536 replies to this topic

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I got to my seat at 6:55. No lines, no indication of anything untoward.

Cars were stopped on Cape May Blvd.
There was a police dog & handler @ Gate D.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

I would settle for RBNY Metro.

RB Metro, RBNY metro, RBNY 96, RBNY/NJ 96 + officially committing to red & black as the club colors would be solid upgrades to the IDENTITY. RB Metro ain't bad.

But LAFC style ownership with the club named an iconic, confident, authentic METRO / METRO 96 is the true way to stylish glory in Harrison.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

It's rare as fuck to see RBNY gear out on the streets of Manhattan. 

I guess you see it in Dallas sometimes:

we are so ill-prepared for what’s already here and what’s to come : Dallas (reddit.com)

:mellow:

jp917

jp917

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I guess you see it in Dallas sometimes:
we are so ill-prepared for whats already here and whats to come : Dallas (reddit.com)
:mellow:

it's the first thing I noticed when I saw the video

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

it's the first thing I noticed when I saw the video

Such a weird sighting and cultural overlap - hyper evangelical soccer fan in dallas who likes a new york team....  

My only suspicion is that the same personality trait that compels you hate yourself and as an extension, others, also could make you a christian fascist.  

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

https://www.backheel...osphere-in-mls/

Three tiers, and we are at the lowest of the three. From what I gather, even some FO types notice that the atmosphere is different from 2018 and earlier. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull
About time they noticed. COVID really covered over the rot in that aspect.

But are they going to do anything about it

Can they at this point?

It can never be overstated how much Hamlett and Armas decimated this franchise in every single aspect, some aspects quite possibly to a point of no return.

(Note : on the field not one of them. That has almost recovered save for a lack of #9 which is totally on Austria)

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Three tiers, and we are at the lowest of the three. From what I gather, even some FO types notice that the atmosphere is different from 2018 and earlier. 

Interesting to see that Phillys environment ranks worse than ours despite averaging 3k more fans in attendance. They have been fairly successful on the field the past few seasons.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

Guy from ATL ranks ATL #1. Shocked.
That said, 15K @ RBA doubles the eye test.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

About time they noticed. COVID really covered over the rot in that aspect.

But are they going to do anything about it

Can they at this point?

Atmosphere was already in the tank in 2019, way before the pandemic. And no, imo, the team isn't going to do much about it. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Interesting to see that Phillys environment ranks worse than ours despite averaging 3k more fans in attendance. They have been fairly successful on the field the past few seasons.

It's the silly formula they use, which punishes teams for having strong road records.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

in other news - water is wet

the rating is Tier Three - crinkle tinfoil?

Come on - not even with lower #s in 2019 and 2021.  RBA can be pretty loud

and not for nothing having best home record 2010-2019 IIRC seems to be seletively not considered.

Tier One: LOUD NOISES

Tier Two: When it’s on, it’s *on*

Subaru Park, Lower.Com Field, Audi Field, BMO Field, Dick’s Sporting Goods Park, Dignity Health Sports Park, Toyota Stadium, Yankee Stadium, Rio Tinto Stadium

Tier Three: Perhaps could be a little noisier. Maybe someone could crinkle tinfoil in the stands? I hear tinfoil can be quite loud. 

Gillette Stadium, Red Bull Arena, Saputo Stadium, Soldier Field, PayPal Park, PNC Stadium

Oh well hoping a LOUD crowd will help us WIN on the FIELD tonight

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

The Falcon

The Falcon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

If anyone here is STH, do you still speak with your ticket rep on the phone much? Next time they call you, can you discuss this? What steps are they taking to market the team and try and attract more fans to build up game attendance? Maybe it's high time we have another town hall with management and hear it from them? 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

still speak with your ticket rep on the phone? can you discuss what steps are they taking to market the team?

I would not expect a ticket rep to provide anything more than canned answers to any inquiries.

high time we have another town hall with management?

If such an event would ever occur, I would not expect management to provide anything more than canned answers to any inquiries.

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

in other news - water is wet
the rating is Tier Three - crinkle tinfoil?
Come on - not even with lower #s in 2019 and 2021.  RBA can be pretty loud
and not for nothing having best home record 2010-2019 IIRC seems to be seletively not considered.

Tier One: LOUD NOISES
Tier Two: When its on, its *on*
Subaru Park, Lower.Com Field, Audi Field, BMO Field, Dicks Sporting Goods Park, Dignity Health Sports Park, Toyota Stadium, Yankee Stadium, Rio Tinto Stadium
Tier Three: Perhaps could be a little noisier. Maybe someone could crinkle tinfoil in the stands? I hear tinfoil can be quite loud. 
Gillette Stadium, Red Bull Arena, Saputo Stadium, Soldier Field, PayPal Park, PNC Stadium

Oh well hoping a LOUD crowd will help us WIN on the FIELD tonight

Admittedly, the criteria is quite subjective, and the author was clear 2018 was the cutoff, so no the Marsch era would not be considered.

From 2019, RBA has not been on. It seems like a good starting point about how RBA is a shell of itself thanks to Hamlett and Armas idiocy and what, how long or even if anything can be done to get people back there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users