JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Forbes valuation of RBNY is $245 Million:
https://www.forbes.c...ng#46b852b11365
I don't know how real these numbers are.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Anybody have 250 mill laying around?

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

Anybody have 250 mill laying around?

We should all pool in to play the PowerBall!!

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts

2 million in the red is the important number for RBNY. Remember when we set the record at what, -14M?

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Yankee Stadium FC being $9 million in the red is largely attributed to the club paying for all the broken seats from their faux hooligans, to be fair. 

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Yankee Stadium FC being $9 million in the red is largely attributed to the club paying for all the broken seats from their faux hooligans, to be fair. 

My question is why they are worth significantly more when their revenue is roughly the same as ours? Also on these values do they factor in stadiums owned like they do for the other leagues they do valuations for?
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

we don't own the stadium anymore, iirc. just the team and whatever the Training Facility and its land are worth. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

My question is why they are worth significantly more when their revenue is roughly the same as ours? Also on these values do they factor in stadiums owned like they do for the other leagues they do valuations for?

Exactly... Other teams' value usually has to do with stadiums and networks/network deals.  Pretty much why the Cowboys are now worth more than any team on the planet in any sport.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

we don't own the stadium anymore, iirc. team and whatever the Training Facility is worth. 

Can someone in the know clarify the stadium situation? I knew there was a fight over taxes with the town but the amount owed couldn't possibly be worth giving away ownership of a stadium you paid $200 million+ to build right?
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Can someone in the know clarify the stadium situation? I knew there was a fight over taxes with the town but the amount owed couldn't possibly be worth giving away ownership of a stadium you paid $200 million+ to build right?

The original deal, when it was built,  had us giving the stadium to Harrison after 30 years (Harrison already owns the land it was built on).    To settle the tax dispute in a way that worked for everyone, we agreed to give them the stadium now, and we pay rent roughly equal to whatever the taxes would have been.  But we still operate and maintain the stadium as part of the deal.   Really just an accounting thing.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

Interesting article - almost made a new thread but figured it could go here.

https://www.starsand...a-mexico-canada

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
FWIW, 2018 update: ATL debuts at #1, RB 11th
https://www.forbes.c...er#6f3d54ca2ee9

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Just posted this in the NYCFC thread. They posted the biggest loss at a -$15 million. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

The original deal was that we would give the stadium to Harrison at some point, which I think was 25 or 30 years, about the expected life of thee building.  To settle the tax debate, they just gave it back early and pay rent that is roughly what they were paying in taxes ($2 or 3M?).    This way, they have a long term lease at a fixed number, instead of facing arbitrary tax increases and lawsuits every few years.  RB never owned the land.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts

Just posted this in the NYCFC thread. They posted the biggest loss at a -$15 million. 

At some point, we had the record at -$14 m!

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users