• Please log in to reply
269 replies to this topic

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

I honestly think they need to give the death penalty to the football program at least. This whole story is worse than anything I've ever heard.

Lack of institutional control

If Miami didn't get the book thrown at them, then Penn State better. If PSU doesn't, then disband the NCAA.

Matrim55

Matrim55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts
  • Supports:Metros

Lack of institutional control

If Miami didn't get the book thrown at them, then Penn State better. If PSU doesn't, then disband the NCAA.

Yup.

Matrim55

Matrim55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts
NY Times reporting that Paterno's on his way out.

Apparently the presser was canceled today because the addled old coward wanted to address the issue, and the school administration didn't trust him to put one word after another without making things worse.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO
Can we agree that this is the timeline as to what occurred? To be honest, I can't read it the whole way through, nor could I read past the first 10 paragraphs in the PDF that I linked. It sickened me utterly.

"1969 — Jerry Sandusky starts his coaching career at Penn State University as a defensive line coach.

1977 — Jerry Sandusky founds The Second Mile. It begins as a group foster home dedicated to helping troubled boys and grows into a charity dedicated to helping children with absent or dysfunctional families.

January 1983 — Associated Press voters select Penn State as college football’s national champion for the 1982 season.

January 1987 — Associated Press voters select Penn State as college football’s national champion for the 1986 season.

1994 — Boy known as Victim 7 in the report meets Sandusky through The Second Mile program at about the age of 10.

1994-95 — Boy known as Victim 6 meets Sandusky at a Second Mile picnic at Spring Creek Park when he is 7 or 8 years old.

1995-96 — Boy known as Victim 5, meets Sandusky through The Second Mile when he is 7 or 8, in second or third grade.

1996-97 — Boy known as Victim 4, at the age of 12 or 13, meets Sandusky while he is in his second year participating in The Second Mile program.

1996-98 — Victim 5 is taken to the locker rooms and showers at Penn State by Sandusky when he is 8 to 10 years old.

Jan. 1, 1998 — Victim 4 is listed, along with Sandusky’s wife, as a member of Sandusky’s family party for the 1998 Outback Bowl.

1998 — Victim 6 is taken into the locker rooms and showers when he is 11 years old. When Victim 6 is dropped off at home, his hair is wet from showering with Sandusky. His mother reports the incident to the university police, who investigate.

Detective Ronald Schreffler testifies that he and State College Police Department Detective Ralph Ralston, with the consent of the mother of Victim 6, eavesdrop on two conversations the mother of Victim 6 has with Sandusky. Sandusky says he has showered with other boys and Victim 6’s mother tries to make Sandusky promise never to shower with a boy again but he will not. At the end of the second conversation, after Sandusky is told he cannot see Victim 6 anymore, Schreffler testifies Sandusky says, “I understand. I was wrong. I wish I could get forgiveness. I know I won’t get it from you. I wish I were dead.”

Jerry Lauro, an investigator with the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare, testifies he and Schreffler interviewed Sandusky, and that Sandusky admits showering naked with Victim 6, admits to hugging Victim 6 while in the shower and admits that it was wrong.

The case is closed after then-Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar decides there will be no criminal charge.

May 1999 - In a meeting with Joe Paterno, Sandusky is told that he will not be the next Penn St head football coach.

June 1999 — Sandusky retires from Penn State but still holds emeritus status.

Dec. 28, 1999 — Victim 4 is listed, along with Sandusky’s wife, as a member of Sandusky’s family party for the 1999 Alamo Bowl.

Summer 2000 — Boy known as Victim 3 meets Sandusky through The Second Mile when he is between seventh and eighth grade.

Fall 2000 — A janitor named James Calhoun observes Sandusky in the showers of the Lasch Football Building with a young boy, known as Victim 8, pinned up against the wall, performing oral sex on the boy. He tells other janitorial staff immediately. Fellow Office of Physical Plant employee Ronald Petrosky cleans the showers at Lasch and sees Sandusky and the boy, who he describes as being between the ages of 11 and 13.

Calhoun tells other physical plant employees what he saw, including Jay Witherite, his immediate supervisor. Witherite tells him to whom he should report the incident. Calhoun was a temporary employee and never makes a report. Victim 8’s identity is unknown.

March 1, 2002 — A Penn State graduate assistant enters the locker room at the Lasch Football Building. In the showers, he sees a naked boy, known as Victim 2, whose age he estimates to be 10 years old, being subjected to anal intercourse by a naked Sandusky. The graduate assistant tells his father immediately.

March 2, 2002 — In the morning, the graduate assistant calls Coach Joe Paterno and goes to Paterno’s home, where he reports what he has seen.

March 3, 2002 — Paterno calls Tim Curley, Penn State Athletic Director to his home the next day and reports a version of what the grad assistant had said.

March 2002 — Later in the month the graduate assistant is called to a meeting with Curley and Senior Vice President for Finance and Business Gary Schultz. The grad assistant reports what he has seen and Curley and Schultz say they will look into it.

March 27, 2002 (approximate) — The graduate assistant hears from Curley. He is told that Sandusky’s locker room keys are taken away and that the incident has been reported to The Second Mile. The graduate assistant is never questioned by university police and no other entity conducts an investigation until the graduate assistant testifies in Grand Jury in December 2010.

April 15, 2005 - DA Gricar goes missing.

2005-2006 — Boy known as Victim 1 says that meets Sandusky through The Second Mile at age 11 or 12.

Spring 2007 — During the 2007 track season, Sandusky begins spending time with Victim 1 weekly, having him stay overnight at his residence in College Township, Pa.

Spring 2008 — Termination of contact with Victim 1 occurs when he is a freshman in a Clinton County high school. After the boy’s mother calls the school to report sexual assault, Sandusky is barred from the school district attended by Victim 1 from that day forward and the matter is reported to authorities as mandated by law.

Early 2009 — An investigation by the Pennsylvania attorney general begins when a Clinton County, Pa. teen boy tells authorities that Sandusky has inappropriately touched him several times over a four-year period.

September 2010 — Sandusky retires from day-to-day involvement with The Second Mile, saying he wants to spend more time with family and handle personal matters.

Nov. 5, 2011 — Sandusky is arrested and released on $100,000 bail after being arraigned on 40 criminal counts.

Nov. 7, 2011 — Pennsylvania Attorney General Linda Kelly says Paterno is not a target of the investigation into how the school handled the accusations. But she refuses to say the same for university President Graham Spanier. Curley and Schultz, who have stepped down from their positions, surrender on charges that they failed to alert police to complaints against Sandusky."

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
Possible 9th victim maybe coming forward?

Jesus Fucking H. Christ.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
and then there's the little bit about the Pennsylvania DA named Gricar.

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

and then there's the little bit about the Pennsylvania DA named Gricar.

I'm just going to pretend this was done with the Pentangelli voice.

(But yeah, more than a little frightening - almost seems like a potboiler novel than anything else)

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
"I want to have more wins than Eddie Robinson. That's the most important thing...Here's what I think about protecting kids."

Posted Image

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Does anyone know why this has come into the news now... as opposed to 10 years ago, 2 years ago, or last year?

What happened that triggered all this coverage in the last 3 days?

As an aside, apparent to me that everyone involved tried to cover this up. From the AD to the coaches to the rest of the Penn State network. The fact that nobody went to the police is simply stunning.

How does one see a grown man raping / giving oral sex to a young boy and not report that the police? Shocking and disturbing.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
read something last night, but i forgot where, i'll try and look for it later and i'll post.

i envision a shit load of decommits and transfers.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

read something last night, but i forgot where, i'll try and look for it later and i'll post.

i envision a shit load of decommits and transfers.

I saw one thing on Twitter from one of the college football beat writers requoting a recruit who was considering Penn State that due to this incident, he is no longer considering the school.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
matt put that up earlier in the thread.

i am referring to something else, but sorta similar.

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
shit... all of this is complete shit.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
well, now we have an extra song to sing at the Union supporters when we play them twice next yr.

Matrim55

Matrim55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts

"I want to have more wins than Eddie Robinson. That's the most important thing...Here's what I think about protecting kids."

Posted Image

Exactly! What a scumbag.

And the hits just keep coming, by the way:

In a related development, a Philadelphia-area congressman called on U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan to investigate whether Penn State violated a federal law requiring colleges and universities to report campus crime in its handling of the Sandusky allegations.

"The failure to report the 2002 allegations would appear to break Penn State's own reporting methods for sexual abuse on campus," wrote Rep. Patrick Meehan, R-Pa., in a letter to Duncan. "Had the 2002 allegations been properly reported, investigated and disclosed, the later instances of abuse could have been prevented and future victims protected."

http://espn.go.com/c...paterno-eroding

Shut. It. Down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users