:deadhorse:

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,568 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT
Reminds me of Henry. Was a level better than anyone on the field.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,882 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
New England still should have scored about 4 goals in the first half. They couldn't finish worth a shit.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,568 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT
Had a few friends that jumped ship to NYCFC. They brought a few "die-hard Metro" fans to the game today. From their Facebook account, they have now jumped ship too. #RedBullOut cover photo has been replaced with a picture of them in ManCityNY shirts.
F'em but I'd be interested to hear if anyone on here went to the game and their experience, understanding its the inaugural game.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

bukie2k

bukie2k

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts
  • Supports:ManU, Cosmos, Metros

Does the playing field at Yankee Stadium look small to anyone else? I first noticed it when Liverpool played there last July, almost like it is a 2/3 scale field or something.

When you are born, you get a ticket to the freak show. If you are born in the United States, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,882 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Had a few friends that jumped ship to NYCFC. They brought a few "die-hard Metro" fans to the game today. From their Facebook account, they have now jumped ship too. #RedBullOut cover photo has been replaced with a picture of them in ManCityNY shirts.
F'em but I'd be interested to hear if anyone on here went to the game and their experience, understanding its the inaugural game.

That didn't take much for them to jump ship. Nothing about the game or atmosphere on tv looked worthy of jumping ship. I guess some people don't care that they are just another team with no real identity.

If there was a real team in the MLS in this area with their own identity and not an energy drink or minor league team clone of an english team then it would be a lot easier to jump ship.

bukie2k

bukie2k

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

You know, as bad as the viewing angle and field is on TV, the crowd looks pretty good.

The fact that they managed to draw 43,000 in this shitty weather is impressive.

Next week we all know the stadium won't be sold out and there will be 'Metro boys' in the supporters section pulling 'We Miss Petke!' and 'Red Bull Out!' bullshit. Seriously I hope the fans are all united against DC instead of chanting for a coach fired 4 months ago. Pointless.

What point are you trying to make here? That NYCFC won't bring in 43k next home game or that the fans (or what is left of them) in Jersey have decided to take their team back?

When you are born, you get a ticket to the freak show. If you are born in the United States, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

BWP99

BWP99

New Signing

• Pip
  • 16 posts

What point are you trying to make here? That NYCFC won't bring in 43k next home game or that the fans (or what is left of them) in Jersey have decided to take their team back?

That the fans in Jersey should be supporting their team, not living in the past.

bukie2k

bukie2k

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

That the fans in Jersey should be supporting their team, not living in the past.

I'm sure your entry level position depends upon it.

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

you're an odd duck.

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Only caught the second half. I hope NE looked better in the 1st, because they looked totally lost to me.

Decent turnout for the new club, but i really hope we see less of their games on TV. Broadcasting soccer in that stadium is awful. Villa was a whole LOT better after being a ghost last week. 

123NYwins

123NYwins

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Supports:Metropolitan SC, USA, & DC folding

It's a mirage. This team's long-term prospects are brighter than that team's long-term prospects, for a number of reasons.

#RedBullOut

"This is where I’m from. A team I represented for over 10 years. If I had been going somewhere it would have just been a job."

-Mike Petke

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,568 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYJ

Only caught the second half. I hope NE looked better in the 1st, because they looked totally lost to me.

Decent turnout for the new club, but i really hope we see less of their games on TV. Broadcasting soccer in that stadium is awful. Villa was a whole LOT better after being a ghost last week. 

NE did look better in the 1st half. They did everything but score. I thought they could have had 3-4 easily.

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa

Was given a ticket to the Man City NY game today from a bunch of friends who got season tickets (people Ive taken to RB games over the years, only to see scoreless draws and soporific losses)...

Man, they are gonna be really easy to hate. NY's version of Seattle Sounders fans: super arrogant, act like MLS only got "good" now that they care, zero honesty or sense of humor about THEIR fucked up owners...like NONE AT ALL. I asked one friend, who's Jewish, if he would support NYC if being Jewish in Abu Dhabi was punishable by jail and possibly worse, and if murderers of Jewish people weren't prosecuted (as it is for gay people there). The obfuscation and equivocating that followed was astounding. "I'm sure Sheik Mansour doesn't agree with that law."  Oh worrrrd? <_<

New England's shit finishing gave the lead away, the nonsense red card made sure Man City JV kept it. Villarato!

RED. BULL. OUT.

LongLiveTheBeautifulGame

LongLiveTheBeautifulGame

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Arsenal, USMNT, & the 4-2-3-1

Agudelo missed an absolute sitter 2 feet in front of the goal line on a beautiful cross. He could have hit it anywhere on goal but elected for the keeper's shins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users