732 replies to this topic

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

I've also had reps talk about Leipzig and "come out to witness the next Tyler Adams."

This is a niche league in a major sports market. Who exactly is being drawn in by that selling point?

Come watch this guy for 2 years before he gets sold to Europe.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

The shit of visionary  visionless "leadership" is sure flowing downhill these days.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

This is a niche league in a major sports market. Who exactly is being drawn in by that selling point?

Come watch this guy for 2 years before he gets sold to Europe.

I could even get into watching a guy develop IF we could put together talent around him. They are now being seen for who they are. Its only Major league soccer development.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I just got off the phone with a Renewals Rep and

And?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull
Did you not read the rest of his post?

More of the same rotten, putrid and disgraceful FO who actually WANTS to be vapor in this market

Theyre not even trying at this point

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

More of the same rotten, putrid and disgraceful FO who actually WANTS to be vapor in this market

Theyre not even trying at this point

Id argue the rep was trying. He has nothing to work with it, he has nothing of interest to sell. The rep was trying to make the garbage presentable, but its an impossible task.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Id argue the rep was trying. He has nothing to work with it, he has nothing of interest to sell. The rep was trying to make the garbage presentable, but its an impossible task.

For the most part this is true, but I can think of 10 selling points off the top of my head that I'd turn to before "look at what the owners are doing in Leipzig!" 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

Point out where he said whether or not he renewed.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

For the most part this is true, but I can think of 10 selling points off the top of my head that I'd turn to before "look at what the owners are doing in Leipzig!" 

10? Outside of obvious stuff like RBA and the playoff streak, which a season ticket holder already know about.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

I can't.  I imagine he already said the stadium is nice.  After that, what is there?

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

It appears the reps are as tone deaf as the organization.

Maybe they have been sold on the pathway to becoming a ticket rep in Europe.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

MetroFever

MetroFever

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts

It is no longer enjoyable to come to Red Bull Arena.

There always used to be "Let's go Red Bulls" chants from even the non-supporter groups that would spontaneously pop-up. Don't recall a single one yesterday. Fans got up in the 92nd minute to cheer on the players on a throw-in near the corner flag and that was it. I know it's hard to get behind a team when you know they couldn't score even if the referee added 3 HOURS of stoppage time.

Fans were always late arriving (never understood that), but at least vocal in the past. Nowadays, they're pretty quiet and don't seem as friendly. Used to carry conversations with folks sitting nearby I never met regardless of the section and now I'm met with a puzzled look. Sadly, many adults seemed happy walking out with their bobblehead dolls and probably didn't even remember the score.  :(

I know some fans here would like to start Barlow over Klimala (since he's horrible), but he got a great flick-on near the 6 yard box and couldn't redirect it to the goal. He's the type of player who Eurosnobs (and others) think of when they think of MLS and specifically American players. Wolyniec obviously was not the most technical player, but you always knew he could knock in a goal coming off the bench whether it was pretty or not.

For the past 2 years, you arrive at a home match knowing there is a strong liklihood the team might not even score. There are no stars on the team. Yes, folks know Aaron Long from the USMNT and Coronel is great, but folks don't come to watch the goalkeeper. 

With the team being stingy paying for strikers and midfielders who can actually score and be creative, I'm surprised they got the small crowd they did for a mid-August match...thought it would be even less. The last marquee name was Henry and they haven't tried to get anyone decent afterwards.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

yeah, and prior to that, it was the VAR chant at the end of the home game vs Colorado. the casual crowd outside of 133/101/102 just isn't as responsive, but they would be if what they're watching was better/inspiring. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Fans were always late arriving (never understood that), but at least vocal in the past. Nowadays, they're pretty quiet and don't seem as friendly. Used to carry conversations with folks sitting nearby I never met regardless of the section and now I'm met with a puzzled look.

I think the late arrivals always has to do with a lot of first timers who simply didn't expect there to be as much traffic / path issues that there always is. I also think a lot of those first timers never come back due to parking and traffic issues.

The second half of that might simply be that people aren't as interested in talking to strangers with after all this covid mess

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
The team caters to non soccer fans. All these nonsense theme nights to get people in the building. All they care about is inflating their metrics whichever way possible.

The sport, the team on the field, the actual fans are all secondary concerns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users