Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Dyer has turned into a full blown shill for Armas lately

He's playing ball cuz he wants the latest F1 scoops. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Don't agree with "not a deficient offseason" (we'll see if the RB and GK will start, and a U17 LB is nice but hardly guaranteed to contribute this year).

But Dyer has a point that it's a bit weird if people are simultaneously angry about 1) not signing players AND 2) Armas not explicitly saying we can win MLS Cup. Not sure how many such people there are, mind you.

But you can be angry about 1) not signing players AND 2) not having a team that is capable of winning MLS Cup.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

But you can be angry about 1) not signing players AND 2) not having a team that is capable of winning MLS Cup.

Especially in light of Denis statements in November that: a) MLS Cup was the goal and; b) that we had money to spend to bring in talent to help us toward that goal.

Now its we are focusing on the process, and we will add someone only if theyre the right fit, which is apparently harder than finding the holy grail.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Certainly, that would make sense; but it's not what Dyer is questioning/arguing against.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Certainly, that would make sense; but it's not what Dyer is questioning/arguing against.

hes saying you cant be angry at a coach because the coach agrees with you that he doesn't have the talent to win the Cup (though Armas doesnt really say that, he just said that it isn't what they are focused on at the moment).

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

But Dyer has a point that it's a bit weird if people are simultaneously angry about 1) not signing players AND 2) Armas not explicitly saying we can win MLS Cup. Not sure how many such people there are, mind you.

I don't think its weird at all, you'll find conflicting opinions on almost every topic in the world if you browse social media for a bit. And this whole exchange was set up to be a shit show from the start. You have Armas doing his best to express confidence in his players, despite having no immediate improvements to the roster. Then you have fans who are rabid to blame him for the lack of money spent, which isn't even his job at the end of the day.

Dyer has always been a fan of Armas, I think we can expect him to stick up for him by now. But in my opinion his assessment of our off-season is off the mark. Gotta try a little harder than this in MLS these days.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

Lost on me initially was Dyers implication that Egbo is an upgrade at RB, as good or better than Murillo.   I  assumed him to be more of a depth option, competition for Duncan, more than an obvious upgrade.   Would be nice if that were actually the case.   Still have nothing resembling a replacement for Taxi at LB, and still missing that all-important #9.    I admittedly don't understand the triple deuce formation well enough to assess our gaps there.   

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Lost on me initially was Dyers implication that Egbo is an upgrade at RB, as good or better than Murillo.   I  assumed him to be more of a depth option, competition for Duncan, more than an obvious upgrade.   Would be nice if that were actually the case.   Still have nothing resembling a replacement for Taxi at LB, and still missing that all-important #9.    I admittedly don't understand the triple deuce formation well enough to assess our gaps there.   

I sorta see what Dyer is saying but its not like we are ATL or even Miami spendin$ bringing in young talent.
LB. is big gap
Triple 2 I dont understand as well
Depends if you play the 2 centrally and press out or sorta mid wide Channel with 2 8s which sounds like a bit what they will do
Where the other 2 positions need g sure
Or maybe they say we are young, can press and compact cede wide areas press counter press as unit. Maybe this is a way of turning the press back up
Over my head but would like to see understand more

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls
Lets just start the season and get this car crash of a team on the road

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Lets just start the season

Buy those extra tickets now!
https://view.fanmail...40e6aa08f375f30

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
It feels like they are done signing players.

Thelwell has gone MIA, Hamlett is siting around doing nothing and Armas has started his rah-rah routine with the current group.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Thelwell has gone MIA, Hamlett is siting around doing nothing and Armas has started his rah-rah routine with the current group.

Ladies and Gentlemen.........youre 2020 New York Red Bulls!!

In a non Bob Galerstein voice.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

likely they are until summer

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
Papa RB has to have third string LB lying around they could lend us until the summer window

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

We signed a backup GK and a backup RB. Fantastic offseason.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users