• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts
  • Interests:The Beautiful Game & Ugly Tales
  • Supports:GALAXY!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:50 AM

Sucks boners.

Fuck yeah it does.

Very weak defensively. Who's gonna step up to replace Bocanegra and Dolo?

Dammit! Dammit! Dammit!

Posted Image

Posted Image
"That's life." -Bruce Arena

"There's no easy games in The MLS." -Robbie Keane

See You Later, My Friend!

#62 stopper

stopper

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,887 posts
  • Interests:Besides soccer? Golf, Asian girls, grilling, swilling good beer, petite syrah
  • Supports:Galaxy, USA. Xolos

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:59 AM

Bocanegra was done a long time ago. It scares me that he is still the number one option.

Our national team is not too bad, except for our backs. I think we need to consider a 3-5-2, since our strength is in midfield. But when you look at our depth in defense, it really is concerning. Based on what we've seen from our B teams, and our U23 team, I don't think we have enough good center backs to consider a 4-4-2, or even a 4-5-1 a go-to option.

By the way, if Klinsman likes the 4-5-1 based on the personnel available for the national team, is playing a 4-5-1 throughout the system the way he wants this to go? Has anyone watched Akron enough to know whether this is Porter's preferred system? Or, is he following orders?

This really sucks. HUGE STEP BACKWARDS!!!

#63 Slug

Slug

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy, U.S.A.

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:41 AM

Have the dark days of U.S. soccer begun? Part of me thinks they have. Sigi for USMNT coach!

Let's Eat!

#64 American Beer

American Beer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Supports:Whiskey & Pancakes

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:09 AM

They began when Brian McBride retired. We've been in trouble for a while...
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

Torrance Pickup Soccer @ Greenwood Park, 9:00am Saturday! Details here: https://www.facebook...yourLARiotSquad

#65 LOBO 13

LOBO 13

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Interests:Stuff
  • Supports:Creepers In Cardigans Soccer Club

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:34 AM

The 5-0 mauling of Cuba had the kids thinking they were better than they actually were.

One thing I kept noticing was the lack of on field leadership. Especially in the back. Almost zero communication.

That Sueno dude at LB was getting roasted and toasted all night, but he had almost no help from whoever was playing left-mid... Shea?

Joe Corona would have made a better captain than Freddy Adu. He was the only one who had the ref's ear during that match.

This generation of players lacks fight. They are a little soft to be honest. El Salvador did what you'd expect and they resorted to playing a bit chippy late in the match. They got under the US team's skin and they kept attacking. The kids buckled under the pressure.

Pretty fucking weak exit...

If you're not creepin', you're not trying...

#66 31Charlie

31Charlie

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Supports:L.A. Galaxy

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:00 AM

Why in every article about the game that I have read (yahoo, espn, ect) is there no mention about Byod being punched in the face but no card given. There was mention about guys being bitten, but nothing about the sucker punch.

I think it is crazy that in order for a player to be punished for a foul one of the four refs has to see it happen live. I remember when Zidane got red carded in the WC final, there was a five minute discussion between the refs about if any of them saw it happen. Sure the kept replaying it on the jumbotron, but if none of them saw it happen they couldn't give a red card. Why is FIFA so against replays on not only goals, but on fouls as well. Might help get rid of some silly red cards and have some just ones issued.

Obviously that doesn't take away from the fact that our boys pretty much gave up in stopage time and the Sean should have stopped that last goal.

Its pretty extreme to say our national team is doomed because of the failures of this team. There were a lot of bright spots. Our defense will be solid when Gonzo gets back from injury and its nice to see that we have a future striker or two.

#67 fredo9

fredo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:10 AM

Glad to hear this from Freddy:

Freddy Adu: “Words cannot describe how I feel right now. Thank u for all your support. I'll do whatever it takes to never feel this way again.”

I dunno about this one from Klinsi:

boss Jurgen Klinsmann, who was in Nashville yesterday, said after the match: "[I liked] what you saw in terms of style, pace of the game, technical elements in the game," Klinsmann said. "You saw that tonight, against Cuba, against Mexico. That is very important for us to see that we are on the right path here in terms of style of play."

#68 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

Why in every article about the game that I have read (yahoo, espn, ect) is there no mention about Byod being punched in the face but no card given. There was mention about guys being bitten, but nothing about the sucker punch.

I think it is crazy that in order for a player to be punished for a foul one of the four refs has to see it happen live.

Amen brother. The fact that there is rarely any after the fact disciplinary action taken by FIFA or the federations for shit like that and the blatant pansy ass time wasting is despicable.

Remember that one time 14 times the Salvies dove and writhed on the ground in pain stopping play. And there was one instance around the 65th where we were deep on the left wing and two guys go after a 50/50 header, we won it and the Salvie goes down in a heap like his kneecap fell off. Only the ref doesn't call anything and when it looks like we might have something develop, the Salvie jumps back up. Divingpeaceofshitfuckingcuntslimebags.

Not to say there were instances of our boys going down but geebuskristalmighty! Punish the dives swiftly and vehemently. Players will learn fast. Of course, it won't happen because the "gamesmanship is part of the game". My ass! Where Dirty D? Help me out here.

All that said, we STILL have no business losing to ES.

Obviously that doesn't take away from the fact that our boys pretty much gave up in stopage time and the Sean should have stopped that last goal.

At least we don't have to bother having that argument about who should be the number 1 - Hamid or Johnson - in the semis.

PS: Fuck you ES

PPS: Except Cien.

#69 Catamount

Catamount

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,634 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

I was unable to watch the ES game but I was worried this might happen. Here were my thoughts after the Canada game:
  • College coach with professional players...buy in?
  • Freddy Adu as captain, reflecting the heart and entitlement..er soul of the team.
  • CONCACAF development competition with referees also developmental. USA v anybody...yeah.
  • Does anybody really want to win the ball?
  • Are the players, coach and team committed to team defense?
  • Possession and movement require superior fitness and technical ability...Adu fit? Shea fit? Braun fit? or lack of desire?
  • Do the players know what they are trying to do together?
Wish I could find a replay. These thoughts haven't gone away.

Memo to Jurgen: At U23 results matter. If you really understand the American mindset you know that. Not going to London is an unacceptable result.

Will Porter be retained? It will be interesting to see.

:pint:

#70 31Charlie

31Charlie

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:00 PM

Klinsie just tweeted:

"A very tough loss for U-23s #USMNT. Proud of their effort."

"Learning to handle big disappointments at an early stage in their careers can make them stronger in the future."

Learning to win at an early stage might help a little bit more in their future, no?

Why didn't he just say "Im glad we lost, now when we lose in the future the team and the fans will be expecting it."

#71 fredo9

fredo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:32 PM

There should be consequences for damn dirty play!

Posted Image

Boyd gets punched and no ref sees it.

#72 bardgal

bardgal

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:35 PM

ok - Just getting this news....

Can someone explain why everyone on the roster is from the U-23 team?
Zidane, veuillez venir le jeu pour la Galaxy!

Ná glac pioc comhairle gan comhairle ban.

I'll trying being nicer, if you try being smarter.

#73 LOBO 13

LOBO 13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Interests:Stuff
  • Supports:Creepers In Cardigans Soccer Club

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

US players taking cheapshots is nothing new.

It's the response that matters.

WWBMD?

Posted Image

A lot a blame goes on Porter for starting Flores (or whatever his name is now) and Kitchen in that back four. Both those guys are midfielders by trade and it showed...

If you're not creepin', you're not trying...

#74 31Charlie

31Charlie

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

ok - Just getting this news....

Can someone explain why everyone on the roster is from the U-23 team?

The Olympic qualifying proces is done with all U-23 players. During the Olympics each team is allowed three players over the age of 23.

US players taking cheapshots is nothing new.

It's the response that matters.

WWBMD?

I was actually impressed with the teams reaction. Boyd kept his cool. The team didnt go out to retaliate. They also forgot to finish the game, but thats another story...

#75 bardgal

bardgal

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

The Olympic qualifying proces is done with all U-23 players. During the Olympics each team is allowed three players over the age of 23.

Merci.
Zidane, veuillez venir le jeu pour la Galaxy!

Ná glac pioc comhairle gan comhairle ban.

I'll trying being nicer, if you try being smarter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users