29 replies to this topic

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
In the wake of the absurd treatment of supporters by the team I would like to know where I can express my extreme displeasure via email (no I am not going to send an obscene tirade, I plan on using logic to show why their actions were absurd). A general feedback email would be nice but if anyone knows how I can get in touch with the person(s) responsible for said decision that would be fantastic.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I personally think most people are being babies about this situation. There is so much whining going on about it.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT
Cosmosneedfans@cosmos.com

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts

It's such a pity the coat hanger missed you.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Fucking dead.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
Same three shit bags pop up in every thread about SG's since their little sensibilities got hurt in the politics thread.

Mike, it's normally first.last@newyorkredbulls.com.

Degrandpre is Marc.Degrandpre@newyorkredbulls.com

#RedBullOut

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts

Same three shit bags pop up in every thread about SG's since their little sensibilities got hurt in the politics thread.

Thanks Greg!
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

I've never called you any names but hey guess we are resorting to name calling now when you don't agree with someone lol

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts

At least 3 people have some common sense.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
Just curious as a non-SG member what the team did now?

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Just curious as a non-SG member what the team did now?

Someone in 101 had a small fuck United(with the airlines logo) sign at the DC game and it ended up on the capo stand which was removed when someone noticed it. Against Columbus a GSU member on the field during the anthem when they have someone from the 3 groups hold flags on the field held up a "fuck Ohio" scarf.

So esc and gsu can't have any tifo or smoke after goals for the next 2 games.

https://www.sny.tv/r...carty/226447010

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

Someone in 101 had a small fuck United(with the airlines logo) sign at the DC game and it ended up on the capo stand which was removed when someone noticed it. Against Columbus a GSU member on the field during the anthem when they have someone from the 3 groups hold flags on the field held up a "fuck Ohio" scarf.

So esc and gsu can't have any tifo or smoke after goals for the next 2 games.

https://www.sny.tv/r...carty/226447010

Got it, thanks for info & link

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

In the wake of the absurd treatment of supporters by the team I would like to know where I can express my extreme displeasure via email (no I am not going to send an obscene tirade, I plan on using logic to show why their actions were absurd). A general feedback email would be nice but if anyone knows how I can get in touch with the person(s) responsible for said decision that would be fantastic.

Mike I think you are a down to earth guy but you got to pick your battles and let this one go.

Ok so the front office took away tifo for a couple games. Big fucking deal! Life goes on.

Yet for some people (and an ever-growing contingent in the South Ward) they feel like they must find something....anything to bitch and moan about so they can perpetuate this silly "oh woe is me, I'm being victimized" narrative.

You have people threatening to cancel season tickets, capos writing articles online about how everyone is being neglected and abused by the club, countless angry posts on social media all over what??? Banners that get held up for 30 seconds before each game?

Not worth the anger.

break516beatz

break516beatz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Man United

Mike I think you are a down to earth guy but you got to pick your battles and let this one go.

Ok so the front office took away tifo for a couple games. Big fucking deal! Life goes on.

Yet for some people (and an ever-growing contingent in the South Ward) they feel like they must find something....anything to bitch and moan about so they can perpetuate this silly "oh woe is me, I'm being victimized" narrative.

You have people threatening to cancel season tickets, capos writing articles online about how everyone is being neglected and abused by the club, countless angry posts on social media all over what??? Banners that get held up for 30 seconds before each game?

Not worth the anger.

In the grand scheme of things yes, life goes on. Shit happens. 

Why is there so much anger over the sanctions?

1) Because in ESCs case it took the front office a week and a half to hand down its punishment. Another full home game went before the front office decided to do something. If it was *that* egregious then it should've been dealt with immediately, don't you think?

2) There was no warning, no "next time you do something you'll be sanctioned," no nothing. If there was some sort of warning and the SGs decided to say "fuck you" to the front office and do what they wanted then fine, whatever. But there was nothing. And to sanction two sections of supporters who live, breathe, and die for the club, travel all over to away games, who paint tifo before games, who hang banners to help provide atmosphere, over something innocuous is, frankly, bullshit. 

3) Because now it's starting to come off that the actions of one SG can mean sanctions for the others (I'm not saying it will happen, but it can). In the front office's statement it mentions a "pattern of behavior" due to the actions of ESC and GSU. What "pattern of behavior?" A topical sign by one and a "fuck Ohio" from the other? That's a pattern? VA cannot control the actions of GSU, GSU cannot control the actions of ESC, ESC cannot control the actions of VA, and vice versa. The behavior isn't a pattern. It's isolated. And *if* that's the road the front office wants to go down then the SGs (and supporters) have every right to make their voices heard. 

So to you it may not be worth the anger. But to others it very well could be. 

F U NYCFC

Our home, our club. You will always be #2 in NY/NJ

If you want to hear my ramblings on football and hockey on Twitter, give me a follow: @jeffreykleiman

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
That pretty much hit the nail on the head. Best thing is from what I understand is that the guy with sign wasn't authorized to go on the perch, did so, and as soon as the people running the section noticed the whole thing they told him to vacate the perch. Obviously it's the ESC's fault for not having an armed security detail guarding the perch.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users