558 replies to this topic

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

according to the extra time folks, clark move to liepzig is not happening due to pandemic concerns. he is staying with RBNY. 

Sounds like an easy excuse. The pandemic hasn't stopped the transfers that teams really want to make happen.

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Sounds like an easy excuse. The pandemic hasn't stopped the transfers that teams really want to make happen.

if that means we get to keep a good attacking player, who cares?

i guess this is one of the perks of owning multiple teams. 

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I think you are joking but that is the way to do it. Unfortunately teams can hold us hostage for a lot of GAM if we obviously want Clark back.

This is true but there's always been an unofficial agreement in MLS to not fuck with each other's shit. Allocation Order was borne out of the Dempsey shit show. Pragmatically, everyone knows Leipzig isn't going to send him to fucking San Jose or Cincinnati because of some shitty MLS technicality. If the league lost Clark to some team in Austria or Scotland because San Jose or Montreal held RBNY hostage via allocation semantics for a player they never had a chance of acquiring it probably would not go over well in the league office.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

according to the extra time folks, clark move to liepzig is not happening due to pandemic concerns. he is staying with RBNY. 

i think thats a stale report from before the allocation issue things popped up.  Usually those guys dont keep up with team specific updates that well.   I think its very 50/50 now based on Veth.  i hope it doesnt happen unless we have a precontract for a 10 this summer already done.  Clark could rebound next year but i dont want to find out on our dime.  we have so many solid but not great 10 options that adding one more sucks

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

there's always been an unofficial agreement in MLS

Until people stop acting like gentlemen.

everyone knows Leipzig isn't going to send him to San Jose or Cincinnati because of some MLS technicality.

Does that stop all MLS teams from acting up?

If the league lost Clark it probably would not go over well in the league office.

Does RB have any friends in the MLS FO?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

we have a precontract for a 10 this summer already done.

Doubt that they get a player that isn't for 2023 in the upcoming transfer window. Whoever we get now will be the ones counted on, flyers only in July. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

if that means we get to keep a good attacking player, who cares?

i guess this is one of the perks of owning multiple teams. 

Oh I'm not complaining we'd get to keep Clark at all. Just saying it's an indication they don't think he's good enough to help RBL at the moment.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I'm fine with him getting more exp here. If it's six months only, fuck it. Maybe by then we'll see one of Casseres/Carmona/Omir take that spot alongside [Capt] Morgan, supporting Klimala. imo, in the 3-4-2-1, Clark's spot as one of the 2, is his to lose.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

I'm fine with him getting more exp here. If it's six months only, fuck it. Maybe by then we'll see one of Casseres/Carmona/Omir take that spot alongside [Capt] Morgan, supporting Klimala. imo, in the 3-4-2-1, Clark's spot as one of the 2, is his to lose.

for a team that looks at stats there is no data driven reason to start Clark over Omir.  Plus given that Omir is here permanently i'd be more curious if he can keep up this pace for a full season.  Only issue with Omir is that i think he is only a fit for the 3-4-2-1.  hes not creative enough to play as a single 10 and isnt pacey enough to be a pure winger.  But in the 3-4-2-1 you play into his strengths (quick decisions in penalty area, solid finisher).  He just needs to do things that help us get to the box.

https://fbref.com/en.../Omir-Fernandez

https://fbref.com/en...d0d/Caden-Clark

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

If he won't be here for the playoffs, I don't want him taking minutes from the players who will be.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

If he won't be here for the playoffs, I don't want him taking minutes from the players who will be.

I prefer taking minutes to players burning out.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona
Not sure if this is a reliable source but this guy seems pretty sure Clark will sign a loan through at least the summer.

https://twitter.com/...S0KS-m3dSg&s=19

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
Hes back in new york so it tracks

Bjorn The Bear

Bjorn The Bear

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Supports:RBNY - Nets - USMNT

Not sure if this is a reliable source but this guy seems pretty sure Clark will sign a loan through at least the summer.

https://twitter.com/...S0KS-m3dSg&s=19

he does a usmnt show on youtube, and caden called in live one episode, so i'd say it's definitely reliable 

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
Ive confirmed he will be back with the team Monday was finalized Friday

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users