Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, football, hockey, basketball, baseball
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Going to lose a lot of fans due to BLM political stuff. I am tired of it after all the violence and anti-police stuff I have seen.  Not watching it anymore as i watch soccer and Red Bulls to get away from anti-police policies, not to support them.  Send a message about the hundreds of inner city  shootings every weekends in NY, Philadelphia and Chicago and I will support that.

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Going to lose a lot of fans due to BLM political stuff. I am tired of it after all the violence and anti-police stuff I have seen.  Not watching it anymore as i watch soccer and Red Bulls to get away from anti-police policies, not to support them.  Send a message about the hundreds of inner city  shootings every weekends in NY, Philadelphia and Chicago and I will support that.

(copying and pasting from my response to you in the RBNY vs ATL match thread): Door is that way. Enough other fans here that you won't be missed.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Door is that way. Enough other fans here that you won't be missed.

To quote Lewis Black: This, of course, is complete bullshit.
If you, or anyone else here, thinks that you have the right or authority to impose some political litmus test on our shrinking fan base, you are wrong.
No one wants fascists here, but no one should be claiming that anyone who expresses a contrary option is one.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

To quote Lewis Black: This, of course, is complete bullshit.
If you, or anyone else here, thinks that you have the right or authority to impose some political litmus test on our shrinking fan base, you are wrong.
No one wants fascists here, but no one should be claiming that anyone who expresses a contrary option is one.

Your point about judging people unfairly is well taken. On the other hand, as you stated, its so easy to bypass most of the BLM coverage. So why are people publicly railing against BLM In the MLS broadcast? Its avoidable, yet still bothers them. Just tune in a few moments after kickoff... or 8:47 into the match if youre watching the Montreal Impact...

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

BLM is a message about exactly that, dude. You're just not listening. Or are intentionally not listening because you don't like what the solutions are. BLM isn't just about getting police to stop killing people. It's about justice in economics, education, healthcare, and so on. Want shootings in the inner city to go down? Fund education. Fund after school programs. Give them healthcare. Get people accessible help for mental health issues. We can afford that if we tax rich people and take away the heavy portions of police funding that go towards giving Officer Shithead tanks and tactical gear he doesn't need when getting paid overtime to  frisk 17-year-old's for weed. And then crime will go dramatically down. 

But you don't want to talk about that. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

why are people publicly railing against BLM In the MLS broadcast? Its avoidable, yet still bothers them.

Perhaps it is being laid on a bit thick.
I tend to tune in late, or mute until I see play begin.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Perhaps it is being laid on a bit thick.
I tend to tune in late, or mute until I see play begin.

It's being laid on thick because society didn't listen the first 5 million times. If your spouse doesn't do the dishes once you're going to let it slide or ask politely for him/her to clean up. If your spouse repeatedly ignores household responsibilities for a year and you're going to get in his/her face with it. "Please be more subtle in your begging to not be killed by society" is a pretty laughable demand.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
It should be thicker.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

It's being laid on thick because society didn't listen the first 5 million times.

If 5 million black people have been murdered by anyone in this country, it is each other.

If your spouse doesn't do the dishes once you're going to let it slide or ask politely for him/her to clean up. If your spouse repeatedly ignores household responsibilities for a year and you're going to

Burn The House Down would have been a better analogy.

Please be more subtle in your begging to not be killed by society" is a pretty laughable demand.

It is not society that is killing black people. It is each other.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

It should be thicker.

Burn something else down.
Set up another self-governing area that devolves into shooting and killing in 2 weeks.
I posted this website before. Note the title:
https://heyjackass.com/
https://m.facebook.c...ternal&mt_nav=0
100+ being shot in Chicago weekly.
BTW, the NYPD chief noted that EVERY person murdered in NYC since this began in May has been a POC. I do not think that any were killed by white people or the NYPD.
He also said that NYC had not had 100 shot in a month
since 1996. Well, until June 2020.
https://newyork.cbsl...s-tony-herbert/
Stay safe.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Burn something else down

Throw something else overboard.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Why is that?

Rhetorical.

Im not doing this if thats where your thought process starts and ends.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

(copying and pasting from my response to you in the RBNY vs ATL match thread): Door is that way. Enough other fans here that you won't be missed.

Not like they don't have plenty of tarps to use anyway if people actually leave over this lol

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

If 5 million black people have been murdered by anyone in this country, it is each other.
Burn The House Down would have been a better analogy.

Why don't you give us your theory on why black people are killing other black people? I'd love to hear an explanation from you that doesn't invoke the very socioeconomic problems I cited but also isn't racist. Good luck!

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts
  • Interests:Metro | USA | USMNT | Dortmund

BLM is a message about exactly that, dude. You're just not listening. Or are intentionally not listening because you don't like what the solutions are. BLM isn't just about getting police to stop killing people. It's about justice in economics, education, healthcare, and so on. Want shootings in the inner city to go down? Fund education. Fund after school programs. Give them healthcare. Get people accessible help for mental health issues. We can afford that if we tax rich people and take away the heavy portions of police funding that go towards giving Officer Shithead tanks and tactical gear he doesn't need when getting paid overtime to  frisk 17-year-old's for weed. And then crime will go dramatically down. 

But you don't want to talk about that. 

^ These are all important issues.

Another important issue is the below portion of BLM's mission statement on its website, why this is even part of their agenda, and why it is dangerous platform, particularly if their primary stated objective is that every black person has the social, economic, and political power to thrive:

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users