NY subway to YS, but not NJ Transit to Newark or the PATH to Harrison? ‍♂️

To be fair, all of our owners did a fantabulous job of pushing soccer fans away from Metro for differing reasons and it is far easier with less wait to get home via the subway than it is the PATH.

There was a period where I might have defected if they had put a team somewhere that didn't take an hour+ to drive to and more like 2 hours plus on mass transit (vs. 20 minutes drive to Shea, about the same to the Bronx.)  Like, if they put the Cosmos in Yonkers in 2006, (not that that was ever supposed to happen, just saying) that might have drawn me in just for the convenience.

But, even back when I was just getting into it, and didn't really have any team loyalty, the concept of 'we're the city team, you guys are in Jersey' would have turned me off, because it's stupid, even if the new team wasn't a junior affiliate of a Premier League team I can't stand. 

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Reports out of France that Vieira could be going to Nice.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users