Metro4LIFE

Metro4LIFE

Electron Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,421 posts
  • Interests:Metro, Graffiti, Art, Hookers
  • Supports:Metro

In football, baseball, basketball, and even hockey there are so many breaks in action that concessions see a more steady flow of people. In soccer, there are no breaks except at halftime.

Actually, having worked concession stands in my youth(95-98), this isnt totally accurate. Although I can see why you would think this. Both football and basketball had similar "rushes" to soccer. In fact I would stand around doing nothing for most of the game except at the beginning then halftime. While during the game you would get like 5 people coming up sporadically. During halftime it will get incredibly busy but the staff would try to be prepared for this by having premade food and having dedicated pourers. I dont think I ever really got a "training" session but they did put me with a more experienced person to show me the ropes the first day. And it wasnt rocket science after the first day I knew how to do everything.

Granted both GS and Continental Arena were around for 20+ years by the time I got there and some people there had been with the company since the stadium opened. They did a far better job than RBA does. And training SOME of the staff DOES pay off. If youre able to increase the intake by even 10% that more than pays for their training day and hiring a trainer(who is probably someone on the Del North Staff already)

Soy Del Metrooooo, Del Metro soy yoooooooo!

FootballClubMaps.com :: High Quality Football Posters from around the globe. Get yours today!

BlancDaBody

BlancDaBody

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Coventry City, USMNT
One server didnt know to tilt the cup while she was pouring my beer. I was standing there coaching her and perfecting her form until another server showed up and did it. Must have been her first day on the job.

Don't need no suds in my shit!
"I'm Thierry Henry, BITCH!"
"I'M STRONG!" - Thierry Henry

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team

Just heard a new radio spot for Saturday's game on ESPN 1050.

Good news, I was afraid the marketing campaign might just be for the opener.

Again it won't produce huge initial results at the gate but is a vital element in increasing RBNY awareness.

It's nice, but not enough. Real awareness is when the final scores and match highlights appear on NY1!

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users