378 replies to this topic

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,835 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

i don't see us making any big splashes this year or next. expect more jorgensen level signings while the PATH weekend situation gets resolved.

If we can barely fill 18k seats with Zlatan's first appearance in town, then it seems like a waste to spend millions on a marquee player if no one will show up to watch.

chicken, egg

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

pushthepace

pushthepace

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Alexis Sanchez, Man Utd are doing everything they can to get him out. He's gonna demand a higher wage than what Euro clubs are willing to pay, since he is past his prime (and also a bit of a dick).

This checks off literally every box for a magic singing everyone is clamoring for.

Big name player

South American

Winger/Forward

Difference Maker

RB, City and the LA's are the only teams who could afford him. Thoughts?

A LOT will depend on how he performs during the Copa America this summer. There's some interest in him if United are willing to pay half but a huge performance in June reminding everyone of the old Alexis Sanchez suddenly drums up a lot of interest. I'm not sure why Man Utd is so quick to get rid of him. His value can't go any lower than it is now (barring injury) and it could only go up with a great performance in Copa America. Either way, I just can't see us paying for his services. 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,718 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

WHY? 

he's still a stud even as old as he is... People act like Metro has the Roster that Man City or Chelsea or Liverpool have...

This roster has guys that of they went to Roma tomorrow wouldn't even make the match day roster.. Yet De Rossi was still out there handling business....

Same for Ribery... I want Ribery and Robben ans De Rossi... Next someone is gonna sy they'd rather start Etienne or Omir over Ribery or Robben?!?!
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,390 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

i don't see us making any big splashes this year or next. expect more jorgensen level signings while the PATH weekend situation gets resolved.

If we can barely fill 18k seats with Zlatan's first appearance in town, then it seems like a waste to spend millions on a marquee player if no one will show up to watch.

I said elsewhere that I was terrified that they would use the PATH situation as an excuse to explain away all the empty seats instead of addressing the real reasons for it that have been repeatedly discussed here. Do they have enough foresight to see that if they phone it in for the next few years when the day comes that PATH service is back to normal the fanbase will have been completely disintegrated?
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users