177 replies to this topic

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Sims has been nasty for Southampton this season. Hes really been troubling defenses down the wing.

Hell be 23 in a couple of months. I hope were fortunate enough to get him back this season.

I know just about every other team in MLS is making multi-million dollar signings for coveted players around the world.

Ignore that, as those teams fly by us in the standings.

This is exactly the impact signing every team in MLS is looking for.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,848 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Sims has been nasty for Southampton this season. Hes really been troubling defenses down the wing.

For the youth team? The reserves?

At what cost?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,454 posts

Hell be 23 in a couple of months. I hope were fortunate enough to get him back this season.

I know just about every other team in MLS is making multi-million dollar signings for coveted players around the world.

Ignore that, as those teams fly by us in the standings.

He has not made the 18 in EPL as far as Ive seen. Where?

Happy to have him back

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,507 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Sims has been nasty for Southampton this season. ...

He hasn't even played, has he?  Did you forget your sarcasm font?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,056 posts
  • Supports:Metro & USA

I don't the rules but my feeling is that Sims would have to wait until the transfer period to play again for Southampton.

Here is the SH lineup from yesterday

https://www.livescor...ton/6-18427954/

Borats

Borats

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Well, looks like Red Bulls are trying to get him still: "Sheffield Wednesday have been linked with a move for Sims and may have to battle Huddersfield Town & Red Bulls for his signature this month." https://sportslens.c...9-years/283641/

So far we lost three good players this year in Robles, Sims, and Murillo without bringing same quality to replace. This is considering roster needed help even before they left. I suppose Armas is counting on Valot, Muyl, and Buckmaster as key contributors this year, plus Meara and a rookie we drafted will cover GK.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,454 posts

Well, looks like Red Bulls are trying to get him still: "Sheffield Wednesday have been linked with a move for Sims and may have to battle Huddersfield Town & Red Bulls for his signature this month." https://sportslens.c...9-years/283641/

So far we lost three good players this year in Robles, Sims, and Murillo without bringing same quality to replace. This is considering roster needed help even before they left. I suppose Armas is counting on Valot, Muyl, and Buckmaster as key contributors this year, plus Meara and a rookie we drafted will cover GK.

Good to hear they are in the mix
For what reason have you seen Armas turning down 5-10-15 M transfers?
He doesnt control the $$$&

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,507 posts

I don't the rules but my feeling is that Sims would have to wait until the transfer period to play again for Southampton.

Here is the SH lineup from yesterday

https://www.livescor...ton/6-18427954/

I see players return from loan in the prem and play immediately, all the time.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,697 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I see players return from loan in the prem and play immediately, all the time.

Also, the Premier League transfer window has been open since Jan 1.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Yes. It was total sarcasm.

Galaxy are trying to get Chicarito. BWP going to camp with loaded LAFC. Tons of other teams bringing in multi million dollar transfers.

Our huge hope is a guy who cant sniff a bad Southampton 18.

Other teams are lapping us around the track. Its a joke.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,507 posts

Good to hear they are in the mix
For what reason have you seen Armas turning down 5-10-15 M transfers?
He doesnt control the $$$&

Why would anyone trust him with big money when he pissed away $2M+ on Matty Ice?   Why did it take so damn long to get Sims on board in the first place?    He's not good at this.   

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,454 posts

Why would anyone trust him with big money when he pissed away $2M+ on Matty Ice?   Why did it take so damn long to get Sims on board in the first place?    He's not good at this.   

Armas or Hamlett?

Yes swing and miss on J$.  Too long on Sims.  Not enough lese done

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,507 posts

Hamlet had nothing to do with Sims. Id bet my salary that he literally never even heard of Sims before. Global Synergy is to than for that transfer.

Hamlet was coming up empty in the transfer window because hes clueless. Southamptons manager had wielded for RB Germany. Ralf hit him up lookin got help clueless Hamlet. The Southampton manager threw him a bone because theyre friendly and Sims was never going to see the first team. Sims was also riding the bench in the Championship while on loan there.

That breaks with the theme of Papa RB not giving a shit whether we live or die.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,915 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

especially when Sims may not even be loaned back to us. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

especially when Sims may not even be loaned back to us. 

Not sure what is going on with Sims.

Southampton keeps leaving him out of their 18 while Red Bull has had plenty of time to bring him back but haven't yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users