Chic Charnley

Chic Charnley

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts
  • Interests:football, soccer, futball....etc
  • Supports:NYRB & PTFC

Dan Dickinson @GothamistDan has this interesting quote from Cahill (from December):

To be totally honest, I could have gone back to the premier league on loan after the world cup and I decided to stay with the Red Bulls for the remainder of the season....

https://twitter.com/...8430592/photo/1

I've a feeling he truly believes we should be grateful for his 2014 performance...

Anyway, thanks for 2013, that was a honor to watch you play. 

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls
Do we even have enough players to hold quality practices?

2015 is going to blow. Bigtime.

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Do we even have enough players to hold quality practices?

2015 is going to blow. Bigtime.

This is where I'm at... 

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls
with cahill gone It shows theres is no intention to win. So why keep BWP and or sam on the books?

Sell him off as well right just tank the whole thing.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Dan Dickinson @GothamistDan has this interesting quote from Cahill (from December):

https://twitter.com/...8430592/photo/1

I've a feeling he truly believes we should be grateful for his 2014 performance...

Anyway, thanks for 2013, that was a honor to watch you play. 

But he also said the REASON he stayed was because it ave him the most flexibility to play internationally.   It wasn't ot of loyalty, or a sense of unfinished business.   I loved what he did for us last year, but like Red Bull, we are not his top priority.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

Yeah I didn't mean "a few days" literally, but like you said camp is starting so now every day that passes is one less that a new signing gets to spend with his new team.

The blizzard of the century is headed our way and RBNY is about to kick off training camp.. It's a bad omen

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

He's going to do so many things to engage their fan base. I weep for the possibilities. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

In

Zizzo

Reynish

Stolz

Davis

Bonomo

McLaws

Sanchez

Sadly, you look at that and then look at this:

Raul

Leonardo Fernandes

Lucky Mkosana

Walter Restrepo

Adam Moffat

Nana Attakora* - not official

The freakin division 2 Cosmos have had a much better offseason of additions than we have had.

2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

He's going to do so many things to engage their fan base. I weep for the possibilities. 

You have no idea actually.

He is one of the most beloved players both at Millwall & Everton.  I've followed his career closely.  A team first guy, who fucking bleeds for the team colors.  

Only team he's ever had a problem with is Red Bulls.  Do you think he's fucking crazy or that Red Bulls are total fuck ups.   You know the answer to that one.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

Funny thing: Cahill said his next move was really going to be something special that got a lot of people talking. Yeah, a guy who used to play in Europe taking cash to play in a shit league in the UAE. How "Steffan Effenberg, 2007" of you. Roberto Carlos did that years ago; hardly blazing a trail, holmes. 

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

Funny thing: Cahill said his next move was really going to be something special that got a lot of people talking. Yeah, a guy who used to play in Europe taking cash to play in a shit league in the UAE. How "Steffan Effenberg, 2007" of you. Roberto Carlos did that years ago; hardly blazing a trail, holmes. 

That's exactly what 99% of the people in Europe believe when players come to MLS.

Funny how we get really pissed at that.....but pass judgement the same way.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

That's exactly what 99% of the people in Europe believe when players come to MLS.

Funny how we get really pissed at that.....but pass judgement the same way.

Not judging the move, judging the "something special" promotion of it

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

Not judging the move, judging the "something special" promotion of it

I gotcha, thanks.

Use a perspective that is not our's though.  One of the biggest stars in that part of the world, who scored the best goal of the World Cup and is killing it in the Asian Cup......is going to Asia.  I'm sure that's a pretty special move from an Asian perspective.  Don't you think?

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Supports:Metros

Another mess for Red Bull, the team is bleeding out. With that said it seems like Cahill is a colossal fraud and or delusional. If he really thinks he came here and caused some soccer revolution and is now moving to a new frontier he's out of his mind. More likely he is thinking "$$$$$$$$$$"

I could give two fucks about what he did for Everton and Millwall. Henry was a far superior player who loved Arsenal and still came here and gave a full effort. Opposite ends of the DP spectrum.

metro bomaye!

metro bomaye!

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Supports:METRO | Betis

Cahill should always be remembered as one of 2013's conquering heroes who brought us the shield. Last season was a big disappointment, but sometimes that's how it goes. Best of luck to him.

Red Bull Out

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users