JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Taxi called up to Jamaica

An important decision to be made.
What message does Lawrence send, if he decides to join Jamaica for a meaningless friendly?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

An important decision to be made.
What message does Lawrence send, if he decides to join Jamaica for a meaningless friendly?

Immediately after Armas said he was fully fit and ready to play...? How dare he.

It's a FIFA date, he can't just refuse to go, wouldn't be eligible to play for us om the weekend anyway.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO

It's a FIFA date, he can't just refuse to go, wouldn't be eligible to play for us om the weekend anyway.

He wouldn't be eligible to play because it's a FIFA date?

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts

He wouldn't be eligible to play because it's a FIFA date?

Correct, unless Jamaica agrees, he must report for 48 hours for official friendly dates when called up. So no, he can't just unilaterally decide to play vs Orlando and not travel for their game. If him/Jamaica/RBNY all reach an agreement, then that's a completely different matter.

FIFA Rules:

2. The release of players under the terms of paragraph 1 of this article is mandatory for matches on dates listed in the coordinated international match calendar and for all matches for which a duty to release players exists on the basis of a special decision by the FIFA Executive Committee.

3. It is not compulsory to release players for matches scheduled on dates not listed in the coordinated international match calendar.

4. Players must also be released for the period of preparation before the match, which is laid down as follows:

a) friendly matches: 48 hours;

A player who has been called up by his association for one of its representative teams is, unless otherwise agreed by the relevant association, not entitled to play for the club with which he is registered during the period for which he has been released or should have been released pursuant to the provisions of this annexe. This restriction on playing for the club shall, moreover, be prolonged by five days in the event that the player, for whatsoever reason, did not wish to or was unable to comply with the call-up.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

How do they call him up if he hasn't played for us?

Lade LB
Duncan RB

Wonder if Buckmaster gets put on bench as fullback depth or if we would just move Tarek to LB and Nealis to CB.

Lade - Tarek - Parker - Duncan

if lade / duncan gets injured my guess

Tarek - Nealis - Parker - Duncan / Lade 

Would have to be the Nealis in, Tarek out to left back. Buckmaster is on a USL contract and was only eligible for the CCL matches due to their roster rules allowing it. Of course, we could sign Buckmaster just like we did with Ethan Kutler last season when our depth was thin.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro
I hope Tarek can hang vs his former team. A couple clearances were rather poor of him that nearly cost us. Hopefully its just form.

His FIFA rating actually surprised me at 71. Parker is 72...

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Well those ratings are a joke then.

Tarek is my big worry for sure but hopefully we play enough in their end where it doesn't matter too much.

wors1986

wors1986

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Nani against Lade is worrying me already

In the 101

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Calling it now. 20k butts in seats. Oohs and aahs every time Nani gets the ball. Nani scores a brace and Orlando beats a short handed metro, just like last year

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Kemar can refuse to go because he is not 100% -- that's what Nagbe did last year... then miraculously recovered to beat us in the playoffs.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts

Calling it now. 20k butts in seats. Oohs and aahs every time Nani gets the ball. Nani scores a brace and Orlando beats a short handed metro, just like last year

Portuguese contingent out for Nani? 20k seems optimistic

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts

Kemar can refuse to go because he is not 100% -- that's what Nagbe did last year... then miraculously recovered to beat us in the playoffs.

There is a difference between refusing to go and him/the club working with the national federation to let him sit one out.

Also there's strategic mastermind Chris Armas with his interview from this week.
Http://www.frontrowsoccer.com/2019/03/17/ready-to-roll-armas-says-lawrence-is-back-to-full-fitness/amp/

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

With all the sections closed off we can't even hit 20k seats now, place won't even be close to packed.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

I hope Tarek can hang vs his former team. A couple clearances were rather poor of him that nearly cost us. Hopefully its just form.

His FIFA rating actually surprised me at 71. Parker is 72...

Long is 74

Parker is 73

Tarek is 71

Nealis is 60

Tarek got a 71 last season in July when they were playing well, hes probably a tad over-rated but hasnt really played poorly to justify it. Plus the algorithm for overall is a little wonky he is literally the highest rated sliding tackle 81 in the entire league.

Chris Armas said Tim Parker rolled his ankle on Saturday. Player did some light training today. Is an option for this weekend. #RBNYMLS_19_RBNY.png

Jeez looking at

Lade - Tarek - Nealis - Duncan

with Davis coming in as a defender anywhere if anyone goes down

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

With all the sections closed off we can't even hit 20k seats now, place won't even be close to packed.

But we've never tried pandering to the local ethnic community before

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users