• Please log in to reply
569 replies to this topic

#1 El_Dude

El_Dude

Steve Sampson Groupie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Pizza and Boyzzzz! And Galaxy! And BEER!
  • Supports:no one...they support me!

Posted 26 January 2007 - 10:43 PM

Just got home and clearly something like this should have been done a while back...

got any questions? let them be heard....

ticket discounts, what color are we?, are a really a secret society of pagan goat worshipers? ask and you will get a response...

got suggestions? let them be heard....

want us to be yellow, you want to pay dues, you want to have beer gardens at every game...
STEVE SAMPSON; STILL THE GREATEST COACH OF THE LA GALAXY. EVER. PERIOD. EXCLAMATION POINT. NUF SAID. JAJAJA!

#2 stagnant1

stagnant1

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 10:54 PM

Ask the First XI legitimate questions and get answers such as;

This would never happen If we were more like England and MLS was a single table and we had the captain of England on are team and we stopped using run on sentences to make ponts that go nowhere when at times I smell like shiny

or!

Sometimes I cry at night.

#3 El_Dude

El_Dude

Steve Sampson Groupie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Pizza and Boyzzzz! And Galaxy! And BEER!
  • Supports:no one...they support me!

Posted 26 January 2007 - 11:01 PM

First thing is first, this post kind of sums up where we are...

But I think the FIRST XI needs to first organize themselves... mission, standards, structures, recruitment, merchandise, communications, etc... before suggestions from the body can be fully vetted and considered in full.

I don't know that we have a party line yet, cause we are still working on that...give us time and we'll get an answer--even if it reads "ASK AGAIN LATER"

a question about ticketing--i for one wouldn't mind purchasing a whole section and having us sell them back to us at a discount. thing is i don't want to be a ticket agent and make sure that "Member X" isn't bouncing checks. i think most everyone here would feel the same way when you put them in charge of making back $$$$. we still are 9 days old and maybe this time next year we'll at this point. for now we aren't.

as far as colors go--it seems if you boil down that thread we got all hot and bothered by a two essential issues. do we all wear the same color? what color is it? the later question is easy. We don't know! Word on the beach is that when beckham comes, our colors go! So it's really too fucking early to decide "let's all buy Gold Shirts on January 26" The former question then stands. Do we want to wear the same color? The answers are easy. Yes! No! I don't care. I don't know. If we lay off the personal attacks and stop being so sensitive, this should be something very simple to figure out.

Getting a little off topic here...Personally I don't want someone telling me how to dress come game day. I'm very superstitious and well every time i wear that damn RS shirt they loose. I'm not wearing it to games cause I like when the g's win!
STEVE SAMPSON; STILL THE GREATEST COACH OF THE LA GALAXY. EVER. PERIOD. EXCLAMATION POINT. NUF SAID. JAJAJA!

#4 andric

andric

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy

Posted 27 January 2007 - 12:03 AM

Wow, it's Friday what the hell happened to everyone? I worked twice as long as usual today (eight whole hours), I haven't had one drink, haven't know the comfort of a womans touch in forever, and I'm not this bitter. I even lost my mailbox key & MP3 player this week no music or raudulent welfare checks for me!

I wear what is clean come gameday I try to make sure it's Galaxy related. I do like the idea of people wearing a color if enough people want to do it great others might follow.

So here is my question to the XI.

Where the hell, in my tiny 1BD/1BA apartment is my frikken mailbox key & MP3 player?
------------------------------------------------------
"Chad Barrett was totally angry when he was subbed out. I think he was angry that he was Chad Barrett." - Chalky

#5 HoondogsRunAmuck

HoondogsRunAmuck

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 27 January 2007 - 12:13 AM

And the growing pains begin.

Some people take this stuff WAY to seriously, and personally. Others, just the opposite.

Regardless:

Dear First XI'ish,

Aren't these discussion boards? I feel censored.

Sincerely,
Raq of "The Remaining Lemmings"

I hope I don't find myself back up top, sitting quietly, golf-clapping in the bleachers.

Side note: I haven't had a cancer stick in 4 days. I am a bitch!

#6 twigg

twigg

whiskey - fueled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts
  • Interests:The game. It's history, it's personalities, it's rivalries.
  • Supports:Liverpool, Eintracht, Distillery

Posted 27 January 2007 - 12:20 AM

Jee-zus.

This XI thing was supposed to give us a modicum of organization to try to help grow the group and get us more swag. That's what we want, right? Can we all agree on that?

This shit's getting fucking ridiculous and resurrecting everything I hated about high school. HIGHfuckingSCHOOL!

For fuck's sake people, this is:

A) supposed to be fun

B) a work in progress

The season starts in just over two months. Can we get a little time to figure out what we're doing? I'm 99% sure that this is going to be great for LARS in the long run, but give us a minute, huh?

In a month, if you don't like my 'rowing' then fucking fire me. I'll gladly repay my salary and benefits as I'm sure will the rest of the guys who've invested the time and energy to make something good even better.

Or one of you with no patience who are happy with 50 people per game and little or no swag, start a fucking poll...

Starting XI - good or bad.

If democracy shuts usw down then I'll be happy to spend more time doing what I should be doing, joining the other 49 at games to chant the same 5 song over and over while bitching about how the Galaxians, people in every section but 138, and Memo's cat get better treatment than us.
Coimhead fearg fhear na foighde. Beware the anger of a patient man, - Gaelic Proverb

Sam's Club

#7 S.Bones

S.Bones

Dir. of Football Operations

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 27 January 2007 - 01:33 AM

Where the hell, in my tiny 1BD/1BA apartment is my frikken mailbox key & MP3 player?

Next to my classroom key, my driver's license, four socks, and two sets of keys.

#8 ESCO

ESCO

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts
  • Supports:LAG | LFC

Posted 27 January 2007 - 06:42 PM

Where are the majority of our flags?

How we would go about getting more flags?

Would it have to be out of pocket?

#9 Section 18 Hooligan

Section 18 Hooligan

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 07:14 PM

1. at the stadium, we pick them up before each match

2. working on it (waiting for color-change announcement)

3. perhaps, however see above

#10 Qamle

Qamle

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • Supports:LA

Posted 27 January 2007 - 07:15 PM

suggestion: pick a color and wear it. There was a good dialogue going but it got closed for some reason.

edit* oh sweet I just noticed it's been reopened!

#11 Morgoth

Morgoth

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts
  • Supports:B&G FC

Posted 27 January 2007 - 07:19 PM

the original batch slowly vanished. i think some sticky fingers may have taken a couple. drunken people may have destroyed a couple. as for the rest, i honestly don't know. there were 10 at first. some new ones came into lars (from the FO? from lars?) over the last couple seasons. so the total number of flags is unknown (to me).

anybody is welcome to make some more or get some more made. anybody have word on if the FO is pitching in?

if you want it to be, sure. or you can start a collection. i did that a few years ago. thank you all for your contributions, i broke even and we all had a blast.

we should figure out how many we do have at this time and figure out if that number will make do for the remainder of the "gold & green" days. it would probably be best to save up any funds for the new look paraphanelia needed for the second half of the season.

and for that second "new look" half, i suggest going balls out!

EDIT: and what s18hooligan said
)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))+++++++++
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
++++++++++++))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

#12 DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,068 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, US, Newcastle, England

Posted 28 January 2007 - 11:41 AM

This XI thing was supposed to give us a modicum of organization to try to help grow the group and get us more swag. That's what we want, right? Can we all agree on that?

For fuck's sake people, this is:

A) supposed to be fun

B) a work in progress

Agreed - this is supposed to be fun. Also agreed that we do need a wee bit of organization - there's just been too much bickering.

That said - I offer these constructive criticisms about how what I see being done so far. These comments are not meant to offend anyone, or start an argument - it's just feedback:

1. The First XI is self appointed - nobody voted for any of you. I don't know how many LARS members would want to get together to have a vote, but know that you will have difficulty getting this mob to recognize the First XI as legitimate leaders. We've essentially gone from "Benevolent Dictatorship" to "Communist Party Rule".

2. The name "First XI" is too elitist. What does that make the rest of LARS? "70th minute super subs"? "Reserve Team"? "Bench Warmers"? If the First XI is a temporary group that will decide how things will be organized in the future, then the name is fine, but if this is the organization, then we need a name that doesn't smack of class distinction.

3. Between having self appointed yourselves as leaders and coming up with an elitist name, the First XI has essentially placed a "Kick me Hard" sign their backs. So don't be surprised when people make less than complimentary comments about how things are being done. And for Pete's sake don't tell people to stop bitching or whining when they offer different ideas about how things should be organized.

Conclusion:

Again - please don't anyone take any of the above personally. As Twigg said, this is a work in progress, so let's be civilized about this. However, the way this is being done so far just isn't going to be very popular with the mob that is LARS.

Keep trying.

#13 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Pachuca

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:04 PM

Stuff.

Actually, if the 14 members of the First XI learned to do the Hakka, and did it before every home game [and actually got other LARSers to do the same] I would follow their leadership unconditionally.

Can you imagine 138, rows A-M doing the Hakka?

#14 The Snow Beast

The Snow Beast

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:34 PM

It has been rumored that they crack the whip

#15 Nines

Nines

Reserve Team

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:47 PM

Agreed - this is supposed to be fun. Also agreed that we do need a wee bit of organization - there's just been too much bickering....

I think the concept of the First XI is great (and is good for newbies like me) and all the reasons it was conceived... but could go south for all the reasons people fear... so don't let fear take over, accept and HAVE FUN....

Forming - Storming - Norming - Performing

...and besides, I don't think anybody associated with LARS takes themselves all that seriously, just our missions... so I'm glad those in the First XI, which had to start somewhere and with somebody, have taken on the challenge. God speed.

Question:

1) For those who bought tickets elsewhere... and may come late to the knowledge of LARS (ie: mid season)... Will they be able to stand with LARS from time to time. In other words... are Squatters (whos seats elsewhere are/were unavoidable) still welcome?

2) Is sponsorship of a season ticket in 138 welcome?

Thats all.

In LARS I Trust.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users