87 replies to this topic

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Dual Major, triple minor with plenty of experience and after I graduated college, I work at a freakin indoor waterpark.

Applying everywhere for something in sports and/or business.

All I get emails for is financial advisor jobs for companies I never heard of.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

Dual Major, triple minor with plenty of experience and after I graduated college, I work at a freakin indoor waterpark.

Posted Image

Is there a boatload of MILFs there, or what?

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Similar situation. Although, I just a call back from one applied to.

I've refined my resume even more and been working on a better cover letter approach.

It's a weird job market.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Posted Image

Is there a boatload of MILFs there, or what?

Yeah, the rooms run close to $400 a night so most people that are there are loaded and the MILFs have the $ to make themselves look a-freakin-mazing. They love the attention too and I am happy to look.

I guess there are perks to any job. ;)
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Binks

Binks

Posting From Behind Enemy Lines

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,749 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Fulham, RFC

It's a weird job market.

Very. Use those around you that know and trust to get you to your next position. The way things are now, that's the best way to get what you want and be sure of what you're getting into.

Pregame pints 15. Ticket to the game 60. Carlsburg, Meatpie and Crisps 16. Seeing an American score on another American at a Premier League match in England; Priceless.
"i just like to be careful right b4 i go on a first date with a chick. too much weird comments on facebook and im dead from the start" - JayDelight

"There's nothing good about my team, my team is shit!" (Harraby Lad to Alexi Lalas about Carlisle United)

And then, just like that, his halitosis and jersey were gone. -Bobby Boswell on Bobbygate

UncleLTrain

UncleLTrain

Shogun of Jersey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,584 posts
  • Interests:I do things
  • Supports:RBNY

Very. Use those around you that know and trust to get you to your next position. The way things are now, that's the best way to get what you want and be sure of what you're getting into.

And if you get off of a bus in a city carrying a bag. And someone says you look lost. Don't go with them.

Binks

Binks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,749 posts

And if you get off of a bus in a city carrying a bag. And someone says you look lost. Don't go with them.

I guess you don't like my advice. :lol:

Pregame pints 15. Ticket to the game 60. Carlsburg, Meatpie and Crisps 16. Seeing an American score on another American at a Premier League match in England; Priceless.
"i just like to be careful right b4 i go on a first date with a chick. too much weird comments on facebook and im dead from the start" - JayDelight

"There's nothing good about my team, my team is shit!" (Harraby Lad to Alexi Lalas about Carlisle United)

And then, just like that, his halitosis and jersey were gone. -Bobby Boswell on Bobbygate

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

That's how I got my current gig. Got it through a guy who married a chick from my HS. He works in my industry as a vendor, we kept in contact for several years, then one day he asks me to FW my res to some department supervisor. I took the interview several days later and got the job several days after that.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

UncleLTrain

UncleLTrain

Shogun of Jersey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,584 posts

That's how I got my current gig. Got it through a guy who married a chick from my HS. He works in my industry as a vendor, we kept in contact for several years, then one day he asks me to FW my res to some department supervisor, took the interview several days later, got the job several days after that.

Binks got his job through a glory hole.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

Binks got his job through a glory hole.

I got mine via email...

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

UncleLTrain

UncleLTrain

Shogun of Jersey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,584 posts

I got mine via email...

We all have our different methods.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

We all have our different methods.

Just as long as mine ain't ever like Binks'!!!

:lol:

Binks

Binks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,749 posts

Just as long as mine ain't ever like Binks'!!!

:lol:

Binks doesn't want to get a job the way that Train says that Binks did.

Cash on the side is something different buuuuuuut... :lol:

dotThink

dotThink

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Unless you have a masters or phd from an ivy league school nobody gives a shit about your college education once you've been in the real world for more than a couple of years. All that matters is your work history, a well written resume without typos and bad grammar and how well you interview. Take the calls for the jobs at companies you've never heard of, give 'em a couple of years for resume fodder and then you'll find something else.

(No, I'm not talking out of my ass, I've interviewed well over 500 people in the past 10 years and hired 100+)

Since the beginning...

UpTheMetro

UpTheMetro

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
Bumping this thread cause my life still sucks. Anyone still in the same boat?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users