• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 galaxyforever13

galaxyforever13

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:LA GALAXY<br />LA LAKERS<br />UCLA BRUINS<br />LONG BEACH STATE 49ERS<br />MAN CITY
  • Supports:LA GALAXY, Man City, USMNT

Posted 20 September 2007 - 02:05 PM

hey.
my name's chris and have been a G fanatic since before the very first kickoff. i went to the ver first game at the rose bowl and have been to (on average) about 10 games a season. i currently get y tix through ebay because im a broke college student. but i am dying to join section TRS. it is my dream for the galaxy to play in an environment like europe, with the crowd in a constant chant. i believe that responsibility is left up to us the fans. only the fans can make that dream a reality. hopefully one day TRS will cover the whole stadium. i was wondering if i would be abe to have my tix from ebay transfered to section 138 on gameday. or do i have to buy season tix. i would love to but im a broke student. as it is i spend most of my spare change on our GALAXY. even though our side is struggling it is more than worth it. any suggestions or if u know for sure please let me know.

hope to join u all soon!
chris
"If you go out with a girl and they say she has a great personality, she's ugly. If they tell you a guy works hard, he can't play a lick. Same thing."---Charles Barkley

#2 AboutaSith

AboutaSith

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Interests:Football, Football, Football! Film, Music - listening and concert going, Baseball, Ice Hockey.
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, Liverpool, St Mirren

Posted 20 September 2007 - 02:08 PM

Welcome noob!
You have the capacity to learn from your mistakes. You will learn a lot today.
C'mon the Galaxy!
Liverpool for the Premier League,FA Cup & League Cup!
St Mirren for a top half finish in the SPL!
C'mon Angels!
Google+

#3 HoondogsRunAmuck

HoondogsRunAmuck

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 20 September 2007 - 02:23 PM

Try the "Tickets, Fantasy League and Pick-up Soccer Thread" for starters.

It has info regarding people selling tickets at LARS discounted prices and, if you are ever flush, info on season tickets in section 138 (home of The Riot Squad) which include great discounted prices. Thank you Geezuses!

...and welcome.

#4 DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,068 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, US, Newcastle, England

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:20 PM

Welcome to LARS Chris.

If you're feeling adventurous, you can just show up in lot 13 before the game and ask around if anybody has any tickets.

They go for anywhere from $10 to $24.

For most games, you can just get a ticket where ever and sneak over into section 138, but for some games they check.

You can also hang out in the "Buena Vista Social Club", at the top of 138 which is where all of the smokers hang out for good portions of the game.

#5 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 20 September 2007 - 06:45 PM

For most games, you can just get a ticket where ever and sneak over into section 138, but for some games they check.

That might be okay for one game to 'feel us up'- or is it feel us out'? Me no speaka ingles.

But more appropriately, call the LARS rep:

Chris Zepeda 310-630-2231
czepeda@tvn.com

Buying tickets specifically as LARS tickets is how we get can get at least some breaks for being "trouble makers" and "instigators".

Paraphrasing SBones, to join:

- Get a ticket in 138
- pre/post game in Lot 13 at your leisure
- Join in the festivities
- Cheer on the team, unless you've given up hope
- Don't be a dick
- Buy the "president of the Galaxians" a beer

#6 TommyMack

TommyMack

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 11:07 PM

Greetings Chris. My name is Tommy Mack, and I am TEH President of the Galaxians*.

As you are new to LARS, you owe me a beer. I'm easy to find... tall, atomic white hair, randomly dressed like a priest, and playing drums.

Just show up in Lot 13 at the far edge by the street. I'll introduce you around...

TMACK

* Get someone else to explain that.

#7 galaxyforever13

galaxyforever13

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:LA GALAXY<br />LA LAKERS<br />UCLA BRUINS<br />LONG BEACH STATE 49ERS<br />MAN CITY
  • Supports:LA GALAXY, Man City, USMNT

Posted 21 September 2007 - 12:41 AM

thanks for all of the useful tips guys. i will most likely be out of town for the game sunday. but i will def be there 10/13 and 10/18 for the last two games. TMAC, i'll will def. get u a beer, ill try finding u. hopefully will make it out to lot 13 too to get to know people a little.
"If you go out with a girl and they say she has a great personality, she's ugly. If they tell you a guy works hard, he can't play a lick. Same thing."---Charles Barkley

#8 We Need Ngwenya

We Need Ngwenya

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy, LARS, US Nats

Posted 21 September 2007 - 10:01 AM

* Get someone else to explain that.

http://www.soccerpub...p...9286&st=480

From today's Daily Bulletin (BTW, I used to play against the writer):

Inadvertant leak gives fans look at Galaxy's new-look uniforms
Adidas.com pulls post of soccer jersey

BY BILLY WITZ, Staff Writer
Article Launched: 07/06/2007 12:00:00 AM PDT

This image of the new jersey was accidentally posted online. (adidas.com)«1»Over the past six months, the look of the Galaxy's new uniforms, which were to be unveiled next week with the bright-lights arrival of David Beckham, had been guarded by the team and adidas with Fort Knox-like security.

As it turns out, the kit's out of the bag.

The new uniform was inadvertently posted for a brief time last weekend on adidas.com before the mistake was noticed and the item was pulled by Sunday.

Adidas, Galaxy and Major League Soccer, who have spent months planning the details on how best to maximize the impact of Beckham's arrival, have been scrambling since to keep the new look under wraps.
Orders that had been paid for were canceled and postings of the redesigned jerseys on message boards that do business with the league and adidas were deleted.

But a few soccer fans had managed to download the image of the white home jersey with the dark blue and gold trim, and newly designed crest, before it was pulled from the virtual shelves, and were able to post it on the Internet.

Officials with the Galaxy and adidas acknowledged the image had gotten out, but declined comment and would not verify whether the white home jersey, or the dark blue away top with gold, black and blue detail and Beckham's name and his number 23 across the back were the ones that are to be made available for sale Wednesday - two days before Beckham is slated to wear it at his introductory news conference at the Home Depot Center.

To Tommy Mack, there is little doubt.

President of the team's fan club, the Galaxians, Mack noticed the new jersey as he browsed adidas.com on Saturday night, ordered one for $65, and paid extra to have it delivered the next day. But Sunday he received a notice that his order had been canceled.

Mack said he doesn't mind waiting until next week to order the jersey, but he does welcome the new color scheme, a marked change from the green, gold and white the team currently wears.

"It will be a lot easier to wear an all-white jersey in public rather than a mustard yellow one with a green stripe," Mack said. "For once, the uniform looks something like what a galaxy might look like."

The new uniforms are an important step in the re-branding of the Galaxy, which commenced with the signing of Beckham, according to sports industry analysts. The Galaxy's owner, Anschutz Entertainment Group, envisions the club as a global player in the soccer world.

"It's all part of them saying, 'This is the new Galaxy. This is the new Beckham,'" said Jeff Fellenzer, who teaches a course on sports business and media at USC's Annenberg School for Communication.

Adidas, which entered into a 10-year, $150 million sponsorship agreement with MLS in 2004, expects the new Galaxy jerseys to become the top selling soccer jersey in the United States, a distinction that now belongs to foreign clubs, according to a company official.

"This is no less than a re-launch of the league to an entirely new audience," said Marc Ganis, president of SportsCorp, a Chicago-based sports industry consulting firm. "New uniforms make perfect sense ... it's a once in a blue-moon opportunity to give yourself a second chance to make a first impression."

billy.witz@dailynews.com

"I love Chris Klein...he's going to Heaven" - ZC

#9 Dude Love

Dude Love

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy

Posted 21 September 2007 - 12:57 PM

As you are new to LARS, you owe me a beer.

(You don't actually. No dues, no memberships.)

(A couple of trademarks that you're not allowed to infringe upon but...never mind, long story. Welcome to the Squad.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users