83 replies to this topic

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,835 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Who they didn't market to even anywhere remotely to the point that they should have been. The team itself has rarely ever done the proper marketing that it should. A few billboards every year and some red bull trucks driving around is basically all they have ever done.

You keep saying this, but it is nonsense.    They have a very large social media marketing program.   That's how marketing is done in 2019.   What type of marketing are you looking for?  Blimps?  

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,997 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I used to get tickets directly from the website ...
fees added on by Ticketmaster are utterly ridiculous ...
totaling near the face value of the actual event tickets ...
I wish they would go back to selling tickets themselves  

Why do venues deal with Ticketmaster?
I suppose that they can reduce sales staff.
Those savings, however, are self-defeating,
if the actual price to fans doubles.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,997 posts

What type of marketing are you looking for?  Blimps? 

Yes! Blimps would be awesome!
Of course, Newark Airport might object ...

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

You keep saying this, but it is nonsense.    They have a very large social media marketing program.   That's how marketing is done in 2019.   What type of marketing are you looking for?  Blimps?  

Their social media marketing clearly isn't working then no? Some clever tweets and stupid gifs don't fill up a stadium. The vast majority of their social media is preaching to the fans that are already here, not drawing in new ones.

But hey, it's not my job to try to get new fans into the building and they are clearly doing a better job than any of us on here possibly could lols

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,835 posts

Their social media marketing clearly isn't working then no? Some clever tweets and stupid gifs don't fill up a stadium. The vast majority of their social media is preaching to the fans that are already here, not drawing in new ones.

But hey, it's not my job to try to get new fans into the building and they are clearly doing a better job than any of us on here possibly could lols

Still waiting for you to say what you would do differently (as if currently its only "clever tweets and stupid gifs").    The dead-horse list of reasons why we don't fill the place (along with most other MLS 1.0 teams) dwarfs whatever you think they should be doing from a marketing angle.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
You mean zeppelin floating around the area....

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts

Still waiting for you to say what you would do differently (as if its currently its only "clever tweets and stupid gifs").     

First thing I would do is team up with the Devils to create a two game pack, say $50 gets you a ticket to both games. They should at the worst pay to have a table setup at Prudential, hand out Red Bull, etc. You would be amazed how many people attend Devils games and have absolutely no clue that there's a soccer stadium and team a mile away.

Sometimes they play games on the same day where you can attend both. There should always be a ticket combo that gets you into both. They are both absolutely missing a good opportunity to get different fans in the buildings for their games.

When it comes to their social media yeah the behind the scenes access videos are well done but their social media as a whole isn't drawing anyone new in. All they are doing is preaching to the choir that is already here. They are middle of the pack when it comes to Twitter followers but as a whole the league doesn't have a huge following on Twitter.

Red Bulls - 211k

Atlanta - 972k
Seattle - 552k
LA Galaxy - 486k
Orlando - 484k
Houston - 422k
Toronto - 406k
NYCFC - 389k
Kansas City - 389k
Portland - 347k
Montreal - 333k
Vancouver - 333k
San Jose - 262k
LAFC - 217k
Red Bulls - 211k
Columbus - 171k
Chicago - 163k
Dallas - 162k
DC United - 154k
Salt Lake - 154k
Philadelphia - 135k
Minnesota - 124k
New England - 108k
Colorado - 106k
Cincinnati - 100k

I also dont get paid to be in charge of marketing the team and trying to sell tickets. Clearly the front office is not getting the job done and the tarps have made it way more ridiculously obvious than it already was. I'd wipe the front office clean and start from scratch because it's clearly not working.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Just tarp off the entire upper deck and reduce the capacity to around 10k, which is still more than the team is drawing on average this year. And then stop charging $80+ for center midfield seats to watch USL players.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,835 posts

First thing I would do is team up with the Devils to create a two game pack, .....I also dont get paid to be in charge of marketing the team and trying to sell tickets. ...

Ideas like that is why you don't get paid the come up with these kind of ideas... the first thing to understand is that the Devils (and everyone else) are competing with us for people's time and money.     Few, if any, people have time and money and inclination to attend two sports events in one day.     Few enough could manage that in one week.    

Maybe, if we could manage 70+ points,  with homegrown talent, AND a superstar name or two.. AND an MLS Cup... for several seasons ...  then maybe we could start selling out in this market.    Maybe.    

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,997 posts

social media ... Twitter ... Red Bulls - 211k

Is that number legitimate? 211,000 actual followers?
I do not know much about Twitter. Is it interactive?
How many followers live in the Metro area?
How many have attended games? Regularly? STHs?
What percentage are active followers?
Can Twitter be linked to surveys? Ticket offers?

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,046 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

looks like the north ward upper level is grayed out for this Saturday's game vs Galaxy...so I guess even the Zlatan impact isn't enough to remove the tarps

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts

Ideas like that is why you don't get paid the come up with these kind of ideas... the first thing to understand is that the Devils (and everyone else) are competing with us for people's time and money.     Few, if any, people have time and money and inclination to attend two sports events in one day.     Few enough could manage that in one week.    

Maybe, if we could manage 70+ points,  with homegrown talent, AND a superstar name or two.. AND an MLS Cup... for several seasons ...  then maybe we could start selling out in this market.    Maybe.    

The regular seasons barely overlap with one another. NHL is October to the first week of April and MLS is March to October. It's silly for the Red Bulls to not get more involved in a proper partnership when most people still don't even know about the team or stadium.

You can do a buy 1 Devils ticket and get 1 ticket to a future Red Bulls game package. There's plenty of seats to choose from.

What's the front office doing that's working? Cause saying fuck it and putting tarps on sections is why these people shouldn't get paid for doing their jobs poorly.

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
The marketing is awful. I am not asking for TV ads or traditional subway ads.

However, they can still have meaningful connections if they tapped into people who like soccer. They just need to keep it simple and interact with this specific audience. They need to grow their online presence on YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. An easy way to do this is by providing content that they already produce at press conferences or red bull radio. This is not rocket science. Its repackaging content they already produce.

They also need to attend community events and register as a vendor. It's not expensive and they can bring awareness that a team actually exists in the NYC area. When I was in cincy last year, I noticed that this worked. People were buying season tickets and registering their social media accounts.

They also need to make a connection with the local community of red bull arena. They should give promos for being a local resident. Similar to how Disney offers promos to ppl who live in Florida. Get them hook and make it a part of their culture. This is the low hanging fruit and if they can convert these folks as fans then how can they get other ppl to visit red bull arena

In the end ppl want to be a part of a community. That's why soccer in Seattle, Atlanta and portland is like a cult. Part of the is because the franchises are able to succesfully interact with the community.

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,046 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

The funny part is Red Bull Global is probably top tier marketing across the globe. You would think a subsidiary of theirs would be similarly good at it. :unsure:

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,835 posts

The marketing is awful. I am not asking for TV ads or traditional subway ads.

However, they can still have meaningful connections if they tapped into people who like soccer. They just need to keep it simple and interact with this specific audience. They need to grow their online presence on YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. An easy way to do this is by providing content that they already produce at press conferences or red bull radio. This is not rocket science. Its repackaging content they already produce.

They also need to attend community events and register as a vendor. It's not expensive and they can bring awareness that a team actually exists in the NYC area. When I was in cincy last year, I noticed that this worked. People were buying season tickets and registering their social media accounts.

They also need to make a connection with the local community of red bull arena. They should give promos for being a local resident. Similar to how Disney offers promos to ppl who live in Florida. Get them hook and make it a part of their culture. This is the low hanging fruit and if they can convert these folks as fans then how can they get other ppl to visit red bull arena

In the end ppl want to be a part of a community. That's why soccer in Seattle, Atlanta and portland is like a cult. Part of the is because the franchises are able to succesfully interact with the community.

Except they have done all of that, AND they do better than any other team in actually developing local players and putting them on the first team.  

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users