#1 ramsessalmeron

ramsessalmeron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:38 PM

So What does everyone think off all the shit that whent down during the off season???

#2 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:28 PM

Well, it is a shame that Honda has dropped out and there are only 9 teams now, but this is what happens in a tough global economy.

Max Mosley and Bernie Ecclestone seem to be set on ruining the sport. From all appearances they believe the fans come to see the rules and regulations, and not racing. I firmly believe that if they both left the sport, it'd be much better.

The whole idea of a single engine provider will kill the sport. Teams like McLaren, Toyota and Ferrari would drop out if they pass the rule.

I like the fact that they will be racing on slicks next year, but I still disagree with drivers being forced to use both compounds in a race. Just let them race.

The rules for the pits and the safety car need to be adjusted. Singapore showed us how dangerous it is to close the pits when the safety car comes out, stacking all of the cars together and then opening the pits. That is just asking for an accident to happen.

Forcing a McLaren made KERS on teams that want to use it is stupid. One of the great things about F1 is that positive innovations eventually filter down to production cars, and not allowing teams to create their own hurts this flow of innovation.

Not having a North American race on the calendar this year really pisses me off.

The idea of medals for winning races instead of points is stupid. While I am a huge Ferrari and Massa fan, the fact is that he lost on the track last year. That is what racing is about. On track performance over the whole season.

I hope the season is entertaining and we see a lot of good races, but the way things are moving leads me to believe that the sport is doomed.

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Twitter: BigTony_42

#3 cesar

cesar

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,146 posts
  • Supports:Women

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:42 PM

any chance we get to see these races in HD?
when is the 1st race? i assume it will be the Aussies hosting it again.

#4 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 08:01 PM

The calendar is:

29 March Australia
5 April Malaysia
19 April China
26 April Bahrain
10 May Spain
24 May Monaco
7 June Turkey
21 June Great Britain
12 July Germany
26 July Hungary
23 August Europe (Valencia)
30 August Belgium
13 September Italy
27 September Singapore
4 October Japan
18 October Brazil
1 November Abu Dhabi

#5 prrnrngr

prrnrngr

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts
  • Interests:The LA galaxy, The Sox, The DC5
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, Boston Red Sox

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:54 PM

Well, it is a shame that Honda has dropped out and there are only 9 teams now, but this is what happens in a tough global economy.

Max Mosley and Bernie Ecclestone seem to be set on ruining the sport. From all appearances they believe the fans come to see the rules and regulations, and not racing. I firmly believe that if they both left the sport, it'd be much better.

The whole idea of a single engine provider will kill the sport. Teams like McLaren, Toyota and Ferrari would drop out if they pass the rule.

I like the fact that they will be racing on slicks next year, but I still disagree with drivers being forced to use both compounds in a race. Just let them race.

The rules for the pits and the safety car need to be adjusted. Singapore showed us how dangerous it is to close the pits when the safety car comes out, stacking all of the cars together and then opening the pits. That is just asking for an accident to happen.

Forcing a McLaren made KERS on teams that want to use it is stupid. One of the great things about F1 is that positive innovations eventually filter down to production cars, and not allowing teams to create their own hurts this flow of innovation.

Not having a North American race on the calendar this year really pisses me off.

The idea of medals for winning races instead of points is stupid. While I am a huge Ferrari and Massa fan, the fact is that he lost on the track last year. That is what racing is about. On track performance over the whole season.

I hope the season is entertaining and we see a lot of good races, but the way things are moving leads me to believe that the sport is doomed.

I was so sad when I heard the news. Then to top it off.....Honda drops the s2000. Wtf. Are they becoming shitty Toyota? Buck! Ill need your help in my next new car purchase!

#6 The Sign Guy

The Sign Guy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy Arsenal

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:43 AM

Honda dropping out means no Rubens Barrichello. However the team itself is for sale and hopefully will return in time for 09. But its gonna be tough to not have Rubens after all these years not racing.

No North American race: Wtf?!?!?

Stupid rule changes every year keep making it lamer to watch

However, come March 29th I'll still be there rooting against Lewis Hamilton

#7 ramsessalmeron

ramsessalmeron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:58 PM

Anyone watch on speed channel the introduction of the USF1 today? Not much given away but it seems like their going to be on a budget thats down to the penny.

#8 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:24 PM

The drivers championship this year will be decided based on most victories, not points. I hate Bernie Ecclestone and Max Mosley. They are ruining the sport.

The whole idea of points is to reward the teams and drivers who do well throughout the season. Changing the championship into a "most race wins" style of competition will quickly slim down the number of competitors who actually have a chance at winning the drivers title, or it is going to decide the drivers title by mid season (if one driver dominates - which is strongly possible given McLaren's strong testing results).

Last season, the championship came down to the last turn of the last lap of the last race. You can't get any more exciting than that. Apparently Bernie and Max were unhappy with the final results.

Bernie & Max AKA:
Posted Image

EDIT: Jean Todt is officially leaving Ferrari. No word yet if he is joining another team.

#9 The Sign Guy

The Sign Guy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:47 PM

Under the new system, Felipe Massa would have won the championship last year not Hamilton. However, I still think the points system needs to be minimized to the top 5

#10 dirtyboy

dirtyboy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:05 PM

Auto racing series love to fuck things up. The old 10-6-4-3-2-1 (or something close to that) points system was perfect. It encouraged people to go for wins. I fucking hate things like NASCAR where points are thrown out like their nothing. Max and Bernie are the worst. Too many races in stupid places, the new rear wings look like shit and they've lined their pockets while fucking the fans over with $400 Sunday only general admission seats.

#11 The Sign Guy

The Sign Guy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:22 PM

Auto racing series love to fuck things up. The old 10-6-4-3-2-1 (or something close to that) points system was perfect. It encouraged people to go for wins. I fucking hate things like NASCAR where points are thrown out like their nothing. Max and Bernie are the worst. Too many races in stupid places, the new rear wings look like shit and they've lined their pockets while fucking the fans over with $400 Sunday only general admission seats.

The old system was PERFECT. I dont know why they expanded to the top 8 for points. Worst of all, as you mentioned dirtyboy, they keep fucking with the smallest tweaks for no reason i.e. the spoiler, tires, etc.. I just dont see how they think they can stay out of America for much longer. I'm tired of NASCAR and the stupid idiots who consider that competitive racing. Mosley and Ecclestone are just a bunch of turds who play with millions for fun and the fans suffer for their losses

#12 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:39 PM

The old system was PERFECT. I dont know why they expanded to the top 8 for points.

They enacted the point change because of Michael Schumacher. He was dominating too many races, constantly winning, so they tried to make 2nd place more valuable, so other drivers could compete for the championship. Back in the 80's and 90's, you got an extra point for winning pole position and one point for fastest lap. However, that allowed Senna and Prost to dominate even further, making the championship between those two only (so they took that away).

The one change that is good that they have made is going back to slicks. That should provide some mechanical grip that will allow cars to pass (hopefully). However with the smaller wing regulations, down-force becomes even more important, and losing direct air when they right behind someone could make passing even more difficult. Supposedly the higher wing requirements mean the cars are more likely to be under direct air in tight spaces, giving them better down force (at least in the corners), however I would suspect the taller profile of the car will hamper overall speed.

All of that said, it seems like the FIA thinks they are the show, more so than the race. All of the extra regulations and rule changes seem to push them in the fore front, making them the star. I'm getting tired of it. If things continue in the same course, in all likelihood, I will stop watching F1. It will be come as exciting to me as NASCAR.

Well, at least ALMS is still exciting to watch.

#13 ramsessalmeron

ramsessalmeron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:35 PM

I think ALMS will be at the long beach grand prix?

#14 dirtyboy

dirtyboy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:43 AM

Well, at least ALMS is still exciting to watch.

I’m not ready to throw in the towel with F1, but yes I agree – ALMS does rule. Looking forward to Sebring, even though I won’t be home and will probably end up watching it in fast-forward on my DVR.

Ramses – ALMS will be at Long Beach, but in my opinion it’s not a true sports car race. A sports car race should be a minimum 3 hours long and on a natural terrain road course. I’m a traditionalist when it comes to racing. If you want to see a real ALMS race go to Laguna Seca in October.

#15 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:00 PM

F1 Teams rebelling against the points system change.

The Formula One Teams' Association had earlier accused the FIA of acting outside the rules when it decided to change the points scoring system at a meeting in Paris.

FOTA added that the teams had "unanimously agreed to question the validity of this decision".

Good for them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users