regulator's Content

There have been 355 items by regulator (Search limited from 04-August 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#1368584 MLS has tentative plan to continue 2020 season

Posted by regulator on Yesterday, 10:26 PM in MetroFanatic.com

Do you know why we often times opted not to host us open cup games? Or moved them to Montclair instead of hosting at RBA? Because it's a money loser to open the stadium for such shit attendance games like us open cup vs a u18 squad from Delaware.

So in light of this, plus a global health pandemic, you all want RBNY to open RBA to fans, and are citing 500 fans at games as a reason in favor of this?

Give me a break.

#1368400 Bid for Ivan Toney rejected

Posted by regulator on 28 July 2020 - 11:05 AM in MetroFanatic.com

£4 million was enough, too cheap on the back end though. Brentford kills it with their recruitment....must be nice

https://twitter.com/...5199408137?s=21

so ~$5M USD up front, potentially rising to $12M USD with bonuses. Where would the profit be after we flip him if he flops like Kaku? This doesn't seem like it was ever very realistic for RBNY.

#1368005 "MLS is Back" Tournament Begins 7/8

Posted by regulator on 22 July 2020 - 11:05 PM in MetroFanatic.com

On the bright side I don't have to waste my time betting and watching these fucking games anymore. Could care less now. Hope the season gets cancelled afterwards.

Fuck covid and fuck RBNY

#1367739 Metro - Cincinnati Game Thread

Posted by regulator on 22 July 2020 - 12:59 PM in MetroFanatic.com

I think it is. 538 has them listed as 23% to win, 22% to draw tonight, with a 45% chance of advancing to the knockout stage. Seems like that reconciles to say they clinch a spot with a win or draw. 

Yup i just did a quick scan of the MLS tourney standings. NYC and Montreal both finished with 3 points. So if Cincy ties tonight, their 4 points would automatically leapfrog them to at least the 4th best wildcard team.  

#1367736 Metro - Cincinnati Game Thread

Posted by regulator on 22 July 2020 - 12:48 PM in MetroFanatic.com

part of me wants to bet the draw on this game as we haven't really been that strong in either game (we were outplayed mostly vs Atlanta, and were embarrassed vs CLB).  Plus a draw sees both teams through to the next round (edit: actually i don't know if a draw is automatically good enough for Cincy).  Then again, i hate betting anything other than a win for my team, so maybe i'll just sit it out. 

a tie pays out +215 right now on draftkings (RBNY win pays out +108)

#1367671 Daniel-Kofi Kyereh

Posted by regulator on 21 July 2020 - 02:50 PM in MetroFanatic.com

Why not Davis?

because this guy seems like an attacking mid (i.e. winger) or forward.  davis is neither of those, so he wouldnt be the one getting bumped in the lineup

#1367647 Daniel-Kofi Kyereh

Posted by regulator on 21 July 2020 - 11:43 AM in MetroFanatic.com

I'd say that Royer was at a similar level before he came here. But yeah, I'd much prefer the finished product.

We are not in the "signing finished products" business

#1367620 Daniel-Kofi Kyereh

Posted by regulator on 21 July 2020 - 08:01 AM in MetroFanatic.com

Yes please. Can't be any worse than what we already have.

#1367606 "MLS is Back" Tournament Begins 7/8

Posted by regulator on 20 July 2020 - 09:37 PM in MetroFanatic.com

On to the next one!

Survived a scare at the end with a possible handball in the box in the 95th

#1367593 The Coronavirus Thread

Posted by regulator on 20 July 2020 - 04:05 PM in MetroFanatic.com

IF there is a vaccine it's not going to be distributed to most of the US until mid to late 2022.

So if this is the approach they are taking now, we can expect no fans for at least all for next year too.

Which really makes little sense since the virus barely spreads outdoors (see the countless protests, lake parties, beach gatherings and other events that have resulted in no spike in cases).

The outbreak in Italy earlier this year has been directly linked to a soccer game in February. Remember spread is not just the people at the stadium - but also people taking mass transit, walking through the hallways, bathrooms, etc.

https://www.washingt...eadly-outbreak/

#1367560 Can we bring some real talent here?

Posted by regulator on 20 July 2020 - 10:50 AM in MetroFanatic.com

Face it, Red Bull is not leaving any time soon. Sports ownership is a strategy that directly affects their brand awareness internationally.  The only way they would sell is if they were short on cash and needed to start offloading assets. But as they are currently one of the leading global drink brands, that is extremely unlikely.

Red Bull NY specifically is also not going to be signing any big name DPs. Under the current regime, we are "all-in" with the "buy low, sell high".  We will see a couple more guys like that 20 year old rumor from League 1 along with homegrown guys and college guys.  And maybe if we suck, RB Leipzig will throw is a bone here and there.

Far more likely is Armas out, but given the corona shortened season, I'd guess that he will have a much longer leash... we might be stuck with him through at least next year. 

#1367559 "MLS is Back" Tournament Begins 7/8

Posted by regulator on 20 July 2020 - 10:44 AM in MetroFanatic.com

my 4 game betting parlay for this week:

Philly/Orlando tie (both teams are already at 6 points and should hopefully be resting/rotating players)

Toronto win (possible return of Jozy this game?)

DCU win (hate to bet on these clowns but their backs are against the wall)

RBNY win

#1367275 Metro - Cincinnati Game Thread

Posted by regulator on 17 July 2020 - 12:08 AM in MetroFanatic.com

------------white
---------kaku
Omir----------------muyl
-------casseres---rza
Pendant---tarek---parker----duncan
-----------jensen

Let's actually fucking rotate for once and beat these Cincy fucks. Do you remember how satisfying it was to beat them at their stadium in the US open cup?? Well channel that fucking energy and win on Sunday.

#1367230 Metro - Cincinnati Game Thread

Posted by regulator on 16 July 2020 - 11:12 PM in MetroFanatic.com

Armas will probably trot out the same lineup as the first two games because he is fucking clueless and does not understand that high temperature + high humidity + high pressure tactics will tire out players.

2-0 Cincy and through some fuckery we miss the knockout round

#1367219 Metro - Columbus Game Thread

Posted by regulator on 16 July 2020 - 10:57 PM in MetroFanatic.com

We wasted running our same starters again this match. Meanwhile Porter wisely rotated his players and has a 2 goal cushion to show for it.

Armas really is clueless.

#1367189 Metro - Columbus Game Thread

Posted by regulator on 16 July 2020 - 10:21 PM in MetroFanatic.com

We suck and need a good forward. Why aren't we out looking for 20 year old forwards?

#1367126 Dru Yearwood inbound, 20 yr old

Posted by regulator on 16 July 2020 - 02:50 PM in MetroFanatic.com

Redding has to be up there on the list of biggest busts, right? I don't think anyone expected much from Rivas but Redding was coming off a U-20 tournament and had played well for Orlando, dude just immediately checked out mentally once he got here.

Redding is giving Hymen Moreno a run for biggest metro bust

#1367125 Hamlett gets a new boss: Kevin Thelwell, Head of Sport

Posted by regulator on 16 July 2020 - 02:49 PM in MetroFanatic.com

Yeah RedBulls transfer and roster requirements arent and shouldnt be alien to fans of any RedBull owned club. They probably arent going to sign many players over the age of 25.

you would think that...and then you look at the countless posts in this forum asking for RBNY to sign a 30 year old DP and it really makes you scratch your head.

#1367123 Metro - Columbus Game Thread

Posted by regulator on 16 July 2020 - 02:41 PM in MetroFanatic.com

Edit:

Expecting to see the same lineup except I'm hoping White is good enough to start over Barlow.  Thought Barlow was one of the few that seemed out of place at times.

except his hold up play and pass to kaku directly led to our goal

#1367082 "MLS is Back" Tournament Begins 7/8

Posted by regulator on 16 July 2020 - 10:17 AM in MetroFanatic.com

Lmao Atlanta sucks. Fuck them for making me waste $5 on my parlay this week

#1367069 "MLS is Back" Tournament Begins 7/8

Posted by regulator on 16 July 2020 - 08:41 AM in MetroFanatic.com

how the fuck do you get 2 yellows in the first 26 mins of a game?? did he forget he already had a card? it's not like he was the last man in the 90th minute.  Jesus.

#1367064 "MLS is Back" Tournament Begins 7/8

Posted by regulator on 15 July 2020 - 10:36 PM in MetroFanatic.com

The defending and goalkeeping for this San Jose game looked like it was plucked straight out of MLS 1.0 back in '96. Holy shit what a pathetic effort. 

#1367054 "MLS is Back" Tournament Begins 7/8

Posted by regulator on 15 July 2020 - 09:00 PM in MetroFanatic.com

Did you get a whole 1% boost to your potential winnings by betting for Atlanta to beat Cincy?

It wasn't as low as 1% but it sure wasn't a lot.

#1367052 "MLS is Back" Tournament Begins 7/8

Posted by regulator on 15 July 2020 - 08:51 PM in MetroFanatic.com

Who cares about tonight, big game at 9 AM tomorrow.

There is no way Atlanta doesn't pummel them, right?

I've got Atlanta winning as game #2 of my 4 game parlay this week (Philly already won, and need Toronto and RSL to also win later this week).

#1367051 "MLS is Back" Tournament Begins 7/8

Posted by regulator on 15 July 2020 - 08:46 PM in MetroFanatic.com

I actually really like San Jose's color scheme for their kit. Is it new for this year or have I just not been paying attention?